Class of 2022 - PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered

Not sure that lineup has enough outside shooting.
Agree ...we'd be replacing two knock-down (40%) shooters with two frosh. But what you gain is athleticism and much better defense - almost the inverse of last year.

Last edited:
This guy's film is legit - stretch 4. Live athlete. Can defend the rim and hit the outside shot - especially on the pick and pop. I'm asking OttoinGrotto to name him K3 - Kiwi cubed (3 level scorer). You put this guy on the front line with Benny, Mintz on top, JG3 at the 2 and Jesse in the middle ... watch out.
So generally it's bad luck to make a nickname official before the player is actually on the roster, but I like Kiwi Cubed.

dumb and dumber GIF

We need this in Orange...
Any big that can do that isn't coming here. A DC or Billy back in the day we recruited well could.
That type of player goes to Kentucky or Duke or directly to the Pro's.

Illinois has had good luck with recruiting guys who can't get paid above the table.

But yeah, this kid is going to be somewhere that specializes in one and dones.

We have a one and done going to the Hall of Fame.
And, we have a track record of guys that weren’t sure fire one and dones and turned them into one and dones. The top 10-20 players can go anywhere and be one and done.

We have a one and done going to the Hall of Fame.
A) That's one recruit 21 years ago. B) things change. There's a huge thread about how NIL has changed everything about college sports.

But, yeah, Syracuse recruiting has been a hot bed of one and dones with the top 1 or 2 recruiting class every year.

A) That's one recruit 21 years ago. B) things change. There's a huge thread about how NIL has changed everything about college sports.

But, yeah, Syracuse recruiting has been a hot bed of one and dones with the top 1 or 2 recruiting class every year.
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seriously, though—21(?) years, sure. Still a name in the NBA, and a bigger name than most of the Kentucky one and dones. I'm not suggesting Carmelo swings the balance in our favor. I'm just trying to not kibosh all hopes of this guy choosing us. And i expect recruits tune into fan forums, so that was also a reminder for the young man: great careers can come through the (brand X) Dome.

Last edited:
Id love to find another marek somewhere? We need a lanky center in the middle of the zone.

Any big that can do that isn't coming here. A DC or Billy back in the day we recruited well could.
That type of player goes to Kentucky or Duke or directly to the Pro's.
whats the point of posting this? are you trying to make it less likely this player comes here??

this staff has helped many of the recent players grow and reach their potential/NBA lately...Buddy just got invited to the combine. Buddy!!

If they can do that with him...what could they do with a legit one and done?

I think any recruit would be smart to come to Syracuse. period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom