Postgame Thoughts… UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… UNC

• Tremendous game by Swider
  • Inexcusable to not set a single screen for Swider in the second half when he was hot as the sun. How do we keep going Iso Buddy there over and over towards the end with Swider shooting like that? Why don't we ever make it easier for our shooters to get open shots?
  • Sidibe with the heart of a lion
  • Our only in-bounds play is passing it to Buddy in the corner. Everyone knows it's coming.
  • We should have won this game

Do you think Boeheim the eldest draws up these late game turnover plays?
How else could it happen so consistently?
And even if Buddy caught the ball in the corner...what was he going to do with 4 seconds on the shot clock besides toss up a prayer or turn it over?

Questions, questions.
No answers.

And even if he caught the ball in the corner...what was he going to do with 4 seconds on the shot clock besides toss up a prayer or turn it over?

Questions, questions.
No answers.
Toss up a prayer.

At least we weren’t going to Jimmy for a 16 foot right handed heave hook

It's exhausting.
Yes it is exhausting. My knuckles were white until I saw the in-bounds pass.

It was a Cole night. His line:
14 - 21 FG, 7-11 3PT, 1-2 FT 6 REB O& D, 36 PTS

Sidibe was the man too. 3-3 FG, 2-2 FT 8 PTS

Girard is asleep with not much production from Buddy 14, Jimmy 10 and Joe 9.

We have never had a losing season under JB. We win at home Saturday and that will still be intact.

I didn’t know Amish sent their kids to university .. and if you are Amish and this offends you .. you shouldn’t have electricity let alone a smart phone or computer

Last edited:
I sure hope Donna doesn't ask about Joe and say he has been okay. She isn't there but maybe she can do a zoom and ask.
Imagine if Joe hadn't chosen SU.

Karma. Its what happens when you try and force a natural shooting guard play the point.
No. it's not that. It was selfish and dumb. Has nothing to do with what guard position he was playing. What bothers me the most, is that our coach won't say one word about it after the game. Joe won't be singled out. Wouldn't surprise me if JB blamed Jesse for some of this. I hope some reporter asks Jb if he plans on retiring this year.

I really hope Swider returns. If JB actually gets back into coaching next year after his little daddycoaching sabbatical experience, he will make Swider a weapon. Cole could also be a valuable mentor to all of the freshmen and allow JB to try a number of different combinations with the new faces.

Honestly, I wasn't a bit disappointed joe tossed the ball out of bounds at the end. If Buddy got it, he would have shot a really tough 3. If he missed, likely, NC would have had a easy fast break with both Joe and Buddy at the end line.

And even if Buddy caught the ball in the corner...what was he going to do with 4 seconds on the shot clock besides toss up a prayer or turn it over?

Questions, questions.
No answers.
You never inbound the ball to the short corner. Its basketball 101. It was drilled in us in grade school.
Also why have a great shooter who is a weak passer and 5' 9 inbound the ball? Jimmy should have been the passer.

I really hope Swider returns. If JB actually gets back into coaching next year after his little daddycoaching sabbatical experience, he will make Swider a weapon. Cole could also be a valuable mentor to all of the freshmen and allow JB to try a number of different combinations with the new faces.
if we get Mintz, with joe and Mintz in the back court, that gives us a different look. With Jesse and Frank at the 5 and if Cole came back, I still want a portal forward but if we have to mix and match at the other forward with the frosh, I could live with that.

Imagine if Joe hadn't chosen SU.
You just reminded me of the absolute best moment in the entire game.
In OT when Sid wound up with the ball in the backcourt and no one came back to help him.
He finally realized he was on his own and dribbled up into the front court.

He now could be the third option at guard.

You just reminded me of the absolute best moment in the entire game.
In OT when Sid wound up with the ball in the backcourt and no one came back to help him.
He finally realized he was on his own and dribbled up into the front court.

He now could be the third option at guard.
That is ridiculous. Sid is at best a back up 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom