Portal Needs | Syracusefan.com

Portal Needs

Dr. Bill

Scout Team
The Ladies had a great season and congratulations! Now, it is time to look to the future. One of the glaring weaknesses of this team and it showed up in the the box office tonight ( our bigs only scored 10 points and 8 were by one player, Latham), was an inside scoring threat. This team needs post players that present an inside scoring option. I hope in the portal, we can find 2 post players, 6-4 or taller, that can score in the paint and post up in the low block. Minus D. Fair, this team is going to have difficulty scoring points next year. Wooley will have to improve her scoring average and become a consistent 20 point/ game scorer. Sophie burrows looked good tonight, but she will need to be more consistent from the 3 point line and diversify her game to include dribble drive, mid range scoring. Point guard? Who will play the point?
I hope Verajao comes back. This team will be hard preesed to match this year's success and will take a step back, if it doesn't get some better post players, who can score inside from the Portal!

Think the bigs are better than you give them credit for. Can’t just negative our players and assume we can get better ones bc message board people said so. Our bigs fought and got tons of boards played good D. Will be better next year. Feef off.

Love the wings. Georgia is my favorite player sheet stuffer and glue player. Just need to portal a high end PG imo.

Think the bigs are better than you give them credit for. Can’t just negative our players and assume we can get better ones bc message board people said so. Our bigs fought and got tons of boards played good D. Will be better next year. Feef off.

Love the wings. Georgia is my favorite player sheet stuffer and glue player. Just need to portal a high end PG imo.
We are all allowed to have our own opinions. We had really good perimeter players, we started in essence, 3 guards, and that is where all of our scoring came from. Our bigs hustle, yes, play good defense yes, and rebound yes, I agree with all of that, but they don't score points. That was our achiles heel this year and with D. Fair leaving, it will only be magnified if we don't get a big that can score in the low block and offer and inside scoring threat. Look at the tape of the Uconn game, look how many times Wood received a pass or got a rebound in scoring position and couldn't score. In fact, they stopped guarding her at all when she received a pass at the foul line. We have enough guards, between Perkins and the two injured guards that didn't play at all this year, we should be OK at the point, plus the little freshman PG coming in is very good. Interior scoring is what is missing from this team... We are at the scholarship limit so I am not sure how we could even bring in any Portal players...but I bet we try

We are full on scholarships. Think Camp could be a good pg next year. Perkins may elevate her game.
I agree on scholarship limit...but I bet if we can get a talented Big in the portal, we will figure out a way to deal with the scholarship thing!! Plus, who is to say that all of our players currently on the roster decide to stay??

According to "The Next" Marilena Triantafilly has entered the transfer portal. I've not seen this confirmed any where else.

I agree on scholarship limit...but I bet if we can get a talented Big in the portal, we will figure out a way to deal with the scholarship thing!! Plus, who is to say that all of our players currently on the roster decide to stay??
I told you we would figure out a way to deal with the scholarship limit thing...Players will leave..and open up room. This is the new norm. Rosters will have to be rebuilt every year moving forward with such free player movement allowed now via this thing called the Portal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom