Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

if Oshae can somehow stand out (in positive way) from that group he will have almost certainly earned a spot in the draft. Looking at those names, I tend to doubt it

I guess ill say it, good for oshae, he should get some good feedback, hope he isnt laying bricks at the combine

if Oshae can somehow stand out (in positive way) from that group he will have almost certainly earned a spot in the draft. Looking at those names, I tend to doubt it
Remember, these are the guys who weren’t invited to the combine. Maybe 3-4 will get combine invites if the impress, but that’s a looong way from “earning a spot in the draft”.

Remember, these are the guys who weren’t invited to the combine. Maybe 3-4 will get combine invites if the impress, but that’s a looong way from “earning a spot in the draft”.
yep and I guess my point is - even in this group of guys just trying to impress enough to get an invite I highly doubt he would stand out in any way - those are all really, really good players in that group.

There are some pretty good players in this group.. From the ACC alone, there are Diakete, Maye, Robinson and Fall ... not to mention the ever-popular Ethan Happ. Tough competition there for 3 or so invites.
it's the nba's version of the hunger games

give them weapons and the ratings will go through the roof

They are going to scrimmage and do some drills with some G league veterans, with a handful of the best getting combine invites. John Gillon and Andrew White are two of the G league veterans also fighting for combine spots.

Heavy competition. I hope the Syracuse guys kill it.

Kind of a shame that Bazely may get more NBA draft attention than either Battle or Brissett.
Only because they know what Battle and Brissett can do, but they see the possible upside with Bazely.
Playing the odds by rolling the dice that he is going to be NBA quality.

Oshae is gone.

To many things with his situation in recent past, present, and his immediate future family concerns 85/15 percentage he gone

Last edited by a moderator:
I think OB is back. His older brother is a grad transfer to UVA in football. He said when his brother goes down there he will wear cuse gear. Family above everything. It’s strange he would say this if Oshae is gone or planning to be gone. I don’t think Hughes moves up top. I think it’s hughes, OB and Quincey at the forwards with marek exclusive to the 5 unfortunately. I think goodine contributes a lot right away and Carey makes a leap

I hope he comes back for another year. During tonight’s interview on MSG, Boeheim hinted that he was coming back. When asked about the 2019-20 team, he referred to the “three juniors [who] all started at one time or another here.” I’m thinking that he was referring to Brissett, Dolezaj and Sidibe as the three juniors who had started. The only other junior on the roster will be Howard Washington, but i don’t recall him ever starting, and he might be considered a redshirt sophomore, anyway.

I hope he comes back for another year. During tonight’s interview on MSG, Boeheim hinted that he was coming back. When asked about the 2019-20 team, he referred to the “three juniors [who] all started at one time or another here.” I’m thinking that he was referring to Brissett, Dolezaj and Sidibe as the three juniors who had started. The only other junior on the roster will be Howard Washington, but i don’t recall him ever starting, and he might be considered a redshirt sophomore, anyway.
eli is a junior in eligibility

So if Bazely gets drafted and Tyus and OB don't...this board will be great.

So if Bazely gets drafted and Tyus and OB don't...this board will be great.
haha - very true
And that is probably what will happen, unless TB/OB sneak into the tail end.

He also referred to 5 Sophs on the show. Buddy, Carey, Braswell, and Washington not sure who the 5th would be?

eli is a junior in eligibility

True. I don’t remember Sidibe ever starting here though. Could he have been referring to Hughes, Marek, and Brissett?

True. I don’t remember Sidibe ever starting here though. Could he have been referring to Hughes, Marek, and Brissett?

I would think JB would be discussing Oshae as a returning player until he officially declares he's not coming back. I mean, he doesn't really have much of an option in that regard, really, even if he thinks he's probably gone.

I also agree with whomever posted that Battle's scoring is easier to replace than Brissett's rebounding. It's not like Battle scored particularly efficiently, outside of doing a pretty nice job getting to the line. You've also got no shortage of guys more than willing to take those shots -- buddy, hughes, guerrier, Carey if he's the starter. Even a guy like Marek could easily go from 4 ppg to more like 8 or so. So even with incremental increases like that from a few guys -- Buddy from 7 ppg to 9 or 10; Hughes from 13 to more like 15; Carey from 3 to more like 6 -- you can see 10 or 11 made up before you even get to the contributions of new players like Guerrier or JGIII or whomever.

Rebounding is toughness, attitude and effort. Very few guys do the work Brissett did, especially out of a zone. His absence will be felt there unless Guerrier hits the ground running in that department. And even then, it would be great to have Guerrier at the 3 and Brissett at the 4 since we could have troubles rebounding at the 5 if Sidibe is injured and Marek is playing there full-time at 190 lbs or whatever.

If OB is gone, how we rebound the ball quickly goes to the top of the list with what our offense looks like (can we increase player and ball movement) as the two biggest question marks this team has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom