On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd] | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

On alert for ESPN GameDay [We got PrimeTime'd]

I agree. ESPN knew Cuse was a 14 point dog and supposed to lose yesterday and they still put us on notice. From that standpoint, we overachieved. We led most of the game, covered and had a shot to win in the final minute even with a few questionable calls. I could see them coming here to check us off their list and featuring SU as a program that’s back and on the rise. And oh by the way, there is always the ND factor and Marcus Freeman getting ND on track. Many story lines with this game.

If Notre Dame would have beaten Stanford at home, I think we would have had Gameday and a 3:30 start. We owe them a beat down.
not sure on the time as Espn put the better matchups at NOON on the 6 days makes me think it was most likely going to be noon regardless

not sure on the time as Espn put the better matchups at NOON on the 6 days makes me think it was most likely going to be noon regardless

That would be dumb as the crowd would leave at 11:30-11:45 to get into the game.

That would be dumb as the crowd would leave at 11:30-11:45 to get into the game.
When Gameday broadcasts from a noon kickoff game, they move their last hour inside the stadium so the fans can get in to the game. A little tougher with the dome since there isn’t a lot of room on the sidelines.

When Gameday broadcasts from a noon kickoff game, they move their last hour inside the stadium so the fans can get in to the game. A little tougher with the dome since there isn’t a lot of room on the sidelines.
They’d have to build something in the stands I’d think. Like they’ve done for basketball. Would require moving more students upstairs but it’s possible.

Nothing announced yet but yes that seems likely. I hate ESPN and Penn State, not necessarily in that order
i thought i saw it on twitter but maybe i was mistaken as it was when i got up.

I think most people are assuming Penn State, reasonable guess. I still have some hope though.

Nothing is on their twitter page yet. I’d expect it based on trends in the next hour or so.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they go to UNC for UNC-Pitt.

I don’t think they go to PSU because of the noon kickoff and it being Fox’s big game of the week, including being the site of their pregame show

Here’s another option they may pursue: Sacramento State vs Idaho

Sac St is undefeated and #2 in FCS. Their crew and equipment are in Oregon, so it’s a short trip down the coast. They’ve been known to visit FCS teams in the past.

Why would ESPN put Cuse on notice as 14 point dogs at Clemson. You really think they’d do that and say, you go to Death Valley and can’t break their 37 game win streak and we aren’t coming? No. They wanted to see Cuse prove to the nation that we were a real team, worthy of our ranking and worthy of gameday. We did that despite the heartbreaking result
Yeah prior to the loss they were definitely being considered, I just think they needed a W unfortunately, It doesn’t seem the guys from GD have any respect for Cuse.
I think it’s OSU-PSU. If il wrong, then great.

Do we even have enough room to put them on the sidelines leading up to a noon kickoff?

Do we even have enough room to put them on the sidelines leading up to a noon kickoff?
Yes. You could also build something in/near the tunnel where the team comes out before the game that can easily be rolled away to let the team come out pre game. The team could also come out the other tunnel near the band. That’s how they go in for halftime and postgame. It can be done if they want.

Just saw their teaser video, sounds like either UCF or K State?? That would be a kick in the nads to us how the hell can you pick one of those, especially UCF, over us??

Just saw their teaser video, sounds like either UCF or K State?? That would be a kick in the nads to us how the hell can you pick one of those, especially UCF, over us??
Not in teaser it’s over

Not in teaser it’s over
Neither was Penn State. Is someone drunk over at ESPN? They didn’t show clips of the teams they had audio clips of Gameday guys talking about the two venues as great home field advantages. UCF just got dusted by ECU and KSU has two losses now. We play ND who even in a down year is still ND. Well we just need to be ND, that’s the big thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom