OC Rumors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

Probably not gonna be anytime soon.
Just looking at the DC fire and hire timeline. Dino gets in no hurry. As long as it’s a home run hire he can take as long as he needs. Just worry about recruiting with no OC or QB coach.

Nov 3 Brian Ward Fired
Jan 11 Zach Arnett Hired
Jan 22 Zach Arnett Leaves
Feb 5 Tony White Hired

Different world this time around in the #poundtheportal era.

But I wonder if those timelines align with the AFCA Convention, which is Jan 9-11 in 2022.

Different world this time around in the #poundtheportal era.

But I wonder if those timelines align with the AFCA Convention, which is Jan 9-11 in 2022.

And/or most schools play in something called a Bowl game so their seasons do not end till January. So they are still working.

Wonder if ADJW has reached out to Joe Moorhead? This northeast guy would be a great fit with his offensive scheme and recruiting.
He’s going to Akron.

Probably not gonna be anytime soon.
Just looking at the DC fire and hire timeline. Dino gets in no hurry. As long as it’s a home run hire he can take as long as he needs. Just worry about recruiting with no OC or QB coach.

Nov 3 Brian Ward Fired
Jan 11 Zach Arnett Hired
Jan 22 Zach Arnett Leaves
Feb 5 Tony White Hired

I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Dino going into his last licks season means it's not going home run hire.

I didn't want to say anything yet, but they have reached out to me.
And just a heads up, I have an interesting offensive policy.

Up the gut
Up the gut
Up the gut
Punt
oh, so the same offense... ;)
You guys should bring back the old Martin and Lewis comedy team type days. This is side splitting stuff.

You guys should bring back the old Martin and Lewis comedy team type days. This is side splitting stuff.
Yes, their killing me, inside where it counts !

if it's Sowder, the earliest we would hear anything is after the Kent State game tomorrow. MAC title on the line for them, kind of a big thing for a school with their football history.

I think we need to come to grips with the fact that Dino going into his last licks season means it's not going home run hire.
He’s going to have a fun time trying to convince someone to leave their home(assuming its a guy currently employed) to move up to New York for maybe one season.
So you are probably correct in saying it will not be a home run hire because why would anyone worth their salt put themselves in that situation.

Man this is really depressing when you start thinking about the predicament we are in.

Yeah who’d want to come coach a RB to the Heisman?
I would say his point likely outweighs your point.

If it's Sowder then nothing will change. We need to break away from the "tree". The math says that for every Sean Lewis, there is 2 Gilbert's or Lynch's

Yeah who’d want to come coach a RB to the Heisman?
It is actually a kinda interesting situation. The need, and the ask, is an OC who can develop the QB and help the passing game. But the biggest selling point for the program is a Heisman-caliber RB.

If we indeed get 18 of 22 starters back and pick up 2-3 portal transfers who start...the sky is the limit...with the sky being 8-9 wins. I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins is doable until bad news comes in.
Oh sure, that’s the fans view. I am not sure a top OC candidate will see it that way though. They may focus more on Dino’s hot seat, only one winning season out of the last 8 and a returning QB that so far has been limited in the passing game.
Hopefully we can find a match for our situation and get someone who can make the offense hum. Glass half full or half empty. We need them to see us as at least half full.

I didn't want to say anything yet, but they have reached out to me.
And just a heads up, I have an interesting offensive policy.

Up the gut
Up the gut
Up the gut
Punt
Seems like Deleone's offense back in the day. Run Run Pass, Punt

How many head coaches act as their own OC? When was Dino last an OC...Baylor? Get a good QB and ST coach, have Dino call the O and Tony White the D. This could work in my eyes unless Dino is not capable.

How many head coaches act as their own OC? When was Dino last an OC...Baylor? Get a good QB and ST coach, have Dino call the O and Tony White the D. This could work in my eyes unless Dino is not capable.
He was relieved of OC duties. Surprised:)

Who says this is Dino's last season? I just re - watched JW's last presser about the football program in which I heard some things I didn't the first time because I was kind of on the run and it has a bearing on Dino and SU FB.

John Wildhack is a smart man. He understands where we are with our FB program and where we need to be. He was looking at the personnel, (coaches), and players back in spring practice.

He is very serious in getting SU relevant in the ACC and nationally. He's had many meetings with Dino this season and talked specifics in many areas we need to improve upon talked about getting the right information from the OC down to the field, something that Sean spoke about, in an expeditious manner.

He's behind Dino and noted that Tony White was great hire and Mike Schmidt was a great hire adding "we need to fill three positions with great hires," leaving it up to Dino to complete the job of adding those positions.

He also mentioned, I would have to go back again and listen to get exactly what he said, but the jist of that part of the conference was to have a balanced offense mentioning OC / QB responsibilities to improve upon the passing game. Having a "first team All American" in our backfield we need to work on our passing offense, that it was a young team and that in the off - season starting now GS will need to work together to improve and get the added chemistry needed between a QB and his receivers. Noting, if that is accomplished we will be a difficult opponent for any team to prepare for.

He also mentioned that we did have improvement in the program mentioning White and Schmidt specifically in that regard. And, that in talking with coaches and players all have noted that Dino is someone for whom they will work very hard.

I don’t think Mink floated a candidate whimsically. I’m not saying it’s going to be Breiner, but I bet he’s getting a call.

It’d be a “no-breiner”….ok, I’ll let myself out the back door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom