Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

The ideal is a Rak Christmas/Fab Melo type that can handle the following:

1) alter shots from guys who get in the paint via their reach or making them think twice due to imposing presence. Defend without fouling

2) have the skill to catch passes from the perimeter and either quickly pass it back outside, or have a plan of what they’re doing with the ball before giving up the dribble and backing a man down. Dont catch the ball, be stumped, put it low, and have it stripped.

3) set solid screens and know where to slip/pop to free up space

4) find a man to lay your butt on when the shot goes up, and stop opposing offensive possessions by cleaning up the defensive boards

5) Being able to do enough with the ball off pick and roll to draw attention and free up space

SU might've been able to find this in Moses Brown, who was the #1 center prospect last year,
from NYC, but they didn't seem very interested in recruiting him. 7' tall, 240 lbs, went for a shade
under 10pts / 9rebs / 2blks per as a freshman at UCLA last year. Just sayin' ...

Think a player like that probably cures a lot of issues related to post offense, defense, and
rebounding.

Kev

Why wouldn't he put is name in the draft? Get some feedback and then work on his weaknesses. He hasn't signed with an agent and my bet is he will be back. I love all the hate being spewed by guys who averaged 2 points a game in middle school and got cut from their freshmen team.

1. I'm really not too concerned cuz I think it's pretty much slim to none that anybody is going to draft him, I don't know what he's willing to do if he's going to get a free agent pick up somewhere but I think we would be fine without him, especially with some guys I know it's down the road but some of these guys in the 2020 class that looks like were in good position to get some of these high top 100 guys! makes me feel a lot better about how things are going.

1. I'm really not too concerned cuz I think it's pretty much slim to none that anybody is going to draft him, I don't know what he's willing to do if he's going to get a free agent pick up somewhere but I think we would be fine without him, especially with some guys I know it's down the road but some of these guys in the 2020 class that looks like were in good position to get some of these high top 100 guys! makes me feel a lot better about how things are going.
Andre Jackson for 1 looks pretty damn good just gotta get some weight on him and son other guys too I noticed

Guerrier didn't come here with the expectation that he was going to be sitting.

I'm completely unsurprised by this.

If his skills have peaked I’m glad to see him leave. Couldn’t shoot worth a damn.[/QUOTE
Thats a fact! He pretty much regressed this year and only shooting 39% from the field! not too impressive , I'd like him stay but if he leaves I don't think it will set us back too much.

this is just a feeling that I get sometimes about boeheim, he's definitely not a player's coach imo, obviously I don't know for sure I'm not there behind the scenes but it just made me think that you know all these players leaving earlier than most teams don't seem to have that issue like we do. And now that Hopkins is gone I think he kind of help neutralize that a bit even though players did leave then,but coulda been worse who knows because he is a player's coach in my opinion. I don't know it's just a feeling I get sometimes just thought I would share that

It would obviously hurt to lose him, but I really wanna see what the young guys can do. Hope he comes back, though I won’t be devastated by him leaving.

If he goes it will be a mistake in some ways but the question is, will another year help him? I'm not sure he can or will be the leader on the team so I would expect similar numbers next year as this year.

this is just a feeling that I get sometimes about boeheim, he's definitely not a player's coach imo, obviously I don't know for sure I'm not there behind the scenes but it just made me think that you know all these players leaving earlier than most teams don't seem to have that issue like we do. And now that Hopkins is gone I think he kind of help neutralize that a bit even though players did leave then,but coulda been worse who knows because he is a player's coach in my opinion. I don't know it's just a feeling I get sometimes just thought I would share that

I don't want to be "that guy", but when you look at Red and Griff on the bench, I seldom see them look very happy or excited, either.

I don't want to be "that guy", but when you look at Red and Griff on the bench, I seldom see them look very happy or excited, either.

Do you remember them looking "happy" or "excited" during their playing days, either? Certainly not Griffin.

In real time, during games, he was frustrating. But if he can finish at a higher clip and live in the paint, he could do damage. Too quick for bigger guys and can post up smaller ones.

Other than that I can't get worked up about the (potential) decisions of kids. Maybe 5-10 years ago. Not anymore. It's like when a friend is being non-committal about coming to something. I just say ... "I'll be here at this time. You come, you come. You don't, you don't."

JB and Hop had disagreements about recruiting that last year.
Hop for a fact wanted to recruit a kid who would have helped him when he was going to take over. JB overruled him.
Hop was a good soldier.
I remember hearing a few of those rumors but nothing that felt like fact.

Would the recruit in question be Naz? Or Hameir?

SU might've been able to find this in Moses Brown, who was the #1 center prospect last year, from NYC, but they didn't seem very interested in recruiting him. 7' tall, 240 lbs, went for a shade under 10pts / 9rebs / 2blks per as a freshman at UCLA last year. Just sayin' ...

Think a player like that probably cures a lot of issues related to post offense, defense, and
rebounding. Kev

We were interested, but it became apparent early on we didn't have a big enough bag for him. So the coaches didn't waste the time.

In real time, during games, he was frustrating. But if he can finish at a higher clip and live in the paint, he could do damage. Too quick for bigger guys and can post up smaller ones.

Other than that I can't get worked up about the (potential) decisions of kids. Maybe 5-10 years ago. Not anymore. It's like when a friend is being non-committal about coming to something. I just say ... "I'll be here at this time. You come, you come. You don't, you don't."

This sounds good in theory. He's certainly proven capable of getting to the rim, but he just doesn't seem to have good touch at all, whether it's finishing around the rim or shooting in general. He might just not have that sort of natural coordination in him.

It's fascinating that the one scout mentioned how he got away from his game and fell in love with the 3 ball this year considering 36% of his shots were 3 pointers as a freshman versus only 30% this year.

Not if you focus on how he started the year. He was launching threes and very unsuccessful.

“All sizzle no steak” yikes
A98D4218-B425-4785-8F92-EC7FB28D22A3.gif

[QUOTE="Cuse#1, post: 2977952, member: 7147. ...Hopkins... is a player's coach in my opinion. I don't know it's just a feeling I get sometimes just thought I would share that[/QUOTE]
I've seen a number of stories on how much UW players love Hop.
Never heard such comments about Syracuse players and Jim Boeheim.

Not if you focus on how he started the year. He was launching threes and very unsuccessful.
So, again, over 36.2% of Brissett's shots as a freshman were 3 pointers.

Sophomore year:
November (Games 1-6): 31.7%
December (Games 7-13): 38.0%
January (Games 14-21): 31.4%
February (Games 22-28): 19.0%
March (Games 29-34): 28.3%

So he started the year off shooting 3's significantly less than he did as a freshman and there was only one 7 game stretch in which he slightly attempted more.

[QUOTE="Cuse#1, post: 2977952, member: 7147. ...Hopkins... is a player's coach in my opinion. I don't know it's just a feeling I get sometimes just thought I would share that
I've seen a number of stories on how much UW players love Hop.
Never heard such comments about Syracuse players and Jim Boeheim.
Boeheim is not Hop but lots of players come back to coach for him. Guys like Coleman seem to like him and come back. He's not the personality Hop is. He's more old school...different generation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom