Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

There was still a fraction of a second when the foul was committed. Wasn't it a flagrant technical foul?
No. Not in my opinion. He blocked the shot with a ton of body contact.

In the game, that’s a normal foul. He went for the ball and got it.

When it happens at the buzzer in a 4 point game….it’s completely unnecessary. But he can do it if he wants, but he’s gotta deal with the response. Which was nothing. So….he wins. Well played.

Yup. They beat us by 4 in points in the paint and out rebounded us by 4 also overall. Miami’s tallest player and best rebounder was Omier, a 6’7” transfer from Arkansas St. We were way taller than Miami and rebounding was supposed to be their weak point. Not good.
Miami is 5th in the league in offensive rebounding.

When it happens at the buzzer in a 4 point game….it’s completely unnecessary. But he can do it if he wants, but he’s gotta deal with the response. Which was nothing. So….he wins. Well played.
It was a running hip check meant to knock the player into the seats, luckily he didn't hit his head on something. Don't let your hatred for Girard and Boeheim cloud your judgement.

Slept on it and woke up still pissed we lost. Inexcusable.
Understand, but a couple weeks ago did you expect SU to be in this game?
When they took those early punches, did you expect SU to fight back to get in the game to take a halftime lead, or envision a blowout loss taking form?
It was an ugly end, but remember it was #17 at their place and SU supposedly outclassed.
I liked the character and fight SU showed, I liked them coming back from that bad start and again after momentum swung to Miami in the 2nd half, and I like Benny passing the test regarding how he'd respond after the last couple games.
Again, I get it -but I saw some silver linings that made that ugly end easier to take and look forward to seeing this team keep improving.

Lol, Joe isn’t throwing a haymaker at that guy.

He’s been in altercations before. Handing the ball to the ND guy comes to mind. Many on this board loved it.
Throwing out an alternate theory here. Maybe the rest of the team was telling Joe what they really thought of him.

Throwing out an alternate theory here. Maybe the rest of the team was telling Joe what they really thought of him.

LOLOL.

I’m not crushed, I had no expectations going in.

This is not a good team. Maybe it will be good someday but not today. It’s a team that’s going to bite and claw to get an overall winning record (again.). Perhaps the 9-2 record was fools gold. Maybe people just had a false sense of security after beating two mediocre to bad ACC teams at home.

Stuff happens. Unlikely, to be sure. Improbable, but not impossible.
So joe took it to the basket knowing the idiot would attempt to block his and thus set up the remote possibility of a 5 point play .

Or

Joe figured no way that dude even contests this.
I can get two free garbage points with minimum effort

Understand, but a couple weeks ago did you expect SU to be in this game?
When they took those early punches, did you expect SU to fight back to get in the game to take a halftime lead, or envision a blowout loss taking form?
It was an ugly end, but remember it was #17 at their place and SU supposedly outclassed.
I liked the character and fight SU showed, I liked them coming back from that bad start and again after momentum swung to Miami in the 2nd half, and I like Benny passing the test regarding how he'd respond after the last couple games.
Again, I get it -but I saw some silver linings that made that ugly end easier to take and look forward to seeing this team keep improving.
It’s not the loss it is how it happened. Big difference for me.

I respect the contest . Don’t give anyone anything free ever.

What response? You wanted to Joe to take a bite out of his thigh so he gets ejected for the next game?

He was fine offensively, but we need more rebounding and he got burned on a corner 3 late with a half ass close out.

There were at least 2, and maybe 3 of their late 3’s where Benny was very late w the closeout, and all of them got splashed.

While it was great to see him shoot and play with some confidence on O, we can’t have an athletic 2nd year Forward keep getting roasted on D like that.

There were at least 2, and maybe 3 of their late 3’s where Benny was very late w the closeout, and all of them got splashed.

While it was great to see him shoot and play with some confidence on O, we can’t have an athletic 2nd year Forward keep getting roasted on D like that.
Especially when Bell and Brown have both been better on their close outs lately.

Also, having players with last names that are also common words is annoying from a typing/capitalization standpoint. Finally got the iPad to handle Benny and Jesse.

Last edited:

And I know he played well Saturday night, but Bell does not get back on defense at all on fast breaks. He got burned again yesterday.

biggest difference in the game was the free throw differential. Miami scored 11 more points than SU at the line despite pretty even shooting percentages. And while the refs were ... not good ... that's also on the defense not being in proper position a lot of the time.

And I know he played well Saturday night, but Bell does not get back on defense at all on fast breaks. He got burned again yesterday.
Yeah, he fell once and was incredibly slow to get up and back. Benny had similar issues against ND.

It’s not the loss it is how it happened. Big difference for me.
Ugly, yes.
Just saying a lot of improvement allowed SU to even be in position to lose like that.
Therefore, I'll focus on that instead of how the wheels came off at the end, and hope to see Judah grow from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom