New unis? | Syracusefan.com

New unis?

Looks the same.
Agree. Same garbage Nike font for the school name. Same garbage font for the number.

Nike brings trailer home chic to college basketball again. I have disliked these uniforms from day one. Why keep bringing back such a massive failure year after year?

As always with that company, just be happy if the uniform is not the color of duct tape.

I don't know why people think they're still popular.

We haven't worn them in over 25 years.

Once in a while for "throwback night" they're OK. But not every night.

They’re still popular because I always hear people asking for us to wear them again. Also, anytime they release throwback script jerseys they always sell out and are worn all over the city. I also see the script tee shirts still (have a couple myself). Even the players want to wear them judging off of social media. I know we haven’t regularly worn them since 1994 but for a good chunk of our most successful years as a program the script jersey was synonymous with Syracuse basketball.

They’re still popular because I always hear people asking for us to wear them again. Also, anytime they release throwback script jerseys they always sell out and are worn all over the city. I also see the script tee shirts still (have a couple myself). Even the players want to wear them judging off of social media.

To each his own, I guess.

Personally, I always liked the Rautins -Santifer - Bruin unis from the early 80's, and the Flynn-Devo 6OT unis (dont @ me). :)

To each his own, I guess.

Personally, I always liked the Rautins -Santifer - Bruin unis from the early 80's, and the Flynn-Devo 6OT unis (dont @ me). :)

The 95-97 ones weren’t bad either because of the awesome SU basketball logo. Anything but the orange road unis with blue lettering we wore around 2005-06.

I don’t get the blocks on the side. Never did. I know Nike makes very specific themes for specific schools like SU, but this look is getting old and tired

I don’t get the blocks on the side. Never did. I know Nike makes very specific themes for specific schools like SU, but this look is getting old and tired

You don't like Bouie and Louie?

1602299811615.png

Agree. Same garbage Nike font for the school name. Same garbage font for the number.

Nike brings trailer home chic to college basketball again. I have disliked these uniforms from day one. Why keep bringing back such a massive failure year after year?

As always with that company, just be happy if the uniform is not the color of duct tape.
Thank you for saying what everybody thinks.

I’m a little surprised at this. Why is the number font garbage? They’re normal numbers. Everyone one, including me, were mad at the football numbers and still hate the lax numbers. These are normal which makes me happy. I would like the script back though.

Because no one writes in cursive anymore?

It will just confuse the youth.

I think that's it. The script is popular with the AC / DC , Guns and Roses jock rock set here. (I have a script sweatshirt and think it rules, so...)

I’m a little surprised at this. Why is the number font garbage? They’re normal numbers. Everyone one, including me, were mad at the football numbers and still hate the lax numbers. These are normal which makes me happy. I would like the script back though.
I think it is the plainest, cheapest looking generic font one could possibly find. You are right. It would have been worse to use the font Nike likes to put on our football and lac uniforms. At least these are readable.

But I expect more than the font you see on the uniforms of the lowest level softball teams...the cheapest treatment possible. This type of treatment isn’t even acceptable for a glorified community college like Rutgers.

We are Syracuse. We deserve better.

The soccer team, the women’s basketball team all use the script Syracuse and they are universally praised for them.
Men’s basketball can’t because it would make a strong majority of fans happy.

Our uniforms have been trash since 2004. Some versions less trashy than others but since 2004 our basketball uniforms have sucked.

Just either bring back the uniforms from before 2004 or the script era uniforms.

The soccer team, the women’s basketball team all use the script Syracuse and they are universally praised for them.

Our uniforms have been trash since 2004. Some versions less trashy than others but since 2004 our basketball uniforms have sucked.

Just either bring back the uniforms from before 2004 or the script era uniforms.

I would say it's a dream but I saw a version with the louie and bouie stripes and piping with the script. That would be cash. And REO Speedwagon is awesome!

Yeah. I feel like there’s only so many “good” designs. When you change uniforms so frequently, you run the risk of wearing a lot of bad ones. Once you find a good one, you should largely stick with it. Maybe just make some minor adjustments to it over time. UNC has been the standard in this regard. That Uni is iconic. We could’ve done the same thing, but chose not to.

I like these uniforms too. But I'm ok with being in the minority.

Yeah. I feel like there’s only so many “good” designs. When you change uniforms so frequently, you run the risk of wearing a lot of bad ones. Once you find a good one, you should largely stick with it. Maybe just make some minor adjustments to it over time. UNC has been the standard in this regard. That Uni is iconic. We could’ve done the same thing, but chose not to.
What is more Syracuse brand?
1935273-gerry-mcnamara-stands-next-to-carmelo-anthony.jpg.jpg

Or

EbEmXzXVAAAtNrI.jpg

I don’t like last year’s either
1207661890.jpeg

They just changed the silver to white and added the blue/silver/orange checkboards.

If they don’t want to go back to the script then go back to the NC era uniforms. Which were classic and clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom