Oklahoma Wants out of Big XII | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Oklahoma Wants out of Big XII

What does Nc State bring to the Sec?

What does NCState bring to the ACC other than they are close to three schools and have been in conference with the other three NC schools for the past century (give or take).

You may be right. ND would rather be in the ACC than the BE for Olympic sports. But ND giving up football independence because of Olympic sports is not accurate.

Correct, The ACC football deal is essentially what ND scheduled on the east coast as an average prior to joining the ACC in all but football. They traditionally played 5-6 games against east coast teams, mostly Big East and ACC , with Navy annually. When SU, and Pitt went to the ACC, ND could have chosen to stay with the BE and played Rutgers, UConn, the directional Fl schools, but reasoned the upgrade in Olympic sports and playing the schools they liked to play anyway. And let's be honest, when SU and Louisville and a respectable Pitt left the BE, hoops in the ACC was way more attractive.

A few things to keep in mind, based on what Clay Travis has said over the years:

1. 4x16 probably doesn't happen unless a few ACC teams are poached by the SEC and B1G. (Possibilities include NC State/Virginia Tech to the SEC and Georgia Tech/Notre Dame to the B1G.)
2. The SEC and B1G are not interested in bringing in teams from states that are already represented in their respective conferences. They're going after new markets. (The one exception would be ND.)
3. As stated above, don't expect the Pac-12 to bring in any religion-based institutions.
4. Texas wants no part of the SEC. Probably not wild about the B1G either.

For the record, I can't stand Travis, but he knows his stuff on this particular subject.

He said UNC to the B1G was imminent. He's a clown on par with Frank the tank and the dude from WV

He said UNC to the B1G was imminent. He's a clown on par with Frank the tank and the dude from WV
I agree he's a clown. I don't recall him saying UNC to the B1G was imminent, only that it was a possibility (still might be). Even if he did say that, he's been right more often than not on re-alignment, so he's one of the few I pay attention to. Nobody's perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom