Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

So what? 82-80. Oh, that feels so much better.
That is a flagrant technical foul. He gets 2 shots for the common foul and 2 shots for a flagrant technical. ahole ref should have rung him up for acting like a thug.

additionally I took it as “Judah isn’t the type of kid that needs to be rundown in the media”

why others are ok? No idea.
I suspect it’s (a) JB has been told to stop dragging his players in pressers, and (b) he doesn’t care *that* much anymore to do it.

If someone ran in and threw a haymaker you’d be upset they did something stupid, like when Benny ripped his jersey last week.

It’s not a big deal.

Let's say Joe did that and had to sit out a game or two by suspension. And then we probably lose those games. What was gained? "Toughness"?

i guess what I was trying to say is:

if symir cant get off the bench in this game, why is he even on the roster at all?

this game was crying for him

He was in. He was timid and didn't do anything at all with the ball. Joe should have been bringing the ball upcourt after Judah came back in.

JB never been shy about taking his players down in press conferences. Handling Judah with kid gloves that others haven’t benefited from

Think about it. If he leaves at the end of this season, Boeheim wants to hand over a full cupboard of guys who played, to leave a deep foundation to the next coach.

If, by some chance, Boeheim wants another year, then he wants to keep as many of these guys happy as he can. The last time he played this many players was about 10 years ago. But at least he did it again. If most of these guys come back, add a couple good portal pieces and this is a Top 25 team again.

Game was over. Guy had zero reason to do that….other than to punk us.

We took it and walked away with our tails between our legs.

It is what it is.
There was still a fraction of a second when the foul was committed. Wasn't it a flagrant technical foul?

Man there have to be a LOT of former SU players muttering to themselves about why Boeheim wasn’t so kind in pressers when they played.
Exactly my thought.

Boeheim treats people differently. Sometimes it is fair too - that’s his job as coach. In this instance, it is not fairly.

Rebounding was the reason we lost. We gave up 18 second chance points. I think we had 16. They beat us by ten on fast break points.
Yup. They beat us by 4 in points in the paint and out rebounded us by 4 also overall. Miami’s tallest player and best rebounder was Omier, a 6’7” transfer from Arkansas St. We were way taller than Miami and rebounding was supposed to be their weak point. Not good.

Judah drove 10-15 drives and didnt get a single call, last game he got 10.. the lack of calls in physical game created a ton of FTS for Miami and far less for SU..
Part of that is learning to read the referees. It was a very physical game . The refs aren’t always going to give certain calls. Judah has been scouted so coaches are telling refs to look out for flops/non-fouls when he drives and falls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom