Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.
cooney is in the first round and moving higher. don't know what u put in ur barrel in Ithaca?

Bump for this nutty thread. Cooney ripping it. Maybe shaky potatoes is similar to "phony like Michael Jordan"? Urban dictionary and internet slang database, useless again.
hqdefault.jpg

man that trevor cooney is so phoney!

I might have been wrong:

"He was 6 made 3 PT FG from being a 33% shooter from 3. That includes a 4-19 start to the season. His form, FT% and pedigree tell you he can shoot. Without being fearful of being yanked for missing 2 in a row, I think he will hit between 36-39% from 3 this year. Would not surprise me if it was over 40%."

Too low,

Look, we know Cooney will have an 0-8 night against someone. I hope not many of them. He will probably drop off to 40-45%. Hopefully not below. He is currently 31-64 against some decent competition. If that is extrapolated to 36 games (which I really hope is a few games low) that is 124 made on 376 attempts. That would be 13th ALL TIME IN THE NCAA for made 3 point field goals in a season. All-time. G-Mac made 107 as a Junior. Routins 102 as a Junior. No one else made 100. IF he keeps up this pace, he would be 14th in the Syracuse ALL-TIME list for made 3-point FG in a CAREER as a sophomore. Our list is depressing by % anyway.

http://www.orangehoops.org/Syracuse Top 100 3Pts.htm

I just think the gravity of shaky potatoes' current pace needs to be addressed.

And yes, I am bumping this thread all freaking year.

Look, we know Cooney will have an 0-8 night against someone. I hope not many of them. He will probably drop off to 40-45%. Hopefully not below. He is currently 31-64 against some decent competition. If that is extrapolated to 36 games (which I really hope is a few games low) that is 124 made on 376 attempts. That would be 13th ALL TIME IN THE NCAA for made 3 point field goals in a season. All-time. G-Mac made 107 as a Junior. Routins 102 as a Junior. No one else made 100. IF he keeps up this pace, he would be 14th in the Syracuse ALL-TIME list for made 3-point FG in a CAREER as a sophomore. Our list is depressing by % anyway.

http://www.orangehoops.org/Syracuse Top 100 3Pts.htm

I just think the gravity of shaky potatoes' current pace needs to be addressed.

And yes, I am bumping this thread all freaking year.

Cooney's pace for made 3s has been pretty mindblowing so far. I really hope it doesn't fall off too dramatically once we get into ACC play. It sure doesn't seem like it will. I can't help but have an ear-to-ear grin when I think that we will probably have the luxury of Cooney's services for another two seasons after this one.

Ahem

36-73

5 games with 5 threes.

In his last 7 games. Don't forget his first game with 7 threes. That's 6 games out of 11 with 5 threes or more. Our best 3pt shooter last year, Southy in OOC, had one game with 9, 1 game with 5, two more with 4, and 1 with 3. The other 8 games he had either 1 or zero. For all 13 OOC games he went 28-65 (43%).

Now I'm not saying Southy's role is the same as TC's, since James was coming off the bench. But since he was our best three point shooter last year, he's the only one really to compare TC with from last year's squad which also had a quality assist point guard.

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited:
I'd like to think that we can point Cooney success towards me. Obviously he saw my thread during the beginning of the year and used it as further motivation. Look now, he's almost shooting 50%!

You're so welcome,

Another fan made a fool by Cooney.

cooney is in the first round and moving higher. don't know what u put in ur barrel in Ithaca?

I got stranded at Hancock when my flight was grounded due to mechanical issues. They cabbed me to Ithaca with some kid who told me I "look(ed) down to party" to catch a flight the next morning. After asking him which bar he wanted to go to and finding out he was only 20, I realized he had something else in mind lol. Through his tenacity, we found out that the barrel fodder in Ithaca is nothing to sneeze at, although there were some shaky moments being the students were away for holiday break and our options were limited and sketchy. After an angst-ridden success, we did later return to some sort of "hippie" type of shop on some street mall where he knew a woman from some music festival, and utilized their basement to "talk story" and share his plunder. Turns out she and her husband were the subject of some reality tv show, I forget what about.

Anyhow, the point of my post simply that some of you are sadistic. I was momentarily distracted and inspired by the cleverness of igor's subtlety. I wish he would post more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom