Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2

JB has never huddled with or consulted with his assistants during a timeout. Not Hop, not Murphy, not Weaver, not Fine. He’s just never done it. I did see once in a great while Hop would walk past him and say something to him. But that’s it. Has nothing to do with the current assistants.
That is interesting.

JB has never huddled with or consulted with his assistants during a timeout. Not Hop, not Murphy, not Weaver, not Fine. He’s just never done it. I did see once in a great while Hop would walk past him and say something to him. But that’s it. Has nothing to do with the current assistants.
Yeah Hop was the only one…

Was that the fastest a game thread has ever been shut down? Someone had a trembling finger on that button for the last five minutes.
They have been pretty consistent at shutting it down this year. Must be on the clock!

Was at the game tonight (I know) and the only word to describe them is: drained

- Drained from the hype all off season of the family farewell tour & AA expectations for Buddy
- Drained from the lack of depth on this team where the starters are visibly exhausted to the point of impacting performance in the second half every game
- Drained from the postgame comments from JB and remarks about Benny's lack of development, along with lack of accountability for the sons
-Drained from the shame of holding Jim's only ever losing season, along with being called "SU's least athletic team ever"
-Drained from the "JB Retire" crowd - they hear it all

After seeing them in person and a performance like that, there is more than enough evidence than what this program needs more than anything is an influx of energy, personnel, and positivity. It's hard to imagine that coming from JB any longer.

As they say-It's about the Jimmys and the Joes. Both greatly struggled tonight and Buddy's hero ball when Girard was out was the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
I wonder if he was specifically asked about Jesse or just took yet another shot at him.

Said Jesse needs to get stronger. He gets the ball down low, but can't muscle his way to the basket just yet.

Yep. Has always been the case.

He was unhappy with Joe. He basically said he falls apart if he doesn’t get off to a good start.
bus close call GIF

On many occasions JB has indicated he watches basketball game after basketball game every day. I wonder if he ever compares the team he has put on the floor this year for Syracuse to what he is seeing across the country is a variety of conferences. Does he watch the quality of bench players and substitutions? Does he see the offensive plays being run? Does he see the mix of defenses being used to slow down opponents strength? Does he see inbound plays or ways to break the press? Maybe he should watch the Hallmark Channel and we focus on a coaching change!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom