Oshae Brissett | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

If you have a free moment could you give a quick rundown of the game? Reports are like crack to me, I'll take anything I can get lol

Didn't watch the whole game because All-Star games are very hard on my eyes, everybody just chucking up threes. Which brings me to Oshae, he was really the only one who did not ball hog and randomly chuck up 30 footers, which is refreshing for a player of the year. Really active around the rim and has some beef to actually bang a bit down there. Good quick hops and doesn't mind mixing it up from what I saw. Very capable putting it on the floor, brought the ball up a few times, albeit with little pressure but also attacked the rim nicely off the dribble multiple times and finished. His Bball IQ is also evident as he dished the ball nicely inside a few times to get people wide open dunks (again, the only guy doing this). Last but not least his shot, very good form, nice soft touch from deep. IMHO, could put some time in at the 4 but is destined to be a 3. I would compare him to Kris Joseph, albeit with a better outside shot and better handle at this stage, much higher ceiling. It is very evident that he seems to be just scratching the surface, really excited about this kid.

Howard: Good handle, smooth operator, and surprising athletic, got to the rim when he wanted but again not a lot of D being played so hard to gauge that. He didn't really force it either, I would think because they have scholarships they didn't feel the need to impress, not sure. Shot didn't fall for him but a good stroke, obviously won the 3 pt comp so can shoot it. Also listed him at 6'3" and he did look to be a good sized guard. Gonna need a year or two in my opinion.

Also Leo did the color on the game, and constantly talked up Cuse and the boys. Gushed about Oshae all game, compared him to Wiggins in skillset and physical nature but did concede he certainly was not at Wiggins level at this stage. Also compared Washington to Tyler Ennis but with a jump shot. Again high praise based more on style, but still a decent comparable. If Washington is at Ennis' level in year 3 I would be happy.

VTech got a good one, and the kid going to Pitt certainly likes to shoot continuously lol.

Didn't watch the whole game because All-Star games are very hard on my eyes, everybody just chucking up threes. Which brings me to Oshae, he was really the only one who did not ball hog and randomly chuck up 30 footers, which is refreshing for a player of the year. Really active around the rim and has some beef to actually bang a bit down there. Good quick hops and doesn't mind mixing it up from what I saw. Very capable putting it on the floor, brought the ball up a few times, albeit with little pressure but also attacked the rim nicely off the dribble multiple times and finished. His Bball IQ is also evident as he dished the ball nicely inside a few times to get people wide open dunks (again, the only guy doing this). Last but not least his shot, very good form, nice soft touch from deep. IMHO, could put some time in at the 4 but is destined to be a 3. I would compare him to Kris Joseph, albeit with a better outside shot and better handle at this stage, much higher ceiling. It is very evident that he seems to be just scratching the surface, really excited about this kid.

Howard: Good handle, smooth operator, and surprising athletic, got to the rim when he wanted but again not a lot of D being played so hard to gauge that. He didn't really force it either, I would think because they have scholarships they didn't feel the need to impress, not sure. Shot didn't fall for him but a good stroke, obviously won the 3 pt comp so can shoot it. Also listed him at 6'3" and he did look to be a good sized guard. Gonna need a year or two in my opinion.

Also Leo did the color on the game, and constantly talked up Cuse and the boys. Gushed about Oshae all game, compared him to Wiggins in skillset and physical nature but did concede he certainly was not at Wiggins level at this stage. Also compared Washington to Tyler Ennis but with a jump shot. Again high praise based more on style, but still a decent comparable. If Washington is at Ennis' level in year 3 I would be happy.

VTech got a good one, and the kid going to Pitt certainly likes to shoot continuously lol.

Thank you! And great write up, it's much appreciated by many on this board!

I would compare him to Kris Joseph, albeit with a better outside shot and better handle at this stage, much higher ceiling. It is very evident that he seems to be just scratching the surface, really excited about this kid.
I think a combination of Kris Jo and Grant are what I see in his highlights. He's probably more advanced than either at this stage, but doesn't have the physical upside of Grant. If he becomes a more aggressive, inside/out Kris Jo, I'll be thrilled.

I think a combination of Kris Jo and Grant are what I see in his highlights. He's probably more advanced than either at this stage, but doesn't have the physical upside of Grant. If he becomes a more aggressive, inside/out Kris Jo, I'll be thrilled.

Yeah, I agree with this. He seems a bit quicker and more fluid than Joseph just moving around and handling the ball at the same stage. I'm sure he will keep getting stronger. He's a real gem!

Yeah, I agree with this. He seems a bit quicker and more fluid than Joseph just moving around and handling the ball at the same stage. I'm sure he will keep getting stronger. He's a real gem!
At this stage, wasn't Kris a somewhat pudgy, raw player?

I saw most of the game and agree with the posts above.

Howard has potential...I liked his passing and heads up play a lot (fast breaks especially) and I assume his shooting will come around. However, he lacks strength at this point and needs to be more physical or ACC guards will push him around. Doubt he can contribute much next year but looks like a solid addition to the program who will only get better. Way more athletic than we were led to believe.

Brissett is going to be superb...maybe not early next year but he's going to be a stud eventually because he's so athletic and seems to have a good stroke on his shot. I only have 2 questions about him...he didn't seem to be as aggressive as I expected given his games of 20+ rebounds and I wonder if his conditioning is as good as it could be. He is certainly cut and this was an all star game so lots of up and down the floor play but I noticed he was winded pretty quickly in the first half.

All in all, pretty good performance from both...and Shittu will be a beast in 2018.

My brother was at the game. Said he was really impressed with Brissett, very athletic, great finisher around the rim, and well developed mid-range game.

He wasn't so high on Washington. Said that HW wasn't very explosive with his first step, isn't very strong, and doesn't elevate on his jumpshot. Said he needs 15 pounds more muscle before he would be able to contribute at all. Doesn't expect anything from him until he's a JR.

Leo Rautins wrote: "Closer to 6'9 and he's a 3 that can go in or out - shot keeps getting better & better!"
When we first signed him, I thought he was a project. But, he is developing FAST. He is going to provide some excitement, that's for sure. If he doesn't start, he could come in and infuse the team with athleticism and energy. I love having those guys come off the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom