NIL | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

No it isn't. For Saban and Dabo they are peeved that the money is erasing their tacitly approved advantages. Their behind and they don't like it.

Historically, when Saban makes comments like these people try to paint it as whining when it’s proven to be a warning more than anything.

HUNH, CFP, Transfer rule. Now it’s NIL that cost him a couple recruits last year and the word is Bama is starting a collective and loading up the vault.

Historically, when Saban makes comments like these people try to paint it as whining when it’s proven to be a warning more than anything.

HUNH, CFP, Transfer rule. Now it’s NIL that cost him a couple recruits last year and the word is Bama is starting a collective and loading up the vault.
I actually agree with this. Saban is 70, his legacy is set. He only will coach a couple more years. He is the WRONG messenger for this warning but his points are valid.

If the head coach at Wake Forest or Iowa said what Saban said, people may have listened with more of an open mind. When Nick says it, people just see him as a spoiled cry baby. But that doesn't mean what he said is actually incorrect.

Saban is the worst. He cries about the transfer rule and then took the very best players off Georgia Tech and LSU's rosters and then the WR from Louisville as well who their coach then called him out for being a hypocrite scumbag.

Now he's calling out A&M because they beat him at the game he has been the king of for years. Says he doesn't buy anyone and then a flood of players come out within the hour saying they had offers from Bama.

Saban is the worst. He cries about the transfer rule and then took the very best players off Georgia Tech and LSU's rosters and then the WR from Louisville as well who their coach then called him out for being a hypocrite scumbag.

Now he's calling out A&M because they beat him at the game he has been the king of for years. Says he doesn't buy anyone and then a flood of players come out within the hour saying they had offers from Bama.

This is kinda my point. People thought he was crying about the transfer rule when he warned of the negative impact and said he won’t lose any starters but other schools will. Now he says we use the portal for upgrades not to fill needs and they’re bringing in guys like Williams, To’oto’o, Gibbs, Ricks and so on.

He never said A&M cheated. He said they bought their recruiting class, which I think it’s obvious they did with the collective, and that setting up a collective is something Bama will have to start doing to keep up. Which sounds like they plan on doing.

Kinda weird how personal Jimbo takes this and draws more attention to it. Jimbo also said this morning A&M did nothing illegal and he didn’t know who got what from the A&M collective which doesn’t really refute what Saban said.

This is kinda my point. People thought he was crying about the transfer rule when he warned of the negative impact and said he won’t lose any starters but other schools will. Now he says we use the portal for upgrades not to fill needs and they’re bringing in guys like Williams, To’oto’o, Gibbs, Ricks and so on.

He never said A&M cheated. He said they bought their recruiting class, which I think it’s obvious they did with the collective, and that setting up a collective is something Bama will have to start doing to keep up. Which sounds like they plan on doing.

Kinda weird how personal Jimbo takes this and draws more attention to it. Jimbo also said this morning A&M did nothing illegal and he didn’t know who got what from the A&M collective which doesn’t really refute what Saban said.

Buying recruits is illegal. Always has been including now with NIL. Saban even said in one article it’s illegal so if a bama collective starts buying recruits, he’s already admitted he’s breaking the rules. Hope they all try to cheat and it blows up in their faces.

I’m hoping a number of players come out and speak about any cheating regarding Bama or A&M or anyone to help blow this up. But I haven’t seen any of that yet. Where did you see this flood of players? Twitter?

all I know is that Fisher did one of the classiest things ever when Julian Whigham had that scary injury back in 2013 against FSU. Shafer and the rest of the team flew back to NY and Jimbo came to the hospital to visit him in Tallahassee. I know it has nothing to do with this argument, but it gives me a good excuse to side with him over phony hypocrite Saban

LOL, I love it. Let's make this as bad as it can be as quickly as possible so someone has to act and rein it in.

Sorry, Jimbo, you idiotic dissembling POS. Saban is right in this. Your gang of losers just wasted an objectively outrageous amount of money to buy a recruiting class. No pressure, right? Better do something with that gaggle of gold-plated teenagers, or else your shareholders will be VERY ANGRY with you.
Let them all rat on each other for revenge. Let it out guys!

Buying recruits is illegal. Always has been including now with NIL. Saban even said in one article it’s illegal so if a bama collective starts buying recruits, he’s already admitted he’s breaking the rules. Hope they all try to cheat and it blows up in their faces.

Collectives are the work around that A&M figured out before everyone else. It’s not the school and is legal so no cheating is involved.

Collectives are the work around that A&M figured out before everyone else. It’s not the school and is legal so no cheating is involved.

He is wrong. Boosters cannot buy recruits. A booster is considered part of the school. Very ncaa policy’s says so. I’ve gotten many of those warnings over the years with my season tix. It’s nothing new so I don’t know what mandel is talking about. The only way it could work is if these people in these collectives aren’t considered boosters because they never have a penny to the university, had season tix, etc. If they weren’t boosters I don’t know why they’d pay a recruit in the first place.

He is wrong. Boosters cannot buy recruits. A booster is considered part of the school. Very ncaa policy’s says so. I’ve gotten many of those warnings over the years with my season tix. It’s nothing new so I don’t know what mandel is talking about. The only way it could work is if these people in these collectives aren’t considered boosters because they never have a penny to the university, had season tix, etc. If they weren’t boosters I don’t know why they’d pay a recruit in the first place.
Probably qualify as a "life coach" who is "giving advice" and not a booster in some fine print loophole type of way

Do you really believe that you’re right about these collectives and a growing number of P5 compliance teams and people who cover/work in the sport for a living are all wrong about how they can be used?

They aren’t a secret and even have websites set up for those who want to donate.

What if the "Collective" is a Limited Liability Company? That has done none of the acts you mention; then wouldn't be a "booster." I have a LLC in California; costs me $800 a year, that's all.

Do you really believe that you’re right about these collectives and a growing number of P5 compliance teams and people who cover/work in the sport for a living are all wrong about how they can be used?

They aren’t a secret and even have websites set up for those who want to donate.

Yes.

And those sites are supposed to be set up for nil to current student athletes. Inducements to a recruit to attend a school has been and still is illegal. That’s why the ncaa is threatening (hollow) to investigate the egregious ones.

The collective is breaking the rules, not the coach. Nothing will come of this except to expedite the split

The collective is breaking the rules, not the coach. Nothing will come of this except to expedite the split

The coach personally no (although they have to be stupid not to know, how does a booster know who to pay?). But since boosters are considered representatives of the school, the school is guilty.

From one of a zillion articles.

“The one-year mark of the implementation of NIL is approaching, and it's certainly had its ups and downs.

The celebrated change to college athletics were clarified to schools Monday, as boosters (and shell companies acting in the interest of boosters) were prohibited from having contact from incoming college athletes or their families.

While not a change in and of itself -- boosters were never allowed to contact new players -- it is a needed clarification as boosters acted as companies to goad perspective student athletes into signing contracts contingent upon them playing for their school.

These companies, called collectives, were effectively crowd-sourcing funds from players and fans in order to entice players to their schools.

Not sure why anyone would be mad about this. It's just more in the open then the car dealers and lawyers in the south paying the high school kids. We had no chance then and now we kinda do if we wanna step into the jungle.

I’m hoping a number of players come out and speak about any cheating regarding Bama or A&M or anyone to help blow this up. But I haven’t seen any of that yet. Where did you see this flood of players? Twitter?
Saw Sua Cravens mention something about nfl practice guys complaining about making less money after leaving Bama. Evan Stewart one of the 5" A&M recruits insinuating he had an offer from Saban/Bama and Jacoby Matthews specifically calling out Pete Golding for trying to buy him. I'm sure there are more but saw those within minutes of the presser.

Addison leaves Pitt for USC via transfer...reportedly NIL deal of $3.5 million. The poor kid might have to take a pay cut going to NFL. Can he opt out of NFL draft to stay in college in 2023?

Now Jimbo and Nick are involved in a cage match. This will be fun.

College football will be severely damaged if they don't somehow fix this model. You are going to lose huge swaths of national TV viewers. Who will watch in Northeast? Why watch? For what reason?...nobody can compete vs this money...You have no chance. The Mid Atlantic? The West?...outside of USC? Parts of the South not named Georgia, Florida, Alabama??. Once again, why watch? So you can see your college FB team play the role of Washington Generals to Texas A& M or Alabama? Heck, the Washington Generals would have a better shot vs the Harlem Globetrotters. Fans will lose interest fast and find other things to occupy their time.

I'm already losing some interest...at least nationally.

Yes, the networks will pay billions of $$ as sports are really the last vestige of live TV advertising. But will advertisers want to comply when they see abysmal TV ratings?...and the TV ratings in CFB aren't very good as it is. The NFL is king... has very good ratings...not so much college FB.

My guess is this sport has about two years to fix this mess. After that...its too late for college FB. Leaf raking will become popular nationally again. On Saturday that is...

Last edited:
If Saban is crying about it I like it.

I mean its not like the kids are getting a cent of these massive TV deals. Who cares where the $$$ comes from.

These are 18/19 year old kids all of whom have been star athletes since they were little there isn't that much difference between the big money NIL guys and the next rung down the NFL draft hardly reflects the top 300 HS rankings. Hoops is different only 8-9 guys play on each team thats 2 per class per school that you need to NIL.

I also don't know where Syracuse stands in the CBB hierarchy anymore our coach gutted the roster for his kids and this year doesn't look good and we could truly screw up the transition and turn into Nebraska football. Its hard to comment on these changes with regard to that sport.

Screenshot_20220519-221705_TweetCaster.jpg

I think the whole thing is a ploy by Saban to get Bama's boosters to start ponying up the NIL $ to Bama players and recruits. He's basically saying to his boosters indirectly in all this, "If you don’t start giving players more money, we're going to lose to teams like A&M who are paying more." The man is smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom