NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Brady’s stats aren’t bad but he has been awful in this game.

Not his usual self. Probably due to the random Thursday game and change in weekly prep routine.

He seems like a routine-driven guy. Can’t discount that when looking at his overall performance.

I mean... if I hit snooze on my alarm on a Tuesday it can throw me out of whack. Can’t imagine being an NFL QB on a Thursday.

Giants actually competed and played hard.
Pats have a top 3 defense in the league.
The offense needs to get it’s OL healthy then the weapons will improve

Just bite the bullet and resign AB.
Robert Kraft’s feelings be damned.

Giants actually competed and played hard.
Pats have a top 3 defense in the league.
The offense needs to get it’s OL healthy then the weapons will improve

Just bite the bullet and resign AB.
Robert Kraft’s feelings be damned.

Yeah, Pats D is a monster and with the Giants 3 best skill position players out I wasn’t expecting much offense. It was good to see Tate make plays at least. That bodes well for Jones, once we get Engram, Barkley, and hopefully Shepard back. Lots of winnable games left on the schedule: Washington, Arizona, Jets, Miami...possibly can knock off Philly once or the Lions, maybe the Bears again.

Was very happy with the way the defense competed and kept us in the game for a long time. It’s starting to improve a little. There are some nice young pieces there. If we can continue drafting well, and use the cap space we will soon have wisely, and key young guys(namely, Jones) keep improving, we should be set to be pretty good in the next few years.

This Patriots team has the easiest schedule in the history of the NFL. The Jet's/Cleveland/Baltimore the next 3 weeks?
They have a 6 week stretch where it’s hard.
@ Baltimore
Bye
@ Philadelphia
Dallas
Kansas City
@ Houston
Buffalo

That is the meat of their schedule.
Their schedule is easy because the Jets and Dolphins suck and they play the AFC North and NFC East and they don’t play themselves.

The Pats D is going to carry them this year though.
They need their LT back from IR and another weapon.
Of course Ben Volin is trolling the team after last year and the media is up in arms.

The Patriots aren’t playing well but they are winning their games outside of Buffalo very comfortably.

They have a 6 week stretch where it’s hard.
@ Baltimore
Bye
@ Philadelphia
Dallas
Kansas City
@ Houston
Buffalo

That is the meat of their schedule.
Their schedule is easy because the Jets and Dolphins suck and they play the AFC North and NFC East and they don’t play themselves.

The Pats D is going to carry them this year though.
They need their LT back from IR and another weapon.
Of course Ben Volin is trolling the team after last year and the media is up in arms.

The Patriots aren’t playing well but they are winning their games outside of Buffalo very comfortably.

Didn’t Ben Volin used to cover the Dolphins? I see that guy on my Twitter timeline all the time and I don’t even follow him. Guy is annoying.

Didn’t Ben Volin used to cover the Dolphins? I see that guy on my Twitter timeline all the time and I don’t even follow him. Guy is annoying.

Chit like this. After the team has made the SB 3 years in a row. It’s not even tongue and cheek. The Boston media HATES the team. All they want to do is troll.
That is the Senior NFL beat reporter for the Boston Globe.
Who doesn’t even have to go back that far to the 2015 Broncos. Who had a worse offense and elite defense and won a SB.
But a team playing a Thursday night game with a banged up roster can’t make the SB.

The Globe covers the team like Patriots haters are their target audience.

Alsacs , you really think the Pats might resign AB? Could totally see them making a trade for Sanders like you said, but I think(and hope. Sorry, I can't be impartial here) AB is done for the year.

Alsacs , you really think the Pats might resign AB? Could totally see them making a trade for Sanders like you said, but I think(and hope. Sorry, I can't be impartial here) AB is done for the year.
Boston media is why they cut him.
Kraft has an image problem and the Boston Globe was relentlessly attacking Kraft and calling all his sponsors. Some inside Boston drama. The Globe hate the Patriots because it is owned by the Red Sox owner John Henry. Henry hates the Sox have been passed by the Patriots. Globe has turned a lot of Boston sports fans against the Red Sox.

Kraft’s image problem is his own fault.
He deserves to get mocked. What he didn’t deserve was for human trafficking to be mentioned and that was a hitjob on him. He was perverted old man who got a pull. He didn’t traffic women and the prosecution knew that. They used his name to cover their sting which wasn’t fruitful and it was done wrong.
The guy is guilty of solicitation but not human trafficking. Patriots haters take to far and can’t just mock him for being a john.

Belichick and Brady didn’t want to cut Brown without the process being played out.
The story has died down since he got cut and the news hasn’t been following his story.
I know you dislike the guy and he is a POS character wise but the original allegation was a civil lawsuit and no criminal charges have been filed since then.
I think he is crazy but the media constant pounding on the story was why he got cut.
I give it a 1% chance of happening.
Brown needs mental health but if he signed with another team after the Raiders I don’t think he gets cut for what has transpired since then.

They will make a trade for a skill guy.
Everyone around NE is saying OJ Howard from the Bucs because Arians doesn’t like him and the closer to the deadline it happens the less cap space it requires..

Last edited:
I am waiting for helmet catch play and safety intentional grounding in the second half.
I refuse to allow you to add the blatant intentional grounding in XLVI in with the majestic and glorious ‘62 Sail-Y Union’ which was run exactly how it was intended and drawn up from XLII.

I refuse to allow you to add the blatant intentional grounding in XLVI in with the majestic and glorious ‘62 Sail-Y Union’ which was run exactly how it was intended and drawn up from XLII.
The point I was making that they were both fluke plays.
Intentional grounding was because Dion branch ran the wrong route. It was the proper call I don’t dispute that. Brady wasn’t even being pressured he just threw the ball where there was no one around the ball.
Tyree play I don’t want to even talk about. Except number 60 of the Giants OL was holding.
Giants earned those no disputing that.

The point I was making that they were both fluke plays.
Intentional grounding was because Dion branch ran the wrong route. It was the proper call I don’t dispute that. Brady wasn’t even being pressured he just threw the ball where there was no one around the ball.
Tyree play I don’t want to even talk about. Except number 60 of the Giants OL was holding.
Giants earned those no disputing that.
Shaun O’Hara was choking, not holding. ;)

Giants and Cuse down a combined 27-0.

What a scintillating night of football.

I’m going to bed by 10.
I stayed up and watched every second and I’ve still not recovered. If there’s an actual spirit to a body I feel mine shunning me for subjecting myself to those games.

no mention of almost seeing the rarest of the rare.. a free kick. i dont know that anyone on the board has actually seen one live..

going with the Dolphins to break the snide today

Jameis Winston plays so recklessly with the ball its amazing.
That pass was so dumb.

What's the deal with the NFL app? I downloaded it to try and watch the Eagles game which is an out of market game for me here in Atlanta. No such luck. They only offer the Saints/Jags for me on the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom