Pitt's Lack of Class is Pathetic... | Syracusefan.com

Pitt's Lack of Class is Pathetic...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
...but something I've come to expect from them.

A slew of things from last night alone:

• Dixon flipped out in the first half when a call didn't go his way...had NO idea how he wasn't "T'd" up
  • When Ennis is HACKED driving the lane, and the collective air is sucked out of #OrangeNation because it looked at first like he'd broken his wrist or elbow, some Pitt douche yells "are you crying? are you crying, baby?" - Serious scum right there. I wanted nothing more than for Ennis to stick it to Pitt after that. No wonder Marcus Smart flipped out.
  • When Ennis hits the game winner, the Pitt student section gives him the finger. - Keep it classy Pitt.
  • Zanna calls it a "lucky shot." - No idiot, the lucky shot was the one that your teammate made as a four point play to avoid a brutal loss on Saturday.
  • And perhaps the worst...one of my best friends (Pitt Alum) who will be my best man in less than four months, when I call him today, giving him the respect of not calling to gloat last night, dismisses the win, says Syracuse is "pretty good," and that it took a "lucky shot" to beat us. Classic little brother big brother syndrome. For YEARS he's rubbed it in my face when Pitt OWNED us, and now the tables have turned, he can't take it.
  • Oh...and did I mention last year at the Pete some female Pitt fan kept making bird/monkey noises during the game...probably some racist epithets. I seriously wanted to choke someone out.

FLUCK PITT!! LET'S GO ORANGE!!

• Dixon flipped out in the first half when a call didn't go his way...had NO idea how he wasn't "T'd" up
  • When Ennis is HACKED driving the lane, and the collective air is sucked out of #OrangeNation because it looked at first like he'd broken his wrist or elbow, some Pitt douche yells "are you crying? are you crying, baby?" - Serious scum right there. I wanted nothing more than for Ennis to stick it to Pitt after that. No wonder Marcus Smart flipped out.
  • When Ennis hits the game winner, the Pitt student section gives him the finger. - Keep it classy Pitt.
  • Zanna calls it a "lucky shot." - No idiot, the lucky shot was the one that your teammate made as a four point play to avoid a brutal loss on Saturday.
  • And perhaps the worst...one of my best friends (Pitt Alum) who will be my best man in less than four months, when I call him today, giving him the respect of not calling to gloat last night, dismisses the win, says Syracuse is "pretty good," and that it took a "lucky shot" to beat us. Classic little brother big brother syndrome. For YEARS he's rubbed it in my face when Pitt OWNED us, and now the tables have turned, he can't take it.
  • Oh...and did I mention last year at the Pete some female Pitt fan kept making bird/monkey noises during the game...probably some racist epithets. I seriously wanted to choke someone out.
Time to find a new "best man"!!

I don't think it was it would be racist as the race she would be making remarks about is wearing both jerseys. I'm sure it would have to do with them sitting in a area called the "zoo"

I could be wrong but I wish race wasn't brought into every discussion

Time to find a new "best man"!!

I was waiting how quickly someone would say that. Unfortunately we've been best friends since middle school...long before our fates were sealed by attending rival BE schools.

:noidea:

Eh, I'm not going to call them all obnoxious morons because of that (we have some of our own at games, I'm sure) - but they are an annoying bunch. Still, how bad can they be, their fan base seemed to be lining up to take pics with JB pregame! :)

Dixon should have been T'd up, arguing a call is fine, acting like a complete imbecile isn't. Settle down - they're already reviewing it.

The finger thing - eh, in the heat of the moment ppl do dumb stuff. Seems relatively tame to me.

If they were chanting that while he was on the ground - classless. I didn't really hear it till he got up to the line. Not sure.

Lucky shot? That's just stupid. It was a pretty controlled shot - it's lucky when you have to throw it overhand, or put so much force into it that you can't control it. These kids can make those shots at a pretty decent clip (not 40%, but u get the point).

If Zanna wants to talk lucky, he should mention that he should have had about 39 fouls called on him for raping Xmas in the post...

Btw, although I'm sure they started it, Ennis did just tell them to kiss his as$ after the shot.

I don't think it was it would be racist as the race she would be making remarks about is wearing both jerseys. I'm sure it would have to do with them sitting in a area called the "zoo"

I could be wrong but I wish race wasn't brought into every discussion

I was in the student section back in the day when banana peels were thrown on the court when Patrick Ewing was announced...

Dixon's antics are really startling. And it seems as if they are getting worse.

It's one thing when the fans are over the top. It's another when it's the players or even an assistant coach. But to have your head coach act like a fool and not show good sportsmanship is awful.

One can attribute luck when statistics are out of wack. For example, a rushed 35 footer is a low percentage shot but Ennis's shooting percentage for this shot was 100%. Therefore, most people would say that the shot had an element of luck; as we would have said if the shoe was on the other foot.

You know I hate to get on you personally, but are you serious about this? This stuff is all news to you? You needed them flipping off Ennis to realize they are dirtbag scum? Zanna needed to say it was a lucky shot for you to get pissed? They use eye gouges as a defensive technique. We've seen them destroy Preston Shumpert's eye. We've seen them pull Allen Ray's eye right out of the socket. We've seen this garbage and much more for years and NOW you are up in arms?

I've seen a very disturbing lack of hatred for Pitt on this board for some time now and frankly it is really starting to piss me off. You people better get your freaking heads in the game.

Pitt is garbage. They can't beat SU this year. Four losses and battling in the middle of the pack. Bye-bye now...
This environment was a warm up for Cameron. GoSU. Keep it rolling!!

I was waiting how quickly someone would say that. Unfortunately we've been best friends since middle school...long before our fates were sealed by attending rival BE schools.

Call off the wedding and blame it on him. Wife to be will never let you talk to him again. She'll eventually forgive you and you can find a new best man. Like me. I'm a better choice than that guy.

Problem solved.

Sounds like you need a best man test. The wedding party wears either an orange bow tie or orange vest. Your choice!! Do not say it is in honor of SU! This will test your best man And wife for worthiness.

Congrats and best of luck!!!

Okay ... so just have him gelded. :D

Eh, I'm not going to call them all obnoxious morons because of that (we have some of our own at games, I'm sure) - but they are an annoying bunch. Still, how bad can they be, their fan base seemed to be lining up to take pics with JB pregame! :)

Dixon should have been T'd up, arguing a call is fine, acting like a complete imbecile isn't. Settle down - they're already reviewing it.

The finger thing - eh, in the heat of the moment ppl do dumb stuff. Seems relatively tame to me.

If they were chanting that while he was on the ground - classless. I didn't really hear it till he got up to the line. Not sure.

Lucky shot? That's just stupid. It was a pretty controlled shot - it's lucky when you have to throw it overhand, or put so much force into it that you can't control it. These kids can make those shots at a pretty decent clip (not 40%, but u get the point).

If Zanna wants to talk lucky, he should mention that he should have had about 39 fouls called on him for raping Xmas in the post...

Agreed for the most part, especially Dixon. If he was as animated as I read about here, it should have been done. Best guess though, the ref in front of whom it happened, knew that next year when he auditions for his spot with the ACC, he'll be "that ref that T'd up Dixon in one of the biggest one-point games of the year," and his career will become like The Wreck of the Hesperus.

As far as Zanna goes, he's been through the wars and knows how to play effectively, what he can get away with and what he can't. He's just a tough competitor. When Christmas has his savvy, he'll be a force for certain. :)

not for nothing, but i don't think we have the right to call any fan base classless. we are pretty obnoxious ourselves. not that i have any problem with that, but i'm not sticking my nose up at any other fan base. i had a friend get banned from cardiac hill today due to extreme trolling. i also witness anyone who walks in the dome with the opposite colors on get booed viciously by our student section. personally i'm not one to get into with other fan bases, but we are pretty bad ourselves when it comes to class...or lack-thereof

Agreed for the most part, especially Dixon. If he was as animated as I read about here, it should have been done. Best guess though, the ref in front of whom it happened, knew that next year when he auditions for his spot with the ACC, he'll be "that ref that T'd up Dixon in one of the biggest one-point games of the year," and his career will become like The Wreck of the Hesperus.

As far as Zanna goes, he's been through the wars and knows how to play effectively, what he can get away with and what he can't. He's just a tough competitor. When Christmas has his savvy, he'll be a force for certain. :)

He should have t-d him up early in the game when Dixon was going off on the refs. After they reversed a call that he was absolutely pitching a fit about he apologized because even he knew he went over the line.

He should have t-d him up early in the game when Dixon was going off on the refs. After they reversed a call that he was absolutely pitching a fit about he apologized because even he knew he went over the line.

Two things. You always try to "stop sign" the guy first - as in, the traffic cop palm, and say something like, "That's enough coach, you made your point" - before getting to where you have to stick him. I didn't see the game, so did anyone see that happen? Second, you're quite right about addressing it early, as in the first half. It's wrong to let a guy carry on all through a close game and then stick him in the final minutes. It's one of the things they talk about in their "pre-game." show their cards pretty early, so call the bet and deal with it when you have to. Ain't no "check and bump" when you're reffing hoops. :)

Two things. You always try to "stop sign" the guy first - as in, the traffic cop palm, and say something like, "That's enough coach, you made your point" - before getting to where you have to stick him. I didn't see the game, so did anyone see that happen? Second, you're quite right about addressing it early, as in the first half. It's wrong to let a guy carry on all through a close game and then stick him in the final minutes. It's one of the things they talk about in their "pre-game." show their cards pretty early, so call the bet. Ain't no "check and bump" when you're reffing hoops. :)

Stephens gave JB the "stop sign" and was ready to T him up after the call was overturned

Stephens gave JB the "stop sign" and was ready to T him up after the call was overturned

Gotta give 'em both the same length of rope. No one has a problem with that. But, here's a thing about officiating today. Old school was blowing the whistle at the exact same nano-second as the "foul" occurs. Not really "best practice," it was just about appearing authoritative. In the military they call that "command presence."

Today, good refs wait half a count and decide whether to blow the whistle after seeing the entire play. Much better, but it takes a little getting used to by old school coaches. Another thing is "the huddle," especially with 3 man crews. Controversial call? Okay, time for a "team hug;" everyone shakes or nods their heads, the crew chief makes a signal yea or nay, and all the fans say, "they talked it over so they must have gotten it right." Everybody's happy, right? Well no, not some of the old school coaches. They're still adjusting, and you gotta give 'em a little latitude. It's sorta like raising kids. You can't always whale on 'em, sometimes you gotta let some stuff roll, even give 'em a hug when they need one. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom