Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean.bama should beat them but Iona is 17 and 3 and davidson is ranked.
As I said above those are both decent teams that will likely be in the NCAAT but Bama has beaten far better this year. It just further points to the inconsistency. Btw Alabama was a 13 point favorite over Iona so it was certainly an upset.

They're 18th on KenPom. They were much better defensively last year which I think partly explains why their record isn't as good as expected.
Excellent guards but a weak front line.

That Pitino has Iona at 17-3 just shows why he is one of the best of all time. He’s a Slime ball, but imagine what he could do here.
So we want a guy who is by most assessments a bit of a slime ball regarding his personal conduct. But does anyone stop and think why he isn't still at the 'Ville? Remember it was money floating around and women floating around that Rick didn't know a thing about. C'mon folks. We don't need that kind of resume at Syracuse.

So we want a guy who is by most assessments a bit of a slime ball regarding his personal conduct. But does anyone stop and think why he isn't still at the 'Ville? Remember it was money floating around and women floating around that Rick didn't know a thing about. C'mon folks. We don't need that kind of resume at Syracuse.
Unfortunately slime seems to be topping polls these days. Not saying I agree but results are results.

We've got one septuagenarian, not sure we need another one as great as he is.

Nice adjustments by Oates out of the half

Is Alabama basketball relevant within national scene in the regular season?

Outside of beating Zion at Cameron we have to go back to the 2016 Battle for Atlantis for Syracuse Basketball to relevant during the regular season.

Nate Oats and Alabama will are 14-7 and will be ranked this week.

They lost bad games but have a lot of good wins.
So Alabama basketball has the same expectations as Syracuse basketball?

Alabama doesn’t expect to beat 3 top 10 teams in the regular season.
This is the first team in program history they did that.

I don’t even want Oats as the next Hc but he is doing a way better job than our HC this year.

We are under .500 last time I checked. That js what Alabama basketball had been doing before Oats got there.
Oats would be great here. If you had your druthers, who would you want as the next coach that’s a realistic option (not Few, Wright, Drew, etc)?

Just no way Johnson should have gotten to the bucket so easily.

This may be true but I’m simply talking about the coaching aspect of Alabama’s performance. You’re shuffling the goal posts around some. Since you brought it up though, I will wager a small amount that you could count on one hand how many times Syracuse has beaten 3 Top 10 teams in a season. If you think that is the expected standard that we should consider minimally acceptable it might explain your dissatisfaction with our program.
Lol, we did it in 2017!

Auburn is just way more talented this season. Bama doesn’t have the front court players to compete with them. Oats has done a great job. He’d kill it at Syracuse and recruit at a really high level.

Auburn can win it all if Wendell Green plays under control and doesn't jack up 25 footers. Their front line can punish most teams out there.
They look like Roy’s best Carolina teams. They even have one of his former players!

Auburn can win it all if Wendell Green plays under control and doesn't jack up 25 footers. Their front line can punish most teams out there.
I think they can win it all in spite of that.

Pearl up 20+ with less than 2. Pull the starters or does bama score too quickly?

Pearl looks like he’s having fun.

Although i loved seeing him nearly blow a gasket when the walk-on-s had an inbounding turnover.

Last edited:
Pearl looks like a guy whom when you smell a fart and no idea who did it but he’s in the room and you assume that he was the one who dealt it.
Yeah but… whoever smelt it dealt it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors