NIL | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

How is Texas different with basically paying OL $50k to play
To me it’s shady if it’s a blanket offer for all players. Because we know some of these companies could give a crap about NIL for 75% of those rosters.

Then it starts to become a recruiting inducement rather than an agreement between a high ceiling marketing opportunity player based on popularity or performance.

Wait but I was told the money would go to their heads and they'd use it on cars and jewelry and stop focusing on sports?
He drove the turkeys over in his Escalade.

Went to a fund raiser Friday night in Cincinnati where former Bengals HC and current staff member at Arizona State Marvin Lewis spoke. The question of NIL came up and as expected he wasn’t a fan.

He did bring up an interesting point when talking about NIL.

His theory was Booster X has 3 million he donates annually to the school. This set amount of money may now be going to a potential recruit instead of the school. After a while schools or going to look around and say hey, our bottom line is shrinking fast and it’s now because “our” booster money is now going to “paying” recruits through NIL.

How long will schools put up with this effecting the bottom line of their respective program and will they truly have a voice in limiting or putting restrictions on the dollars being spent for NIL and their recruits?!?!?

they could eliminate all scholies.. Kids could do what they want, take out loans or get someone to pay for it. boosters would pay for some schools. But schools would be 5-10 million richer in fball money alone.. you do that for all sports and the bottom lines go up 20 million.

if a booster gives his 3 million to a player great for him.. but thats also hurting the school he is trying to elevate.

Ivies would love it. level the playing field for many of their sports.

Went to a fund raiser Friday night in Cincinnati where former Bengals HC and current staff member at Arizona State Marvin Lewis spoke. The question of NIL came up and as expected he wasn’t a fan.

He did bring up an interesting point when talking about NIL.

His theory was Booster X has 3 million he donates annually to the school. This set amount of money may now be going to a potential recruit instead of the school. After a while schools or going to look around and say hey, our bottom line is shrinking fast and it’s now because “our” booster money is now going to “paying” recruits through NIL.

How long will schools put up with this effecting the bottom line of their respective program and will they truly have a voice in limiting or putting restrictions on the dollars being spent for NIL and their recruits?!?!?
If they are making 100 mil a year in TV money, they can afford to reallocate funds to get talent

So I wonder what the name image and likeness part involves...just posing for this tweet? Or does he have to do some TV commercials for them?

It’s a good way to keep him humble and hungry.

So I wonder what the name image and likeness part involves...just posing for this tweet? Or does he have to do some TV commercials for them?
That's probably it. He probably got some cash too

He probably just tells where he got hooked up w the whip and does some word of mouth advertising

Put this by mistake on the bball board but I’ll leave it there since it has its own NIL thread and this football article can be applied to bball too.

Anyone want to take the lead on something like this for an SU collective?

I bet assistant coaches are pissed about this kind of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom