Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy to be here.
eddie-murphy-coming-to-america.jpg

I am very disappointed I was not able to bump this thread first after the game due to my aforementioned drive down the 5 from the football board...

but...

The new definition of shakey after 12 games;

3pt FGM : 41 3pt FGA : 82 3pt% : 50

I will take my shakey potatoes white hot thank you.

IB, can you please admit you kinda sorta mifired here so we can lock and delete this thread. Otherwise, it's gonna be bumped ever game day until 2017.

Please for the love of God Jake NO LOCK or DELETE on this one. I mean there good stuff (and many tee's) in here and a game by game counts. I like that he is half way past the 80 made goal.

Shakey Potatoes is shaping up the be the best 3 point FG shoot EVER for Syracuse. No way, can this get locked, he would start missing, and it would be the admins fault, amirite?

If this thread gets bumped a lot(due to the nature of sadistic posters on here) it should mean the 'Cuse is doing very well...hence an argument for tolerance, I suppose. In his defense, IB hasnt said much when Cooney has been absent stats-wise in games since this thread went viral. It seems a little one sided, and young Trevor is helping with that, though he can not be held responsible for all of the consequences of his actions.

If IB has to make some sort of formal apology where he calls himself(or possibly things like his choice in beers or sexual preferences[yeah, i cant figure out why people always limit that term to the singular "preference". i cant be the only one with many preferences, can I?]) wrong in order for the thread to be locked, it could set a dangerous precedent where people will be afraid to step away from the herd when authoring a new thread and sadists will apparently be receiving the support of the establishment, until some sort of deal is brokered that includes a formal show of contrition, like in the lewinsky distraction(misdirection). I think such a scenario could cast dark overtones based on both merit and procedure. I realize I may be a lone voice high in the rugged Rockies(no, not that way either. haven't even gotten around to drinking the last 2 days) whose body has adapted to less oxygen like a world class athlete, but I hope that this will resonate with some and the pleas of Rodney King will not be forgotten, and that all 'Cuse fans can all just get along. Whatever goes down, I aint gonna be the Reginald Denny in this version!

0d472f2-3.cached.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible karma if this thread gets locked or deleted. IB even said on like page 3 of the thread that he's flattered with the responses. This thread has Final Four mojo written all over it. Has to stay

Epic Captain.

Barrel,bumping this thread is in no way is this ever meant to insult or disrespect. You are an Orange fan, I even shared some of the skepticism. I was just more optimistic in a favorable outcome, one which is so far been exceeded, but the jury is obviously still out. But I like the trend. Shakey Potatoes was a novel phrase to question ability, but has since been flipped in meaning.

So this thread HAS TO stay alive. You should actually wear the birthing of thread as a badge of awesomeness. Because that is what it is. Perhaps in multiverse theory if you don't write this motivational post, TC would be 8 of 51 and Syracuse an unranked 8-5 right now?

I got stranded at Hancock when my flight was grounded due to mechanical issues. They cabbed me to Ithaca with some kid who told me I "look(ed) down to party" to catch a flight the next morning.

The reverse of that happened to me last Wednesday. Mechanical issue in Ithaca. cabbed to Hancock at 3 am for 5:30 flight. Didn't have as cool a cab buddy, though. Instead, this kid thought it was a good idea to cook breakfast and do his taxes or some shite while me and the cabby waited outside for him for 30 minutes. Barely made my flight.

Last edited:
The reverse of that happened to me last Wednesday. Mechanical issue in Ithaca. cabbed to Hancock at 3 am for 5:30 flight. Didn't have as cool a cab buddy, though. Instead, this kid thought it was a good idea to cook breakfast and do his taxes or some while me and the cabby waited outside for him for 30 minutes. Barely made my flight.

It's good to see we can somewhat have empathy my man! ...and look what your post inspired in the post after it! I mean I'd like to assume a small portion of credit, but I might get bad karma if I tried! Heaven knows Ive had strange luck in my life. Last Christmas(one year after the hancock/ithaca one) out of hancock my flight had to return for whatever reason. well i had barely missed it anyhow, because the gate was the first on the right and out of numerical order from all the rest and i was baely gonna make it(ride drove what they thought would be good enough speed, due to inclement weather ...not that it mattered. When I thought I had redemption once I figured out who this new line of people was, it turned out jetblue only had like NY and not the connections after it that would take me west the til the next day...nor did they offer me a hotel in NYC/anywhere...but i went there anyhow... met someone else who seemed to be cool, slept there then caught my connecting flight to boston(opposite direction of Denver, I know)... after waiting all day gazing at beautiful bostonians and visitors I got drunk watching SYRACUSE demolish WVU in the pinstripe bowl...then got cut off after loudly cheering for the Orange and telling folks what I was legally going to do to celebrate when I got home...

so after that I relaxed in there and ambled to my gate with a buddy I had met in said bar. We hear flight is delayed, buddy asks if there is time for 1 last drink, attendant tries to discourage it, captain fresh off arrival says sure. Turns out the only place that was still opened was the one I was banned from. So dude from Boulder goes in and gets a stiff drink while I wait, then we quickly return. Attendant then tells me I am BANNED(now you see why I have a phobia of being banned on here) from flight, even though I was the one who didnt have another drink(the other guy started to get angry when i told the attendant that) and was very quiet and respectful anywhere near that gate(and in general other than during the game!!!). The only reasonable excuse I could get were that my pupils were dilated. I called for a manager immediately. The only answer from him was to click some link on the jetblue website. Man, I used to like them, but spending TWO nights in a row in airports was not fun. This Christmas my family felt my pain and told me I may as well stay here instead of coming back to CNY. I did and was able to drink without recourse, but it was not the same. Who knows, with my worsening luck the plane may have crashed and by staying here I may have saved many lives.

Im kinda drunk now and dont expect everyone to believe me, but that is how it happened. I got a credit of $100 i think(never used it) for the first screw up on their part, but nothing for the 2nd night sleeping in the airport. Im not bitter anymore, but I sure was for awhile. Im not mad at the company, but at the one employee who made that call. It was like the charging call on Triche. Unwarranted, and a game changer. The employee was shaky bleeping potatoes!!!! I mean I spend all day in a bleepin BOSTON airport due to their error, get semi drunk watching the Cuse win a bowl game, then get banned for another night. That there, like your cab mate, is shaky potatoes!!!! But it's all good, I still love everything involved and this thread is growing on me like a pair of shaky potatoes!(maybe because im pretty hammered now[much more so than then], so hoping I havent offended anyone other than WVU fans, bostonians, or the one airline attendant who wouldnt remember me). I wish i could have told him he was shaky potatoes after I was already banned, but the term as we know it was not in use yet! :( Anyhow, I probably sound like the board badass by now, but I never even got detention in high school. Life can have stretches of shaky potatoes. It's good to have utensils and cooking equipment on hand when it does. Condiments don't hurt either. I seriously want to find the attendant again, forgive him as Ive been taught, but then tell him the world has enough shaky potatoes with his! bleep uconn and UNC though. Man am I hammered. I need to find a chick or something so i wont be tempted to celebrate as much :) seriously though, bleep UNC!! Theyre probably UNCooney.

Last edited:
Last Christmas(one year after the hancock/ithaca one) out of hancock my flight had to return for whatever reason. well i had barely missed it anyhow, because the gate was the first on the right and out of numerical order from all the rest and i was baely gonna make it(ride drove what they thought would be good enough speed, due to inclement weather ...not that it mattered.

lol I did this too. god knows why gate 26 is on the right before gate 20 on your left. still don't know where in the 'ell gate 27 was. ended up going up to the desk at 25 and asking if i took a wrong turn somewhere. Just made last call

It probably deserves its own post but if Cooney played like this last year I wonder how much he could have changed that team.

Our offensive weakness has been center this year, preseason alot of people including myslef had it chalked up as sg until proven. I would love to see Rak or DC2 and Gbinije each have a few 10 point games early in acc play. I wonder if JB will attempt that road or just continue to run the whole offense through our big 4 throughout the entire season, I wouldn't blame him if he does they have the potential to possibly become our best 4 man scoring tandem ever.

Since this is on the first page again after a 2-12. so a whopping 16.7% in conference play : (

Updated totals 45 made on 98 attempts is 46%

If I recall correctly, GMac had very bad shooting against Miami too. I think he was 1-10 in the game down there in '04

Since this is on the first page again after a 2-12. so a whopping 16.7% in conference play : (

Updated totals 45 made on 98 attempts is 46%

If I recall correctly, GMac had very bad shooting against Miami too. I think he was 1-10 in the game down there in '04

If legend is correct Gerry was frozen out on that one.

he did. And miami might be from pg to C the tallest team we play in the ACC. Give Jim L a week to prepare and he will give you a game. Trevor should be fine. He was unfortunately due for a bad shooting game eventually.

he did. And miami might be from pg to C the tallest team we play in the ACC. Give Jim L a week to prepare and he will give you a game. Trevor should be fine. He was unfortunately due for a bad shooting game eventually.
Have you seen Florida st? They are quite big.

Everyone should cut Trevor some slack. He wasn't the only one who had an off game. Be thankful we won and we can learn from this and move forward. Washington gave Zona fits today as well. JB shows them the tape and tweeks a few things to keep it from happening again. To have a game like that and come away with a "W" is just outstanding.

But this Miami team was ranked something like 220th in terms of 3P FG% defense. Cooney missed shots he has been making. No excuses. Should have easily been at worse 4-12 today, if not better. I think he was pressing too much, knowing he's our only good 3 pt shooter. Next game will be a good measurement stick to see if this was truly just a 1 game thing or will this continue in conference. VT ranks 67th in 3P FG% defense.

Cheers,
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online