OC Rumors | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

who says its 1 yr deal either. Maybe Dino said I can do this but you need to give someone a 2 yr deal to get them to jump here. we are not talking big money . if it was me I would fund it myself if i was Dino cause Im gonna get a buy out if I dont stay 2 more yrs and If I do Im gonna get a new contract where it wouldnt cost me anything. if you think someone can help fix this thing do it

I don’t think Mink floated a candidate whimsically. I’m not saying it’s going to be Breiner, but I bet he’s getting a call.

It’d be a “no-breiner”….ok, I’ll let myself out the back door.
Why would he be getting a call? FIU was 1-11 this year and only averaged 20 PPG. 48 of which were scored against the Long Island University Sharks...

Who says this is Dino's last season? I just re - watched JW's last presser about the football program in which I heard some things I didn't the first time because I was kind of on the run and it has a bearing on Dino and SU FB.

John Wildhack is a smart man. He understands where we are with our FB program and where we need to be. He was looking at the personnel, (coaches), and players back in spring practice.

He is very serious in getting SU relevant in the ACC and nationally. He's had many meetings with Dino this season and talked specifics in many areas we need to improve upon talked about getting the right information from the OC down to the field, something that Sean spoke about, in an expeditious manner.

He's behind Dino and noted that Tony White was great hire and Mike Schmidt was a great hire adding "we need to fill three positions with great hires," leaving it up to Dino to complete the job of adding those positions.

He also mentioned, I would have to go back again and listen to get exactly what he said, but the jist of that part of the conference was to have a balanced offense mentioning OC / QB responsibilities to improve upon the passing game. Having a "first team All American" in our backfield we need to work on our passing offense, that it was a young team and that in the off - season starting now GS will need to work together to improve and get the added chemistry needed between a QB and his receivers. Noting, if that is accomplished we will be a difficult opponent for any team to prepare for.

He also mentioned that we did have improvement in the program mentioning White and Schmidt specifically in that regard. And, that in talking with coaches and players all have noted that Dino is someone for whom they will work very hard.

Hope springs eternal.

That said, Dino wil have his hardest year next year on all fronts because of all the challenges we've discussed ad nauseum.

Why do I think it will be his last season?

Because he's been here 6 years and if he hasn't put together already, he certainly won't next year.

That's why.

Would love to be wrong, of course. Dino is a very likeable guy.

Why would he be getting a call? FIU was 1-11 this year and only averaged 20 PPG. 48 of which were scored against the Long Island University Sharks...

This is why we may struggle to hire anyone. We don't want a guy who couldn't fix an offense in his first year. Our fanbase will hate him.

Anyone who knows what they're doing, will know this passing offense isn't going to be fixed in a year. And if it's not fixed in a year, then there won't be a 2nd year.

We need an older gentleman like Cutcliffe or Anae who just wants to work another year, doesn't really need it to build the resume.

This is why we may struggle to hire anyone. We don't want a guy who couldn't fix an offense in his first year. Our fanbase will hate him.

Anyone who knows what they're doing, will know this passing offense isn't going to be fixed in a year. And if it's not fixed in a year, then there won't be a 2nd year.

We need an older gentleman like Cutcliffe or Anae who just wants to work another year, doesn't really need it to build the resume.
To me Cutcliffe is the best solution if he were interested.

Look at Louisville. Bringing in Randy Shannon to coach DL. A former P5 coach to do position coaching. Guy will kill it recruiting for them.

If we were serious we'd bring in Cutcliffe as QB coach / passing game coordinator, Dan Mullen OC /TE, and Ed O on DL / ST

June Jones. Max 8 carries a game for Tucker and 60 throws by Shrader.
Tucker would quickly be in the portal. June Jones an advocate of the "run and shoot" 75% pass offense difficult for the QB as the receivers can go wherever they want.

Tucker would quickly be in the portal. June Jones an advocate of the "run and shoot" 75% pass offense difficult for the QB as the receivers can go wherever they want.
Like to Kentucky?

June Jones. Max 8 carries a game for Tucker and 60 throws by Shrader.
Some Western Kentucky info on Zach Kittley and his QB, Bailey Zappe. Kittley who we are looking at for OC/QB are playing UTSA now for the C USA championship.

One of the great young minds in the game, Kittley helped coach NFL MVP and Super Bowl Champion Patrick Mahomes for three years at Texas Tech.

Bailey Zappes 2021 stats:

2021 SEASON STATS

YDS

1st

TD
1st

INT
Tied-89th

QBR

That program was a dumpster fire all the way around - from Prez on down

Did anyone watch that Arena League last winter where the fans got to call the plays?

OttoinGrotto would just call four verts on every play.
sutomcat would have an encyclopedia memory of plays and use a specific call that worked like 4 years ago in a similar situation.
CuseLegacy would run the I Formation and boss the game, like she does this board.
Rocco would have an offense that was silent for long stretches and then come out of nowhere for huge productivity in a short burst.
Chip (Insert Tight Ends joke)
TexanMark I don't know what the offense would look like, but he would definitely have a plan to get to the end zone (and what to do there) on every series.
Y’all know what offense i like

Brian Pariani might be available !

Brian Pariani might be available !
Just looked him up to see what he is up to. This is his wiki:

"Since 1994, Pariani has worked every season alongside Gary Kubiak, for the exception of the 2005 season, when Pariani worked at Syracuse University."

So I guess Gary Kubiak for OC and we can get Pariani back...

Look guys, the general thought out there in the college football world is that if Dino doesn’t make 6 wins in 2022 he will be fired.

This has cause a lot and I mean a lot of limitations in what we can do.

Rumors on the OC are going to be kept in a vault because if they have someone close, they don’t want anyone getting in their head reminding them that if Dino doesn’t get to 6 wins in 2022 he’s going to be fired.

With that being said, most OC candidates don’t want to take a risk to move to Syracuse only to have to move again in less than a year if things don’t go as planned.

These are going to be tough tough sells right now.

Dino and staff are certainly going to earn their paychecks the next couple of weeks/months

Look guys, the general thought out there in the college football world is that if Dino doesn’t make 6 wins in 2022 he will be fired.

Rumors on the OC are going to be kept in a vault because if they have someone close, they don’t want anyone getting in their head reminding them that if Dino doesn’t get to 6 wins in 2022 he’s going to be fired.

With that being said, most OC candidates don’t want to take a risk to move to Syracuse only to have to move again in less than a year if things don’t go as planned.

Dino and staff are certainly going to earn their paychecks the next couple of weeks/months
Don’t know your sources, but assume they are solid. Does it not make sense to “extend” Dino with SU favorable terms, with incentives in years and money tied to on the field success, and give the OC a 3 year deal, guaranteed, and covering expenses for moving, etc. (those may be standard)

This was clear to a lot of people but not John Wildhack.
Instead we need alums to open their pocket books.

Our OC expectations are so low nobody can really upset me.
We aren’t going to get anyone really appealing for the reasons you listed.
It’s going to be a guy looking for a paycheck.

Would the school ever buy a house or houses that they use just for housing assistants and their families, so they can just rent from the school?

Would the school ever buy a house or houses that they use just for housing assistants and their families, so they can just rent from the school?

I’m not sure on that.

Might not actually be a bad idea…

I know the fan base is sick of Dino and honestly, I am ready for a change too

No real information on it, but I get the impression from the press conference and other moves by JW that aside from a massive collapse, Dino will be here beyond 2022.

I know the negative recruiting is definitely happening, but like I said, not sure it has merit due to JW not being ready to make a move away from DB

Like I said, just my opinion so it could be bowl game or bust but I wouldn’t be so surprised if next season if we end with anything more than say 4 wins and we still keep DB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom