Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

:48 left we get a gift stoppage in play because of the shot clock discrepancy.

It doesn’t appear that JB says a single word to the players on the court.

After we get the ball to Judah in the ensuing rebound, again, it doesn’t appear JB offers Judah any instruction. Just kinda waved his arms.

Not to mention leaving the kid in there when he was clearly forcing stuff all night long.

Not his best moment.
He’s been running it this way for 30 years. His only coaching in game is ripping dudes who mess up as he sits their asses on the bench

Example : Miami was using this very basic trap where the second the ball handier crosses half court, you spring a trap on him, using the half court line as a third defender. You can’t dribble through this with any consistency. Easy enough to break it with two short diagonal passes, the 1st of which goes to the now open guy whose man left to trap… but mintz didn’t understand this and was apparently not given the basic instruction

Another strategy is blow past half court with speed so they don’t have time to set it. We kept slow dribbling into it

Sherman, you out of control fake tough guy!! You couldn’t play here now!!

Look if you are a real Syracuse fan you feel gutted.
-knowing this board the way do I am sure this will be the night to kill Judah just like this board killed Benny the other night. And no question about it, he was absolutely awful. He did play a selfish brand of basketball and the last decision to take on two guys was inexplicable. But he is a freshman learning a new position. If he didn’t have an inordinate amount of self-confidence he wouldn’t be where he is. This was the lowlight of his season. He is incredibly talented and up until tonight really had shown signs of understanding how to become a point guard. We don’t win against Notre Dame if he does not facilitate the way he did. But this stings all you can do is hope he learns from it.
-The other reason we lost was in the last five minutes we decided it would be OK to give up 8 foot uncontested jumpers and stop rebounding. Taylor was outstanding for the majority of the game but it was pretty evident we needed another rebounder in there and I don’t know why JB did not go to Brown.
-on the bright side Jesse finally played like we all know he can.
-and even brighter Benny showed us a ton tonight. This board was driving him to the portal on Saturday night and nobody would have been surprised if he hadn’t started. But he came up big and the amount of effort he put into this game will not be fully evident in the box score. He needs to bring this intensity to every game. But to come back and play tonight after the debacle on Saturday shows a lot.
-Taylor was absolutely outstanding and his contributions will not be fully evident in the box score either. But what does show up in the box was that incredibly clutch three pointer he nailed with the shot clock running down. When he is starting at the two next year the sky will be the limit. JB just asked him to do too much on the boards tonight.
-absolutely there are no moral victories. But we went on the road against a good team and played very well. Arguably this might’ve been our best game of the year. Miami is good and they played well. We can build on this.

Add some returns next time to make it easier to read! But that was a terrific post. Lots to agree with there.

If you read between the lines of what JB said you know the following:

He wanted to get the ball to Joe on that last possession…and he’s not happy Judah didn’t wait long enough for Joe to get free.

I’m sure that will be a discussion point with Judah. “I’ve said all I’m gonna say about Judah is code for ‘I’m not happy, but this isn’t the place”.

He wanted to get the ball to Joe on that last possession…and he’s not happy Judah didn’t wait long enough for Joe to get free.

I’m sure that will be a discussion point with Judah. “I’ve said all I’m gonna say about Judah is code for ‘I’m not happy, but this isn’t the place”.

That was barely between the lines, haha.

Man there have to be a LOT of former SU players muttering to themselves about why Boeheim wasn’t so kind in pressers when they played.

JB never been shy about taking his players down in press conferences. Handling Judah with kid gloves that others haven’t benefited from

additionally I took it as “Judah isn’t the type of kid that needs to be rundown in the media”

why others are ok? No idea.

I put a heavy piece of this loss on the refs for sure. They owe us about 10 more FTs and gave the Canes 4 more than they deserved.

Our lead should have been closer to 16 or even 20 had they called it right. Plus their big who hurt us inside should have been benched with foul trouble most of the game.

I'm not one who usually says this, but I felt like we got quite a few possession calls in our favor from about the 8 to the 5 minute mark in the 2nd half.

Man there have to be a LOT of former SU players muttering to themselves about why Boeheim wasn’t so kind in pressers when they played.
What's the worst example

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom