NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

Well they cut if from 17 to 10. Gave us reason to at least watch the second with some mystery out there still.
you wish you had a dollar for every team that lost after having a 10 pt lead.

Should prioritize Timme a bit early down low. The guards are the critical pieces for Baylor but if you can continue to get those guys in foul trouble, you can get mismatches and the bonus early.

It’s not over but always tough to make a comeback of this size and actually get over the hump to win it. Cant wait to see the first few minutes of the second half to see if Baylor can step on Gonzaga’s throat or if Gonzaga can get up off the mat.

Both teams are doing a poor job of playing post defense. Pick and rolls are leading to easy buckets.

If the first half had been a boxing match, they would have stopped it early.

Gonzaga with a big run to make the deficit manageable. Don't think they're athletic enough to cope with Baylor, but at least it's a game now.

It’s not over but always tough to make a comeback of this size and actually get over the hump to win it. Cant wait to see the first few minutes of the second half to see if Baylor can step on Gonzaga’s throat or if Gonzaga can get up off the mat.
The tough part is to chase somebody when you don't use much of your bench.

It’s very Tavern League.

No pressure when it gets to the middle in the possessions I watched closely (unfortunately also doing some work). Timme just lays back 5-6 feet from the basket.

I know people say we don't do much physical contact because of the zone -- and we don't on the perimeter like other teams. But Syracuse can get very physical and "hacky" at times when the ball gets in the middle as the player is attacked from multiple angles.

Timme doesn't do much in the zone, and seems to be struggling when he gets pulled to the top on roll action as well. Maybe I am only watching the wrong possessions.

Hard for Gonzaga to play offence when Baylor guys have their hands on them nearly all the time.
Sadly, this is the norm in men’s college hoops.

I feel like it’s the only level of b-ball where they allow the defenders to do that.

If the first half had been a boxing match, they would have stopped it early.

Gonzaga with a big run to make the deficit manageable. Don't think they're athletic enough to cope with Baylor, but at least it's a game now.

I'm waiting to see if Baylor continues into foul trouble or if the refs swallow their whistles.

The Baylor bigs foul trouble completely changes the game and will be the deciding factor in this game

I think a lot of it is on Kispert, if he gets his in the second half I think the Zags have a good chance.

Both teams are doing a poor job of playing post defense. Pick and rolls are leading to easy buckets.
Gonzaga has been much worst. I expect that to be better in the second half.

Kenny Smith - does not want the Zags to come out in a Zone as that is passive - I have a feeling JB just lost his #!$@ after hearing that...

I think a lot of it is on Kispert, if he gets his in the second half I think the Zags have a good chance.

He has the same trouble against a tough defender as Buddy does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom