NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

Kispert and Timme can get away putting the ball on the floor against most teams, but not against these kinds of athletes. That's the second [I can recall] major league swat Baylor has had off of a Kispert drive. And that drive where Timme got the ball knocked away / fell down -- too many swift hands.

Jared Butler out here looking like mini Dame Lillard

They should. I amazed that this discussion has been going on for like 15 years.

15 years?

I remember it being a staple of Georgetown's defensive play back in the early '80s.

They dared refs to call fouls, and they wouldn't every possession, so they got away with way more than they should most possessions. Enabled them to dictate how the game flowed.

This Baylor loaded backcourt is like some of Pitino’s Louisville teams on steroids. Speed, shooting, playmaking. It’s crazy. Gonzaga can’t win because Baylor refuses to let them cut the lead under 10 because their guards are too good.

Kispert and Timme can get away putting the ball on the floor against most teams, but not against these kinds of athletes. That's the second [I can recall] major league swat Baylor has had off of a Kispert drive.
Kispert is pretty limited when not hitting threes. He missed a wide open Timme when he got his drive rejected.

This game showing why it's so hard to go undefeated - Zags not playing up to their capability and you simply cannot do that against the other best team in the nation - Baylor getting the job done thus far...

15 years?

I remember it being a staple of Georgetown's defensive play back in the early '80s.

They dared refs to call fouls, and they wouldn't every possession, so they got away with way more than they should most possessions. Enabled them to dictate how the game flowed.

Yeah. I feel like it became the default defense for most teams out there like 15 years ago. UConn, Pitt, Buzz Williams’ Marquette, Stevens’ Butler teams, etc.

I hate it.

Baylor plays fast physical and can get you with the bounce but reality is if you can make a lot of 3s pretty much every night, defend pretty well and have some legit bigs, you can win a ton of games in today's version of hoops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom