people seriously think we might lose tonite? | Syracusefan.com

people seriously think we might lose tonite?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
granted I know jack stuff about this team we're playing, but I do know they play in canada. and we're syracuse. and that's all I need to know. cuse rolls

Charles Barkley said the Canucks are "in trouble" if CJ Fair plays. ;)

Seriously, SU is NOT Wisconsin. If they want to run, we'll run with them. And I'm not worried on offense. We'll be more efficient than Wisconsin was, and they still scored in the 80's for as much as they struggled. I don't see us struggling like that. Too many weapons. Too much size. The only thing they have on us is experience...and the officials. :)

SU by 20 down the stretch. If Roberson was there, it would be 40. :)

Blows my mind that Wisconsin gave up 100 to these guys. I think the quick shot clock probably really messed with the Badgers very badly. Our offense doesn't try to stall like theirs so I think it won't be such a crazy problem for us. But for the Badgers it was their first game with these rules, and their whole offense being discombobulated by the clock probably had a big impact on their D as well.

I have no idea if they got the memo north of the border, but it's really hard to beat us if your gameplan is to run and gun and make it an up tempo affair. I'd like to see them try though.

Plus, the zone mixed with a 24 second shot clock is almost unfair to do to college aged kids.

They press the whole game, sort of like Louisville. So it should be very interesting how our backcourt handles that.

Charles Barkley said the Canucks are "in trouble" if CJ Fair plays. ;)

Seriously, SU is NOT Wisconsin. If they want to run, we'll run with them. And I'm not worried on offense. We'll be more efficient than Wisconsin was, and they still scored in the 80's for as much as they struggled. I don't see us struggling like that. Too many weapons. Too much size. The only thing they have on us is experience...and the officials. :)

SU by 20 down the stretch. If Roberson was there, it would be 40. :)
I think that's the key right there. If Carleton was a slow moving kill the clock kind of team, then without CJ I would have expected a grind it out type of game. Fortunately for us Carleton likes to run and speed up the tempo and I think that will work out to our advantage. If our explosive, athletic group of players can't beat a Canadian team in a shootout, then I might as well ban myself from the board because I would have no words.

They are a team with 4 returning seniors. We are learning to be a team with new players.
We may have the better athletes/players, but it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Should be interesting. Wisky is a team that thrives on matchups. They are not usually a non-conf bully and often drop a few games in the season before the conference and then frustrate the living hell out of the rest of the "league that adopted buttgers". Wisky is also a team that wins with efficiency and reducing the number of possessions. By definition the 24 second shot clock increases possessions. In a game like this, Ennis and the zone will probably be key. Even double screens are harder to work effectively against the zone. Add our length to that and I like our chances. I think we win but it really does not matter that much. It is much more important the young guys get some minutes against stiff competition when it doesn't count. They certainly won't get much challenge from Ryerson or Holy Family.

JB does not play to win for exhibitions. LeMoyne? he will give Buss a good run even if he is 0 for 20. as JB said, the tour is largely to benefit the frosh. This will be a good test for BJ. given concerns aboutnthe 2, we could really use a reliable backup scorer in that position. BJ sems to have the most potential and he is still in diapers.

Alaska spot on. This is not a reg season game. Jb using these games to play all

SU's zone thrives well early in the year. I would expect Keita and Xmas to pick it up defensively today.
I don't know lemoyne wasn't carlton not even close. This is a good team and JB know it.

They put up 95 on wisky on 55% shooting. We couldn't put up more then 80 the last few games. Although I doubt Carlton was beating those last two teams by 40 also. I think Gbinije will be a problem for them with his length in the backcourt.

I don't know jack about the CIS, but even I've heard of Carleton basketball. It should be a far more interesting game and should tell us a lot more about this team.

Guess the people who were concerned about this game knew a little something, Corduroy?

I think that's the key right there. If Carleton was a slow moving kill the clock kind of team, then without CJ I would have expected a grind it out type of game. Fortunately for us Carleton likes to run and speed up the tempo and I think that will work out to our advantage. If our explosive, athletic group of players can't beat a Canadian team in a shootout, then I might as well ban myself from the board because I would have no words.
At 47-32, I was ready to say my goodbyes no lie. Much respect to our youngins for grinding out this tough victory. Lord knows ESPN would have had a field day with us if we had lost this game.

Would it be disrespecting to Carleton if I said they reminded me of a slightly better Belmont?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom