Postgame Thoughts… UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… UNC

Well, the team battled.

What a game by Cole! Awesome performance.

Joe pulling up on the break with Cole underneath leading to the and 1 runout was rough. Props to him for that big time shot to force OT, after the horrendous turnover inbounding it.

Stunning how poorly we execute late in games. I mean, we forced OT but come on we had the ball up 1 and didn’t even get a shot.

Officiating was also pretty sporadic tonight.

My heart sunk when that kid hit the 3-pointer with 7 seconds to go. You could just feel that we'd squandered a golden opportunity.

Hats off to our kids for showing toughness after the demoralizing loss on Saturday. Wish we could have pulled this out in regulation.

1.) I don’t care about that last second shot. Joe was completely disgraceful tonight. Purposely looked at Cole wide open on two occasions and would not pass it to him. The one where he missed him for a layup turned into a five point swing. He clearly cared more about himself then the team. And that pass in the corner was a complete disgrace. How can a point guard in the ACC turn the ball over like he does? this game changed the way I look at him.
2.) As I said in the game thread our Hall of Fame coach has not been able to get the ball in play and it cost us wins at Wake Forest and UNC.
3.) playing Jimmy 41 minutes and Benny seven is absolutely indefensible. Put aside the facts that Jimmy doesn’t deserve that time and won’t be effective if he is tired. This season is over and Benny is part of the future and finally played well against Duke. Instead of giving him the opportunity to build on that JB stapled him to the bench in favor of his ineffective older son.
4.) Again Bourama showed who he is, a kid with absolutely incredible heart. What might have been.
5.) i’m happy for Cole. I wonder how much better he could be if you know we actually ran a play or two for him once in a while.
6.) I don’t know what we did as a Fanbase to deserve this season.

Great game for Cole! Should have had 40 if we fed him like we should have.

Heck of a battle by Sid. So glad to see him get up after the ankle roll.

And yes, I know Buddy had a bunch of rebounds tonight, but did he battle for any of them? Heck, one of his boards was a tip out from Bacot thathehad to bend down to catch

1.) I don’t care about that last second shot. Joe was completely disgraceful tonight. Purposely looked at Cole wide open on two occasions and would not pass it to him. The one where he missed him for a layup turned into a five point swing. He clearly cared more about himself then the team. And that pass in the corner was a complete disgrace. How can a point guard in the ACC turn the ball over like he does? this game changed the way I look at him.
2.) As I said in the game thread our Hall of Fame coach has not been able to get the ball in play and it cost us wins at Wake Forest and UNC.
3.) playing Jimmy 41 minutes and Benny seven is absolutely indefensible. Put aside the facts that Jimmy doesn’t deserve that time and won’t be effective if he is tired. This season is over and Benny is part of the future and finally played well against Duke. Instead of giving him the opportunity to build on that JB stapled him to the bench in favor of his ineffective older son.
4.) Again Bourama showed who he is, a kid with absolutely incredible heart. What might have been.
5.) i’m happy for Cole. I wonder how much better he could be if you know we actually ran a play or two for him once in a while.
Great post. Agree with it all. I’m sick. I’m beat up. March won’t be the same.

In the head coach's defense, we learned he watches practice from his office.

Hard to explain Swider’s performance after Saturday’s poor performance. Buddy disappeared down the stretch. Joe made that big shot to tie the game but was otherwise horrible on both ends of the court. Loved the heart Sidibe showed. Frank was invisible. The game was somewhat meaningless in that we still have to win the ACC tournament to dance but upsetting NC would have been a huge positive in a negative season.

Me too! 63 all when I got home
The thing is I said to myself “watch them pull away” and bang, Love’s first three. It’s so predictable. Yeah we forced OT but it’s just the same thing over and over.

The one most affected by Edwards not being in is Joe in my opinion and I firmly believe we pull this out with Edwards

We needed to keep getting Cole shots. ISO for others when Cole was on fire is hard to understand.

Joe makes some unusual decisions, tough to have those lapses in our starting PG.

They battled, it was a fun game. We are not far from being a good team and yet it seems as though we just can’t get there this year.

UNC s not a well-coached team.

Hard to explain Swider’s performance after Saturday’s poor performance. Buddy disappeared down the stretch. Joe made that big shot to tie the game but was otherwise horrible on both ends of the court. Loved the heart Sidibe showed. Frank was invisible. The game was somewhat meaningless in that we still have to win the ACC tournament to dance but upsetting NC would have been a huge positive in a negative season.
Buddy goes to the basket and gets fouled and the next shot he takes gets blocked when he could ball fake and go to the basket. He doesn’t try to create contact to get to the foul line. He will get that call late in the game.

with you 1-5. 6 is ayfkm territory though

Kudos to Cole. Unreal game. Kudos to Sid. Played with a lot of heart. Definitely isn't 100% and still gave it his all.

Joe had a bad, bad game. I don't even know what to say.

We went to Jimmy as our primary ball handler to pull out their big as though it would help. Jimmy is not Draymond. In the first half he was getting smoked on defense every possession.

The brothers had 25 FGA for 24 points. Fold in Joe and it was 37 FGA and 35 points. End of the day, you just can't win with that type of inefficiency on O, even with a Cole game, and being horrific on D.

The bigger point, though, is that the team structure has been and is a mess.

I really hope the kids can get the W against Miami to go out on a high note. We're in real danger of finishing under .500

Got banned from replying in the game thread, so if you don't hear from me again in this one, just assume it's the same deal.
Me too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom