NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 307 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Watch the Lions shock everyone and trade the farm for Watson lol
Lions can’t afford both Goff and Watson though.
The cap hit would be north of 64 million.

Goff is on their team for 2 years.
Then gets cut after 2022 for 8 million.
They could afford a rookie with him though.

If I am Detroit I don’t trade up with a future Rams pick but if a QB gets beyond 4 then consider moving from 8 to 5-7 to get a QB.
If not let Goff be the starter next year and cleanup up cap and go for a Dolphins year 2 under Flores move up the standing.

I actually thought the same thing.

I also wondered whether the Lions will try to find a taker for Goff and then use one of the Rams 1st rounders to try to move up this year to grab Wilson/Lance.

It makes a lot of sense for the Lions to try to get a QB this year and then sit them. They wait another year for Green Bay to move on from Rodgers and let Goff be the stop gap QB til next year

If I am Detroit I don’t trade up with a future Rams pick but if a QB gets beyond 4 then consider moving from 8 to 5-7 to get a QB.
If not let Goff be the starter next year and cleanup up cap and go for a Dolphins year 2 under Flores move up the standing.

The Bills traded a 1 and 2 two's to move up for Allen in 2018. If a QB the Lions like falls outside the top 3 they can make a similar move.

I am just wondering what DeShaun Watson gets traded for now?

It has to be atleast 4 first round draft picks.
He is almost a decade younger than Stafford and a lot better.
Think you are missing the mark on this trade by a ton. Stafford got dealt for a late 1 & a 3. The Lions got the 2023 1 as compensation for having to wait til 2022 in lieu of a 1st this year and for taking on a toxic asset. The Osweiler deal shows us that the cost of unloading a crap deal is a future 2 so it makes sense that taking on Goffs deal and waiting a year for the 2022 1st should net a 2023 pick that would be expected to be in the 20s.

McVay cost himself another first rounder when he threw Goff under the bus basically saying he stinks and they were moving on. Rams had two horrible deals, Goff and Gurley, that they got off the books. Worry about the future later, Donald and Ramsey are on your roster now.

Rams are in Super Bowl or bust mode now and also in direct competition with the Chargers (who have their QB and are on the rise) for LA fans.

LOOOOOOOL this trade

The Rams obviously think Goff is what prevented them from winning a super bowl. They better get it because they’re SOL soon.

Detroit made out here. I think they are only locked in for 2 years. They can make a move for their QB anytime in the next 1-3 years once they see what they have in Goff.

Watson is literally too expensive to trade now.

Washington offered them a 1st round pick this year and 3rd round pick next apparently.

So the Goff contract got them an extra first. Which is a good decision by Detroit.
Goff isn’t great but he is better than any Chicago QB has had probably in 20+ years.

I’m curious what the market will be for Wentz now. Obviously not as high profile as MS and DW, but hearing talks of him being moved as well. The Eagles say he is “fixable”.

I’m curious what the market will be for Wentz now. Obviously not as high profile as MS and DW, but hearing talks of him being moved as well. The Eagles say he is “fixable”.
Philly would have to eat 59 million in dead momey next year to trade Wentz.

They can’t do that unless they want to tank fully next year.
The dead money goes to down to 25 million after the 2021 season.

Wentz is going to be in Philadelphia next year.

Washington offered them a 1st round pick this year and 3rd round pick next apparently.

So the Goff contract got them an extra first. Which is a good decision by Detroit.
Goff isn’t great but he is better than any Chicago QB has had probably in 20+ years.
I’m not sure the Rams offer is better than that but close either way. #19 pick this year is a lot more valuable than a pick in the late 20s to 30s in future drafts and Goff is a negative asset. Still a solid deal for Detroit but it was in line with expectations IMO. Don’t think this means anything re: Watson. He’s still worth 3-4 first rounders plus other pieces depending on where those picks are.

Philly would have to eat 59 million in dead momey next year to trade Wentz.

They can’t do that unless they want to tank fully next year.
The dead money goes to down to 25 million after the 2021 season.

Wentz is going to be in Philadelphia next year.
I didn’t realize that figure. I def have read some articles/talk about a possible trade over past few weeks. Knowing the number , seems less likely now.

I didn’t realize that figure. I def have read some articles/talk about a possible trade over past few weeks. Knowing the number , seems less likely now.
The Eagles could eat the 59 million and just see what Hurts could do.
They would be telling their fanbase 2021 is a reset season though.
I think they fired Pederson because he wanted to move on from Wentz and the owner is the only Eagles fan left who isn’t down on Wentz.

They probably ride Wentz one more year.

So Matt Stafford Is ranked as the 14th best QB on PFF the past 4 years and Jared Goff is ranked 16th. McVay must think he can really coach up Stafford because when you compare the 2 it’s just a marginal upgrade.
Thats with Stafford in a regime led by Matt Patricia and 0 run game to lean on and he still came out ahead. Goff had McVay, prime Gurley and always 2 or 3 high end WRs.

Thats with Stafford in a regime led by Matt Patricia and 0 run game to lean on and he still came out ahead. Goff had McVay, prime Gurley and always 2 or 3 high end WRs.

He wasn’t any better before Patricia. At some point you are what your track record says you are. He’s a less a holish Jay Cutler.

He might be able to have a Vinny Testaverde with the Jets type of season but I don’t think he is much better than Goff.

As I said I thjnk McVay is a control freak and that may have stunted Goff’s growth.

Goff isn’t great but I would take him over Wentz.

There’s a scene in Seinfeld where George claims to an old high school classmate that he banged “Miss Stafford”. Followed by said classmate incredulously replying “Miss Stafford??”

In my head i say “Matt Stafford” with that same incredulous tone of voice whenever someone overhypes him.

Just thought I’d share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom