Oshae... | Syracusefan.com

Oshae...

newmexicuse

All Conference
You hate to point fingers when we are dealing with a trainwreck, but I think it is fair to say that so far Oshae has been the biggest disappointment so far.

The biggest problem is that he seems to have lost confidence.

The first thing I would do if I were Jimmy, is to take the green light off of Oshae shooting any treys until he has made at least two 2 point baskets. His game needs to be brought inside, the announcers suggested, and I agree, why not try him at the five, especially once Frank gets back so then you can have a lineup of Ty, Jalen, Elijah, Frank, and Oshae, which should be our best offensive lineup.

The one thing I will say, is though he seemed like he played in a funk in the UConn game and the first half of the Oregon game, he really seemed to step up his energy level in the second half of the oregon game. That tells me he is a competitor and that given some time he will find his way.

You hate to point fingers when we are dealing with a trainwreck, but I think it is fair to say that so far Oshae has been the biggest disappointment so far.

The first thing I would do if I were Jimmy, is to take the green light off of Oshae shooting any treys until he has made at least two 2 point baskets. His game needs to be brought inside, the announcers suggested, and I agree, why not try him at the five, especially once Frank gets back so then you can have a lineup of Ty, Jalen, Elijah, Frank, and Oshae, which should be our best offensive lineup.

The one thing I will say, is though he seemed like he played in a funk in the UConn game and the first half of the Oregon game, he really seemed to step up his energy level in the second half of the oregon game. That tells me he is a competitor and that given some time he will find his way.
That lineup has one rebounder. Just one. There's no way we see that lineup this year. Save illness, injury, or horrific officiating.

He can't put it in the basket from anywhere, unless it's a dunk. He shouldn't be doing anything on offense but dunking.

He can't put it in the basket from anywhere, unless it's a dunk. He shouldn't be doing anything on offense but dunking.

He’s always been a good FT shooter.

He needs to post up some and attack the basket hard whenever possible. I can deal with some missed layups if he’s scoring 10 points from the foul line.

He showed last year he can make 3’s. But he’s not some 3 point bomber who should be hanging out there looking to launch. He should be taking maybe 3 or 4 of them per game. 9 is insane, unless he’s on fire.

He needs to post up some and attack the basket hard whenever possible. I can deal with some missed layups if he’s scoring 10 points from the foul line.

He showed last year he can make 3’s. But he’s not some 3 point bomber who should be hanging out there looking to launch. He should be taking maybe 3 or 4 of them per game. 9 is insane, unless he’s on fire.

He also attacks the basket and doesn't get to the line and can't hit a layup. At this point if it's not Battle or Carey putting the ball up its a disaster.

OB needs to play inside out. He’s playing outside in and it’s not working.

Definitely.

He also needs to go Gbinje style to the rim every drive - just try to dunk everything. Throw a few off the back of the rim - the crowd loves it even when you miss the THUNDER DUNK. They don't love when you miss a shot whilst going through some strange contortions on every shot/drive.

OB needs to play inside out. He’s playing outside in and it’s not working.

This is what was said during the Oregon broadcast. They also said he's playing like he has someone in his ear.

He supposedly hired a private shooting coach this summer. Maybe he can get his money back?
Oh no. Really? So both Battle and Brissett are playing with ‘new technique?’ That might explain a lot. Wonder how long it will take for them to find real confidence in it. This worries me. I would think you don’t find real confidence in practice unless the subsequent in-game results are reinforcing. There may be a lot of doubt and ‘thinking’ going on for a while. Doesn’t help that UConn really was in their jocks.

9 is insane, especially when 5 or 6 were a foot or more behind the NBA line. Actually it seemed like 90% of all of the 3s they took were beyond the NBA line.

He avoids contact and does not want the ball. Playing scared. No idea what happened here. I'd sit him.

put him in the high post and don't let him outside the arc for the whole Colgate game

make him figure it out

nothing but hard drives or kick outs (or heavens forbid a pass to a planned cutter)

Here are the SU career splits of 4 mystery players. 2 of them are current players and 2 are a couple of the most criticized players in board history. Name them.

Player A: 10.2 PPG 36.3FG/33.7 3pt/79.7 FT%/47.2efg%

Player B: 14.3 PPG 34.9FG/31.7 3pt/75 FT/40.6 efg%

Player C: 10.6 PPG 43.2FG/33.2 3pt/75.1 FT/50.1 efg%

Player D: 15.5 PPG 41.0FG/33.0 3pt/83.1 FT/ 48.1 efg%

Player A: Billy Celuck
Player B: Oshae Brissett
Player C: Gerry Cooney
Player D: Hackim Warwick

Oshae seems more worried about impressing NBA scouts right down by draining threes then playing an inside game...for us to be successful we don't need him outside the arch on a consistent basis...as bad as our "bigs" are we need him inside banging the glass

OB led the ACC in ft attempts last year. ain't gonna do that hoisting wounded ducks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom