O'Brien To Texans Finalized | Syracusefan.com

O'Brien To Texans Finalized

falling_dominoes.jpg

Holley- "but he promised me he was staying..."
Terrell Hunt and staff, get on the phone now.
They need to explain to this kid that Florida is a sinking ship in the SEC, and MusChump wont be there much longer.

Penn State is gonna have a tough time attracting a quality experienced coach, IMHO.

Joyner is only the AD because Ped State hasn't found anyone willing to be university President for CLOSE TO TWO YEARS NOW.

Is Franklin, who could have his choice of jobs, gonna want to place his fate in the hands of a lame-duck AD?

I dunno, but it's something that would give me pause. (Well, not me, I'd take their millions in a heartbeat, then screw 'em like O'Brien did.)

Holley- "but he promised me he was staying..."
Terrell Hunt and staff, get on the phone now.
They need to explain to this kid that Florida is a sinking ship in the SEC, and MusChump wont be there much longer.
I dunno. Duke's OC is on his way to Gainesville after the bowl game tonight.

Bruce Feldman is saying James Franklin. That's the absolute last person I want there. Makes the most sense though

That's not what he said. Here's the tweet:

"I think if #PennState wants James Franklin (17-8 last 2 yrs at Vandy) #NittanyLions may need to move fast to get him."

Which is what Dave Jones said in the Harrisburg Patriot News the day before (he was suggesting what might happen if O'Brien left).

Franklin's name has been mentioned for a couple of the possible NFL jobs. I wouldn't be in a hurry, if I were him.

Until Larry Johnson Sr leaves PSU, Holley is solid. LJ Sr is a snake oil salesman.

Bob Flounders of the Harrisburg Patriot News raises a real important question:

"One other thing I'm wondering about: The O'Brien-to-the-NFL rumors had been circulating for a few weeks and there was no public statement issued by PSU athletic director Dave Joyner prior to his departure.

Is Joyner, who is considered a short-timer at the AD position, picking the next coach? Will the Lions turn to a search committee? Who at Penn State is taking the lead in the coaching search?"

I'll add a question of my own: "Does anybody at Penn State know who is taking the lead in the the coaching search?" Remember, they still have a fill-in president. Oh, and a Board of Trustees at war with each other.

Bob Flounders of the Harrisburg Patriot News raises a real important question:

"One other thing I'm wondering about: The O'Brien-to-the-NFL rumors had been circulating for a few weeks and there was no public statement issued by PSU athletic director Dave Joyner prior to his departure.

Is Joyner, who is considered a short-timer at the AD position, picking the next coach? Will the Lions turn to a search committee? Who at Penn State is taking the lead in the coaching search?"

I'll add a question of my own: "Does anybody at Penn State know who is taking the lead in the the coaching search?" Remember, they still have a fill-in president. Oh, and a Board of Trustees at war with each other.

yep this is going to be a whole lot of fun. BWI is a real fun read right now.

Just as long as it's not James Franklin or Scott Shafer I am ecstatic

Ok how does this affect recruiting. (Holley is gone probaley to UF)

Ok how does this affect recruiting. (Holley is gone probaley to UF)
I thought Holley was PSU or OSU? Ok I don't follow recruiting that much so... All I know is he ain't coming here. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom