Notre Dame Game... | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first wave never makes the tackle for the TFL

serious question, how is he supposed to make that tackle. The only thing I didn’t like was Pierre ducking his head, proper tackling is seeing the target, but the ND kid is bending over and starting to stand up.
Exactly. Targeting doesn’t have to be head to head. If the defensive player hits the guy with the crown of his helmet, even if it’s into the players chest, it’s targeting

How do you tackle head on without slightly having your head down? So if his head were 3 inches to the right it is a great hit but because it happens to be head on it is awful?
You got it. Helmet to helmet is not a thing. If you lead with the crown of your helmet it targeting.

Some of you are ridiculous. If an SU kid got hit like that you’d be screaming bloody murder.
Probably, last I checked it’s a Syracuse board, guess we’re supposed to be biased a little

Touchdown
Onside
Touchdown
Onside
Touchdown

Get it done or I want Dino gone by tomorrow

It’s done correctly on almost every play. Do you see hits like that on every play? I can’t believe people won’t admit that was a bad hit. It was bad. He got tossed as he should have.

It is a punt return they happen. Get rid of PRs then. Going full speed in the open field it is hard to make a tackle let alone make sure your head doesn't make contact. PR and KRs are dangerous. If the intent is to protect players then get rid of them. A bang bang play that is more chance than intent shouldn't be punished.

I think depth will be a lot better and the schedule will be easier. They do need to make sure the QB and D-line positions get solidified via the Portal though.
sked is not easier, we play Liberty and Rutgers, both better teams than SYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors