New unis? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New unis?

What is more Syracuse brand?
1935273-gerry-mcnamara-stands-next-to-carmelo-anthony.jpg.jpg

Or

EbEmXzXVAAAtNrI.jpg

I don’t like last year’s either
1207661890.jpeg

They just changed the silver to white and added the blue/silver/orange checkboards.

If they don’t want to go back to the script then go back to the NC era uniforms. Which were classic and clean.

Smaller complaint, but the tops of those uni’s just get busier and scrubbier as time goes on. We really need a swoosh, a flag, AND an ACC logo up there? Too much. I can’t think of one good reason why the flag or ACC logo need to be on a basketball uniform.

From the discussions I've seen here and on our boards, I can only draw one conclusion - Nike has a bunch of designers in bad need of firing. They're terrible. The secondary logos they came up with for us are pretty much universally reviled. The font that will be on the front of our b-ball unis is far too close to the one used on Va Tech's for comfort. They put us into your MLax unis. Even the numbers on our football jerseys have this weird notch in them.

Smaller complaint, but the tops of those uni’s just get busier and scrubbier as time goes on. We really need a swoosh, a flag, AND an ACC logo up there? Too much. I can’t think of one good reason why the flag or ACC logo need to be on a basketball uniform.

Because the ACC hands us a $30 million TV check every year?

Every school in every conference in every division has their conference logo on every uniform of every team.

I think that's it. The script is popular with the AC / DC , Guns and Roses jock rock set here. (I have a script sweatshirt and think it rules, so...)

I might not qualify as a youth anymore, but I’m considerably younger than that set and would prefer more blocks (around the neck and/or armholes) and script lettering.

I wasn’t particularly fond of the change (back) to the block ‘S’ however many years ago. I liked the interlocking SU. Didn’t think it looked like St. John’s

They’re still popular because I always hear people asking for us to wear them again. Also, anytime they release throwback script jerseys they always sell out and are worn all over the city. I also see the script tee shirts still (have a couple myself). Even the players want to wear them judging off of social media. I know we haven’t regularly worn them since 1994 but for a good chunk of our most successful years as a program the script jersey was synonymous with Syracuse basketball.

Right on! The script jersey is iconic, school 'branding' at its best, and it made SU stand out in such unique & positive fashion in that regard. We OWNED it like nobody else! As DW alluded, ours unis could've remained just as iconic as UNC's.

Right on! The script jersey is iconic, school 'branding' at its best, and it made SU stand out in such unique & positive fashion in that regard. We OWNED it like nobody else! As DW alluded, ours unis could've remained just as iconic as UNC's.

Absolutely. Pearl, DC, Sherm, Billy, Stevie, Rony, Moten (for 3 years) and Wallace (for 2 years) all rocked the script with swagger. To me, the script font was part of our aura and swagger as a program. One of the best shirts Nike ever released for SU was in honor of Pearl with the script font. If Pitt can go back to their retro look so should we.

I don’t get the blocks on the side. Never did. I know Nike makes very specific themes for specific schools like SU, but this look is getting old and tired

I agree, don't care for the same look on fb uniforms. Catch the chargers unis this year? The white jerseys and yellow pants? Gorgeous and...simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom