OL Struggles | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OL Struggles

I recall a guy from the Nebraska board coming on here and saying, "Listen, I hate to break this to you fellas, but..."

Kind of like when the Clemson fans said it about Rob Spence, the master of the tunnel screen.

10 games and 4,827 tunnel screens later, Marrone had seen enough.

Based on what? How can one watch our RBs abilities and say that we are upper half of the ACC?

You look at their high school film, their measurables, and in the case of Adams, his record at Oklahoma - 9 yards a carry in a part-time role. Jawahr Jordan is lightning, has great hips and can cut at top speed. Give them a hole and these guys can take it to the house.

we have multiple undersized RBs who should probably be the #2 change of pace guy.

Go look at the best running backs in the NFL. So many of them go 5-11 and 210 lbs. Yes, you have a few 230 pound short-yardage backs, but most of our guys fit the prototype. Maybe not the little guys like Jordan, who only weighs about 170 right now, but he will weigh 185-190 by next year, and then he'll be ready.

there is 200lb and there is 200lb.. Barkley and Zeke run far differently than ours. and thats the pros best of the best...

there is 200lb and there is 200lb.. Barkley and Zeke run far differently than ours. and thats the pros best of the best...
I think Adams and Howard have normal RB builds. They're similar to other RBs we've had that had short careers in the NFL like Carter and Brinkley. They're not Zeke or Barkley but you only have so many Heisman candidate RBs.

If our current RBs were running behind the 2012 offensive line, I don't think anyone would see them as a weakness.

I feel like a lot of this thread is overnalyzing things. Our O-line gets pushed around, looks confused, and generally lost at times. As it stands today, I think the talent just is not there, and Tommy is obviously much more of a pocket QB, so we're noticing the weakness much moreso than the last 4 years. Add to that we lost Martin, Conway, Roberts to graduation & Heckel is banged up. Our line (generally speaking) just isn't quite up to ACC level at this point.

I don't know how we fix it since I am sure Dino is putting the best guys out there, but until the line shows improvement, it will be tough. I fully believe we have the QB and the skill position guys to make things happen. And with Benson breaking out & Hackett appearing to be a solid option, we just need the 5 big guys to do their part. Hopefully that can happen, and soon.

Kind of like when the Clemson fans said it about Rob Spence, the master of the tunnel screen.

10 games and 4,827 tunnel screens later, Marrone had seen enough.

Bubble screens.

And boy, did they blow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom