NIL | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

It's rough now and a shock to people who have followed college sports for a long time. I'm interested to see how this shakes out 2-3 years from now. There's going to be lots of individuals and NIL groups that will spend lots of money on guys that end up being trash.

The market will correct over time...I think?

It's rough now and a shock to people who have followed college sports for a long time. I'm interested to see how this shakes out 2-3 years from now. There's going to be lots of individuals and NIL groups that will spend lots of money on guys that end up being trash.

Let's hope...

The Supreme Court already ruled on this, you can't restrict a college athlete's earnings. The Supreme Court unanimously upheld the Ninth Circuit, ruling that the NCAA cannot restrict education-related compensation benefits for student-athletes.

That is what your solution is doing, putting a cap on their earnings and that ship has sailed, it can't be done. This has already been in the courts, the courts ruled, and there is no going back now.

This is the new reality and norm of "college" sports. Schools will either get on board and play within the new rules and spend money on players to compete. Or they won't. But if they don't, they will get left behind in a big pile of dust.
Technically not correct. They ruled only on the question of educational benefits. No parties raised the issue of the entire scheme of “limiting” direct compensation from the schools themselves, in the form of scholarships but no more. So for the moment, total compensation can be limited. Kavanaugh wrote a concurrence saying he thought the whole thing might be unconstitutional.

Feels like colleges are catching FOMO. Boom cycle that will hopefully cool off like you mentioned. But markets aren't always self correcting, and when power players are involved even less so. When can we start trading futures based on NIL LOL

Feels like colleges are catching FOMO. Boom cycle that will hopefully cool off like you mentioned. But markets aren't always self correcting, and when power players are involved even less so. When can we start trading futures based on NIL LOL

I guess if Texas A&M still goes 8-4 every year when their alums pump in $30m...

I am not sure if this has been covered at all but theoretically is there anything to stop a team from circumventing the system and signing kids to NILs instead of scholarships to get around the scholarship limit? I know you can only have so many kids per team but what would stop a team from loading up like this if they chose to?

I am not sure if this has been covered at all but theoretically is there anything to stop a team from circumventing the system and signing kids to NILs instead of scholarships to get around the scholarship limit? I know you can only have so many kids per team but what would stop a team from loading up like this if they chose to?

The school can’t sign a kid to an NIL but I get your point. A booster or collective could offer a kid x dollars to go to y school as a walk on and not use a scholie.

Miami NIL.

If the Canes get an on -campus, or very near campus, stadium that seats 50-55K, it could become a juggernaut in football and baseball once again, while becoming much more competitive in a few other sports.

Miami NIL.

If the Canes get an on -campus, or very near campus, stadium that seats 50-55K, it could become a juggernaut in football and baseball once again, while becoming much more competitive in a few other sports.

Everybody needs a Ruiz.

I know this is basketball news on a football board. But it ties into the NIL and Transfer portal. This tweet is the new reality of college sports down to the core. A player is "threatening" to leave the school tomorrow if he doesn't get more NIL money, and he is talking through his agent...LOL

I know this is basketball news on a football board. But it ties into the NIL and Transfer portal. This tweet is the new reality of college sports down to the core. A player is "threatening" to leave the school tomorrow if he doesn't get more NIL money, and he is talking through his agent...LOL

He’s upset Ruiz is giving these new guys bigger money than Wong is getting and Ruiz won’t renegotiate.

Hit the bricks, bozo.

This is a really bad look for college basketball, if this is where we're all going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom