OC Rumors | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

No...they were born miserable.
32A846B3-8003-4CCE-A4AC-742AC2CFF0F4.gif

as they should because of geography. Like it or not but pitt got the perfect draw to win games every year which has led to them receuiting better than us. If we were in there spot since dino took over we probably make a bowl every year but the covid year

Lol

Of course. I assumed he was getting better. Who wouldn’t assume that.

Back to some sense of rationality, the original point was, why would someone assume SU’s passing game would not be better next year.
Oh I forgot, because no one develops, no one improves, no one gets healthy, and it feels better to piss and moan.

No because we say that every year and still end up in the same spot. Other schools gets better, some get worse, and some stay about the same. We largely stay about the same, not making bowl games even when a schedule is handed to you.

Every year we have depth issues, a million WR’s and no solid WR corp, poor recruiting. To counter those things you need coaches that can develop players. We’ve largely not had that OR the recruiting is actually so horrific we’re getting players at their ceiling in HS.

So yeah, why would anyone assume the passing game will magically improve. Even if it improves a little were then in the lowest 20% instead of 10% and the schedule is much more difficult.

There wasn't much buzz this year, I bet retention will be pretty similar. If they can do some community outreach, get people excited with some events, good coaching hires, good spring ball, covid protocols different, who know it may even be better than this year.
That is a lot of ifs there Pollyanna.

Barring some portal disaster, should be the best team we put on the field since 18. Is f your assuming Tucker and a few others are gone then yea it’s not great.
I love you think that, but I fail to see where that is likely. We will struggle to win five again.

You don’t read the NFL thread.
We have 4 winning seasons in
20 years and people can’t be a realistic over idealist.
I had to look this up because I couldn't believe it...Pretty depressing & amazing there are any fans that go to the games still besides die-hards

No because we say that every year and still end up in the same spot. Other schools gets better, some get worse, and some stay about the same. We largely stay about the same, not making bowl games even when a schedule is handed to you.

Every year we have depth issues, a million WR’s and no solid WR corp, poor recruiting. To counter those things you need coaches that can develop players. We’ve largely not had that OR the recruiting is actually so horrific we’re getting players at their ceiling in HS.

So yeah, why would anyone assume the passing game will magically improve. Even if it improves a little were then in the lowest 20% instead of 10% and the schedule is much more difficult.
I hope you find joy in other parts of your life, being happy is important.

I hope you find joy in other parts of your life, being happy is important.

Again, there’s nothing wrong with expecting more out of a coach with 1 winning season in 6 years. If your financial planner had 5 very poor years with your $ I bet you’d probably start looking for other options. But maybe not because it brings you happiness sticking with the guy losing your money because he’s a nice guy and told you next year will be better.

Last edited:
If I posted more often, I would beat this dead horse all off-season:

Now that we can run block,

1) Learn how to pass block on 3rd and long situations, 2) how to throw to the sticks in those same situations ...and if you can't do that, 3) at least ANTIClPATE that you will be pressured in those situations every time and learn how to freaking throw against pressure and complete passes.

Every other team and coach worth its salt knows how to do this at least occasionally ...and enough to win games and get to bowls.

Figure this out or Dino is gone after this season

What I'm saying is you guys are talking tough now, wait until August when you're dying to get into the dome.
Since I have had seasons for forty six years I do not think I will.

Since I have had seasons for forty six years I do not think I will.
Ohhhhhhh, you're a grumpy old guy. Continue your finger waving then and apologies for keeping you up past bedtime.

Ohhhhhhh, you're a grumpy old guy. Continue your finger waving then and apologies for keeping you up past bedtime.
I bet I am am up later than you and you're immaturity is showing.

That Wildhack thinks he’s right, doesn’t make him right.

DB has 1 winning season in 6. The fact he’s been in the business for a long time has no bearing whatsoever on anything. Being a coach for 30 years doesn’t make you a good coach. It might mean you know a lot but it doesn’t make you good at your job. There’s lots of professions where people have been in the profession a long time and suck.
Great post