Our situation is like UNC’s | Syracusefan.com

Our situation is like UNC’s

Both of our programs are headed straight into the gutter and it all starts with the HC.. Roy and JB are running their programs into the ground
Running their programs straight in to the ground. We haven't had a losing season in 50 years. We have been to 3 sweet 16's in the last 5 tournaments. 1 of 3 schools that can make that claim. Just talking to a coach from a major school today and they were saying they watched Benny a lot this year. Major impact player. Along with Buddy. Along with Jess. Strange idea. .Let's wait to see how the portal shakes out before we rush to the running the program straight in to the ground.

Running their programs straight in to the ground. We haven't had a losing season in 50 years. We have been to 3 sweet 16's in the last 5 tournaments. 1 of 3 schools that can make that claim. Just talking to a coach from a major school today and they were saying they watched Benny a lot this year. Major impact player. Along with Buddy. Along with Jess. Strange idea. .Let's wait to see how the portal shakes out before we rush to the running the program straight in to the ground.

Warhammer 40K Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

You and your logic. Blasphemy!

Both of our programs are headed straight into the gutter and it all starts with the HC.. Roy and JB are running their programs into the ground
I don't think so. The root of our problems is the NCAA sanction. JB is making the best of the hands he got dealt. By the way, this is a dirty dirty world. The Post-Standard tried to dig a hole for SU so they can sell more newspaper.

One difference. One guy built the program, the other is just the next guy in line. (Not to diminish him as a coach, but Frank McQuire, Dean Smith)

I don't think so. The root of our problems is the NCAA sanction. JB is making the best of the hands he got dealt. By the way, this is a dirty dirty world. The Post-Standard tried to dig a hole for SU so they can sell more newspaper.
Lets all stop it with "the sanctions" BS. The sanctions are on JB. Its his program. If the sanctions are the cause of the decline, then JB is the cause of the decline.
It like I can't pay my bills because I can't get to work because I lost my license. Why did you lose your license. Well, I had like 3 speeding tickets, then I got a DWI. Who knew that would impact my job.

Is this still a thing?

Lets all stop it with "the sanctions" BS. The sanctions are on JB. Its his program. If the sanctions are the cause of the decline, then JB is the cause of the decline.
It like I can't pay my bills because I can't get to work because I lost my license. Why did you lose your license. Well, I had like 3 speeding tickets, then I got a DWI. Who knew that would impact my job.
It wasn’t just the sanctions. It was a perfect storm of events. Some are just “part of the game” I know. But when you compile them with one another it becomes a big hill to climb. Start with a ridiculous run of injuries to our big guys. This has been an almost decade long run of having an impossible time keeping our Centers in a lineup. Yes injuries are part of the game. But when in the last 40 years have we had a run like this at one critical position. Then throw in a top recruit bail on us at the last minute for the G League. Makes it to to recover quickly from that in the recruiting game. The recruiting cycle was over and we lost our key recruit. Couple that with guys like Lydon who left early. Yes guys do leave early. But couple that with the compounded problem at the position and man, things get dire. Losing Hop was tough. There’s that. And then there were, of course, the sanctions which affected the image and recruiting position for a NUMBER of years... almost an unprecedented number of years for the ncaa as far as I can tell. The “investigation” just went on and on, casting a shadow over the program for what amounted to virtually nothing compared to a lot of other programs’ indiscretions.

It wasn’t just the sanctions. It was a perfect storm of events. Some are just “part of the game” I know. But when you compile them with one another it becomes a big hill to climb. Start with a ridiculous run of injuries to our big guys. This has been an almost decade long run of having an impossible time keeping our Centers in a lineup. Yes injuries are part of the game. But when in the last 40 years have we had a run like this at one critical position. Then throw in a top recruit bail on us at the last minute for the G League. Makes it to to recover quickly from that in the recruiting game. The recruiting cycle was over and we lost our key recruit. Couple that with guys like Lydon who left early. Yes guys do leave early. But couple that with the compounded problem at the position and man, things get dire. Losing Hop was tough. There’s that. And then there were, of course, the sanctions which affected the image and recruiting position for a NUMBER of years... almost an unprecedented number of years for the ncaa as far as I can tell. The “investigation” just went on and on, casting a shadow over the program for what amounted to virtually nothing compared to a lot of other programs’ indiscretions.
Of course, losing Hop was on JB.

Of course, losing Hop was on JB.
Meh... I think if we had tried to transition to a new coach then it would have been a disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom