NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA National Championship: Monday April 5

Not trying to pick a fight, but Baylor's perimeter defense was the difference. Baylor made what 3 3's? And they must have turned the ball over at least a dozen times from the pressure.

Haha you totally missed the point my friend.

Hint- Frank is an athletic center who hopefully would block a lot of shots who hasn't made his decision about next year yet..:)

makes you wonder about JBs evaluation and formula
skinny and slow most of the time
The formula for successful basketball team is the (almost) all black team. Like this year's Baylor and Houston or Old Thompson's teams in the past.

The formula for successful basketball team is the (almost) all black team. Like this year's Baylor and Houston or Old Thompson's teams in the past.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Haha you totally missed the point my friend.

Hint- Frank is an athletic center who hopefully would block a lot of shots who hasn't made his decision about next year yet..:)

No worries, it's easy to miss stuff on these two-dimensional text editors. So now, who the heck is this Frank? :)

I'm removing Few from my list of reasonable coaching targets. Sticking with Brad Stevens and Jay Wright at this point.

Few and Gonzaga are a bit of a fraud. I don't know if they could go .500 in the ACC.

I'm removing Few from my list of reasonable coaching targets. Sticking with Brad Stevens and Jay Wright at this point.

Few and Gonzaga are a bit of a fraud. I don't know if they could go .500 in the ACC.

But does he become more affordable now that he's a known fraud?

I don't know if the outcome would have been any different, but would have liked to see how the teams adjust in a 3 out of 5 series. These seemed to be the clear head of the pack this year, and Baylor was probably the head of the pack without the attention.

Obviously would never happen, and the one and done aspect is what makes the tournament so great.

Well I finished third in my pool that rewards extra points to upset picks. If I didn’t swap out msu for byu after UCLA won the play in game, I would have won. Lost by 0.4 pts which is less than one correct game in the first round. Crazy.

I don't know if the outcome would have been any different, but would have liked to see how the teams adjust in a 3 out of 5 series. These seemed to be the clear head of the pack this year, and Baylor was probably the head of the pack without the attention.

Obviously would never happen, and the one and done aspect is what makes the tournament so great.

I'm just glad we got the Zags- UCLA game. So many blowouts otherwise and a dud of a title game.

Our eyes didn't deceive us- Baylor looked like the better team on Saturday and they were the better team tonight. Gonzaga won some big 'confrontation games' early in the season against Kansas, Auburn, West Virginia, Iowa and Virginia and had the best resume at that time. They may have been the best team but they averaged 95 points in those games and gave up 80 points a game. Those five teams wound up with 49 losses. The West Coast Conference offered no real challenges. They beat Norfolk State, a 16 seed, Oklahoma (8), Creighton (5), Southern California (6) and UCLA (11) in the Big Dance. Those teams lost 46 games this year. The Zags were legit but they weren't the best.

They fell behind 0-9 early and the Bear stretched that to 14-33. After that, the Zags made mini-runs but never really turned the game around. Comebacks are about defense and they'd spent the season out-scoring people and couldn't get the stops they needed to overcome the big deficit. Baylor may have been the best team all along. they were certainly the best team tonight and a very deserving champion.

I didn’t see any adjustments, sure he played some kind of YMCA zone, but absolutely no trying to change things up.

Omg... I had no clue about Oscar Frayer. He was in One Shining Moment and died in a car crash a few days after his team was eliminated from the Tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom