Postgame Thoughts… Virginia | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Virginia

But the point is, an elite academic school is willing to bend the rules if it benefits the program. If DJ Wagner wanted to go to UVA and Bennett had to find a way to get him to stay qualified, he’d do it.
I think all of them bend the rules except Stanford, and maybe Vanderbilt and Rice. Could be others.

JB has to realize that a press doesn’t need to steal the ball to have an effect. It forced Virginia to alter the way they played. I think it also keeps our guys moving. It’s a way to play ten guys too. It just might speed up the game for us.
and gets the passivity out of the system for the freshman...unleash the press!!!

I can't speak to the academic standards of most of those, but we all know what UNC perpetrated.

However. . .

UVa could not possibly be a unicorn, because. . .Stanford. See Andrew Luck.
Would you care to elaborate? I'm not sure of your point. Thanks.

Would you care to elaborate? I'm not sure of your point. Thanks.
I'm responding to the comment that UVa must be a unicorn, because no one else maintains such high academic standards. I referenced Stanford, and the example of Luck, who wanted to go to the combine, but was told by Stanford he had to be on campus to complete the requirements for his degree. (He may have needed to attend a lab?).

My first year of retirement I spent a year as an academic advisor to Uva athletes. The kids that come in to play at uva are bright. That doesn’t mean though that they are all academically gifted. There are classes at Uva that are rigorous for those that want them, but like most schools, there are also less rigorous classes. They definitely can’t get away with not attending or completely bogus courses like cough-Carolina-cough.

I will also say that Tony Bennett is the real deal. He is an extremely gracious man and a true leader of men. There are few like him that I’ve met in any professional capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom