OC Rumors | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

Don’t know your sources, but assume they are solid. Does it not make sense to “extend” Dino with SU favorable terms, with incentives in years and money tied to on the field success, and give the OC a 3 year deal, guaranteed, and covering expenses for moving, etc. (those may be standard)

We are def going to have to have good incentives for the hire I would assume

This was clear to a lot of people but not John Wildhack.
Instead we need alums to open their pocket books.

Our OC expectations are so low nobody can really upset me.
We aren’t going to get anyone really appealing for the reasons you listed.
It’s going to be a guy looking for a paycheck.
it makes zero sense to change O systems with no commitment past next season. if next year is 6 Ws or bust then Dino should be his own OC. Why make changes that won't be realized until 2023?

We have a spare room. I’ll let an OC stay here for free for the year if it helps close the deal.

it makes zero sense to change O systems with no commitment past next season. if next year is 6 Ws or bust then Dino should be his own OC. Why make changes that won't be realized until 2023?
Wildhack owns this.

He didn’t want to fire Dino. He said it wasn’t financial.
I already said I am not renewing season tickets next year(I will comeback but not next year). My money will go to academics.
If Wildhack wants to keep this coach and we go 4-8 next year I have absolutely no confidence 1. He will fire Dino 2. He will actually get a good HC replacement. I expect he will just hire White and continue this crap.

A lot of people were happy with Wildhack PC Monday I was Thoroughly unimpressed.

Last edited:
Wildhack owns this.

I already said I am not renewing season tickets next year. My money will go to academics.
If Wildhack wants to keep this coach and we go 4-8 next year I have absolutely no confidence 1. He will fire Dino 2. He will actually get a good HC replacement. I expect he will just hire White and continue this crap.

A lot of people were happy with Wildhack PC Monday I was Thoroughly unimpressed.
Wildhack owns it no matter what. He’s clearly doing what he thinks is best. That you disagree does not make it wrong.

I think the worry over finding someone capable as OC is overblown. Dino has been in the business for a long time. Someone who knows the job and knows how these things go can live in a posh apartment for a year. The chance to coach the best running game in the ACC isn’t nothing.

Milk is tipsy, not spilt and it’s not worth crying over

If our decisions for the football program as based on football and not $$, if I trust what Wildhack says, then in a lot of cases $$ can help to solve things. So yes with Dino’s track record, hot seat, rumors, whatever, if we’re willing to pay up to compensate those concerns, then that should help equalize things, if I take Wildhack for his word that they’re making decisions based on football and not $$.

I already said I am not renewing season tickets next year(I will comeback but not next year). My money will go to academics.

My assumption is that you’re not alone.

And the problem is that it’s going to create a bigger hole than the one we need to dig out of.

Oh well, maybe we’ll catch a break or two on the field, or recruiting, or with available staff hires. God knows we deserve some.

Wildhack owns this.

If he had fired Dino we could have hired Joe Moorhead who i believe is perfect for SU as a head coach who would stay here for a very long time.
Now we are stuck with Dino who will most likely get fired next year and we miss out on a great coach great fit.
At this point im hoping that if Dino doesnt pull a Pineapple out of his hat next year that coach White is elevated and we hire a young gun OC. Sucks we missed out on Joe

If he had fired Dino we could have hired Joe Moorhead who i believe is perfect for SU as a head coach who would stay here for a very long time.
Now we are stuck with Dino who will most likely get fired next year and we miss out on a great coach great fit.
At this point im hoping that if Dino doesnt pull a Pineapple out of his hat next year that coach White is elevated and we hire a young gun OC. Sucks we missed out on Joe

How did we lose out on Moorhead? Heck by waiting a year Leipold is back in play too.

Kevin Kelly, HC at Presbyterian, stepped down to pursue other football interests. He rarely punts.

Maybe we should blame going 4-8 in 2016 and 2017 on Sean Lewis. When Kent State loses, it is a blow out. When they win it is close. Kinda like those seasons for us. He leaves SU and we go 10-3. Hmmm.

I actually believe people canceling their season tix for football because of not firing Dino or the AD presser/decision making will be almost zero.

Well, his reasons may be unique. But people cancelling season tickets or buying less individual game tickets wouldn’t surprise me. I think that’s based on a lack of hope that we’ll field a good team.

Well, his reasons may be unique. But people cancelling season tickets or buying less individual game tickets wouldn’t surprise me. I think that’s based on a lack of hope that we’ll field a good team.
There wasn't much buzz this year, I bet retention will be pretty similar. If they can do some community outreach, get people excited with some events, good coaching hires, good spring ball, covid protocols different, who know it may even be better than this year.

Maybe we should blame going 4-8 in 2016 and 2017 on Sean Lewis. When Kent State loses, it is a blow out. When they win it is close. Kinda like those seasons for us. He leaves SU and we go 10-3. Hmmm.
We had good enough offense even when Eric couldn't play, but when you give up 72 points and score 61 it isn't the offenses fault.

Lol the sky’s already fallen man. Im probably one of the biggest optimists here. You talk me into thinking this isn’t mount everest infront of Dino (he put himself there) and the next dome foams on me.
Barring some portal disaster, should be the best team we put on the field since 18. Is f your assuming Tucker and a few others are gone then yea it’s not great.

Notre Dame fans are going to purchase Syracuse season tickets next year. Our AD will raise prices so they can take advantage of that.
We won’t have good crowds until their is hope.

Wildhack is going to use ND as a home game to make money but people will cancel their tickets because of the direction of the program.

Barring some portal disaster, should be the best team we put on the field since 18. Is f your assuming Tucker and a few others are gone then yea it’s not great.
We have a lot of talent, I agree. The schedule is brutal though and I don’t believe theres much incentive for a quality OC to come in. We need to get lucky.

Our depth is thin across various position groups. We need to close out this incoming class strong and outpace the p5 in the portal.

A lot needs to go right. A lot.

We literally don’t have a DL returning. It was all super seniors this year. We might be losing our best LB in Mikel Jones.
We might be losing our best CB in Garrett Williams if he declares.

Our defense is nowhere near the 2018 level.
Never mind our passing offense is pure adulterated garbage. We do have an all conference tailback.

But yeah Mrs. Lincoln it should be our best team since 2018.

We have a lot of talent, I agree. The schedule is brutal though and I don’t believe theres much incentive for a quality OC to come in. We need to get lucky.

Our depth is thin across various position groups. We need to close out this incoming class strong and outpace the p5 in the portal.

A lot needs to go right. A lot.
Out of 14 ACC teams where does our talent rank?
I would say 12th-14th.

We aren’t super talented. If we are then I am not seeing it.
We have some players who can play but not Middle to top of the conference talent anywhere except RB, a couple of LBs and DB.

Things not to look forward to for the 2022 Syracuse University Football program. The Schedule, continued lack of depth, continued injuries contributing to the lack of depth, lack of player development, inadequate recruiting, bad in game coaching, lack of a vertical passing game, the tight end listed as a missing person, continued offensive line shuffling that leads to bad pass protection, the lack of a real center, receivers who can't beat press coverage and on the rare ocassion that they do, they drop the pass of it lands five feet in front of them. The entire defensive line graduated, the secondary is shaky and we have no field goal kicker and a shaky punting duo. Things to look forward too, Sean Tucker hopefully. After the last three years, it's really tough to get at all excited that this program is headed in the right direction. I sure as heck hope I am proved wrong because I am sick and tired of hearing wait until next year, it will be better. It never is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom