NIT | Syracusefan.com

NIT

newmexicuse

All Conference
Why would we not go to try and get a couple of wins to extend the streak ??

especially now that we seem to be playing better.

not going unravels 50 years of success without a fight that can never be recreated.

Outside of Symir and Frank who does it benefit? I would say that if Buddy, Cole and Jimmy want to chase an NIT title then so be it. Otherwise I don't see it. Plus we probably wouldn't even get a home game for the boys in the Dome

Why would we not go to try and get a couple of wins to extend the streak ??

especially now that we seem to be playing better.

not going unravels 50 years of success without a fight that can never be recreated.

No team with a losing record has ever made the bracket.

Oh man, it's going to be a nerve-wracking NIT selection show!
not-really.gif

Probably because we won’t be invited
NIT Selection Rules do not require that a team be over .500.

Its criteria is "best available team", and after our ACC performance it is certainly arguable that after the 68 NCAA teams that we belong amongst the next 32. That is not to mention that money talks, and we can provide attendance better than almost any other school, particularly if we got a home game.

I think the only way we dont get an invite is if we indicate ahead of time that we would not accept.

I can see many reasons not to go, but personally, I would like to see these guys have a chance to not be the team that couldn't keep the streak going.

Its criteria is "best available team", and after our ACC performance it is certainly arguable that after the 68 NCAA teams that we belong amongst the next 32. That is not to mention that money talks, and we can provide attendance better than almost any other school, particularly if we got a home game.

I think the only way we dont get an invite is if we indicate ahead of time that we would not accept.

I can see many reasons not to go, but personally, I would like to see these guys have a chance to not be the team that couldn't keep the streak going.
There are limited at-large slots available, and SU is nowhere near the front of the line.

How depressing is this? Typically a bad year meant a bubble watch. This year, no chance of even making the NIT.

Shows how bad this program has fallen.

For the "old timers", has the program been in worse shape in the last 30, 40 or 50 years?

I posted this on the CBI thread, which is where to discuss whether we should accept a bid or not, because they would certainly take us.

But the NIT will not. Below are 3 resumes.

#1 and #2 are the teams that are about the last teams in on current NIT projections. #3 is Syracuse. There is a large gap between all the teams -- look at the Q1 wins and Q3 losses

And teams #1 and #2 will most likely be forced out the NIT because of the rules of allowing regular season champions that lose the conference tournament in one bid leagues -- a few of those are still to come.

#1 Drake
1647014836992.png

#2 Mississippi St
1647014914975.png

#3 Syracuse
1647014958739.png

Last edited:

We most likely wouldn’t get an invite. Our record isn’t good enough. But our efficiency numbers have been solid. Bart Torvik has us at 55, which puts us in the same area as other tourney contending teams like Seton Hall, USC, Marquette, SMU, Texas A&M, Miami, Florida, Creighton, etc. We’re a bit lower in KenPom.

How depressing is this? Typically a bad year meant a bubble watch. This year, no chance of even making the NIT.

Shows how bad this program has fallen.

For the "old timers", has the program been in worse shape in the last 30, 40 or 50 years?
Well, no. But we haven't hit the spot where it can't be reversed quickly. Not yet, anyway.

We have a losing record in a weak ACC. I would be shocked if we were to make it. Pathetic that is what we are even disscussing

I 100% believe we will get an NIT invite and we will absolutely play in any tournament we’re invited to play in

I 100% believe we will get an NIT invite and we will absolutely play in any tournament we’re invited to play in

I 100% believe I will get a date with Kate Upton, and absolutely will go on any date she invites me on.

And I think my chances with Kate are waaaaay better than Cuse getting into the NIT.

Losing record.
0-10 vs quad 1.
We literally beat nobody of consequence.

Even the (unfairly) much maligned Gillon/Uncle Drew squad had THREE Top 10 wins!!

It would be an epic snub to whichever team got bounced, to allow such an atrociously bad Syracuse team into the tournament.

With the NCAA now owning the NIT it's not wise to decline an invite. Back in the old days when they were separate entities I do remember teams refusing bids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom