Pete Thamel | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

Can we absorb being a mediocre football team and lose money? Will that help the other sports we have? How many programs have to be slashed eventually for people to realize the big picture
We'll just start losing more and more $$. Big 10 schools could get $100M per, after 2030. We'll get 1/4 of that, but to save a few schools, they might funnel more $$ to them. We'll be left behind. Seems inevitable without a winning product. That requires $$$ to have. We'll never spend it, and then we'll be broke. Ohh well

Mike Elko just got the A&M gig. Not sure we’d be excited for him if he was our guy. My point, not sure of any name we could get that would have made people jump for joy.
Mullen I was excited about, white would also have been exciting not my first pick but someone who at least knows the players and has relationships here

Mike Elko just got the A&M gig. Not sure we’d be excited for him if he was our guy. My point, not sure of any name we could get that would have made people jump for joy.
Elko did more, with less, than any other coach. Would have loved him. More than Mullen.

Glad Pete is mostly back in the board’s good graces.

I’d read he was a horrible person because his goggles weren’t Orange enough and his pom-pons not shaken often enough.

Perhaps yet another difference from a random blogger or an unhinged poster.

Acting like a journalist. Go figure.

We'll just start losing more and more $$. Big 10 schools could get $100M per, after 2030. We'll get 1/4 of that, but to save a few schools, they might funnel more $$ to them. We'll be left behind. Seems inevitable without a winning product. That requires $$$ to have. We'll never spend it, and then we'll be broke. Ohh well
I understand we have budgets and we have to be careful but it seems like we are downgrading from previous hires. Idk how any of these remaining candidates move the needle and we are losing players like flies right now

I understand we have budgets and we have to be careful but it seems like we are downgrading from previous hires. Idk how any of these remaining candidates move the needle and we are losing players like flies right now
Which will make it tougher to win. And then tougher to recruit, which makes it harder to win... and on an on...

The disappointment over the assumed finalists amazes me. Who are we getting? We are not an attractive job. Fact of the matter is if Wildhack makes the right choice he will have to do it all over again in a few years because his choice will have moved up.

Glad Pete is mostly back in the board’s good graces.

I’d read he was a horrible person because his goggles weren’t Orange enough and his pom-pons not shaken often enough.

Perhaps yet another difference from a random blogger or an unhinged poster.

Acting like a journalist. Go figure.
I still side eye him.

Just cuz.

It’s funny because it reads like hyperbole but it actually is objective truth.
barry manilow shades GIF

The disappointment over the assumed finalists amazes me. Who are we getting? We are not an attractive job. Fact of the matter is if Wildhack makes the right choice he will have to do it all over again in a few years because his choice will have moved up.
It’s a list that he put together so he has to be accountable for it. I like JW but I just don’t see how any of these guys gets the fan base excited about our football program in the future I hope I’m wrong

You believe that the Board of Directors and the President of the University should lose their jobs based on the selection of a FOOTBALL COACH? One of the most detached-from-reality things I've ever read on this board.
If they get this right and Syracuse gets back to being a respected program, they would be in the queue to get an invitation into the B1G which would be huge for academic relationships with the schools in that conference let alone the revenue to fund the athletic department. If it is a bad pick, SU will join the ranks of the relegated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom