Prediction on staff and players | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

Yes, it would be great to get someone who has some recruiting connections. I'm wondering if G Mac will leave. In that case, it might be helpful to get someone with connections in the Philly area. I think Hop was the main Team Final connection, although Cuse landed Copeland.

Please no Seth Greenberg. Why does Autry need a "bench coach" like Phil Martelli at Michigan? Red is not coming from the NBA--he has been involved in college coaching for over 10 years. He already knows the landscape.

Yes, it would be great to get someone who has some recruiting connections. I'm wondering if G Mac will leave. In that case, it might be helpful to get someone with connections in the Philly area. I think Hop was the main Team Final connection, although Cuse landed Copeland.

Please no Seth Greenberg. Why does Autry need a "bench coach" like Phil Martelli at Michigan? Red is not coming from the NBA--he has been involved in college coaching for over 10 years. He already knows the landscape.

Yup , Philly/DMV/NYC has to become our footprint again

Staff:
I think Autry retains both Gmac and Griff. But he goes outside the family for an ace recruiter which is needed. I think Griff has done really well with coaching the bigs and does not get enough credit. I think Autry is going to bring a sense of swag back to Cuse.

Recruiting/portal:
Expect a big uptick here. I expect Autry to hit NYC and the Philly area hard to bring that type of player back to Cuse. I’ve been critical of the staff the past few years of how down the recruiting has been. But it’s tough to recruit for 5+ years a lame duck coach in his 70s that people can recruit against and say it’s his last year. Not to mention JB didn’t recruit the at all the last few seasons. Autry will be a lot more active on the trail personally. I also think Griff and Autry are good recruiters, not great but good. I also think Gmac will have an easier time recruiter for Red than Gmac. I think Red will be a lot more active in the portal too

Team:
I think Edwards, Girard and Torrence are gone. I think JBA and Bell transfer. I think Autry is able to get Mintz back. Benny has a GREAT relationship with Red so I actually think he sticks around.

So as of now you’d have:
Mintz
Taylor
Brown
Benny
Hima

Copeland
Carey
Patterson

Expect Autry to go hard in the portal and I wouldn’t be shocked if he brings in another high school recruit or 2 late as well. I think we’ll be fine and we’ll have some players next year. Really need to get a center in the portal

Staff:
I think Autry retains both Gmac and Griff. But he goes outside the family for an ace recruiter which is needed. I think Griff has done really well with coaching the bigs and does not get enough credit. I think Autry is going to bring a sense of swag back to Cuse.

Recruiting/portal:
Expect a big uptick here. I expect Autry to hit NYC and the Philly area hard to bring that type of player back to Cuse. I’ve been critical of the staff the past few years of how down the recruiting has been. But it’s tough to recruit for 5+ years a lame duck coach in his 70s that people can recruit against and say it’s his last year. Not to mention JB didn’t recruit the at all the last few seasons. Autry will be a lot more active on the trail personally. I also think Griff and Autry are good recruiters, not great but good. I also think Gmac will have an easier time recruiter for Red than Gmac. I think Red will be a lot more active in the portal too

Team:
I think Edwards, Girard and Torrence are gone. I think JBA and Bell transfer. I think Autry is able to get Mintz back. Benny has a GREAT relationship with Red so I actually think he sticks around.

So as of now you’d have:
Mintz
Taylor
Brown
Benny
Hima

Copeland
Carey
Patterson

Expect Autry to go hard in the portal and I wouldn’t be shocked if he brings in another high school recruit or 2 late as well. I think we’ll be fine and we’ll have some players next year. Really need to get a center in the portal

Good stuff. If we can get today's Benny sign me up all day. He played his ass off.

If Benny continues to expand his offensive game and continue being more of a shooter, he and Brown could work together.

Need a better 2. Would be shocked if we don't bring in AT LEAST one starting caliber guard.

Also -- calling it now -- I think there's a solid chance Jesse stays.

I'll go with Gerry sticking around for now, but moving on once some openings come up after season.

I'll say it's a complete rebuild.

Gone:
JBA
Edwards
Benny
Judah
Symir
Bell
Girard

I really don't see a world where Mintz doesn't go to the league. At least he will do the "test the waters" thing. But I will say if anyone could get him to stay, it would be Red. Otherwise he wasn't staying with the current program.

Staff:

Recruiting/portal:

Team:

So as of now you’d have:
Mintz
Taylor
Brown
Benny
Hima

Copeland
Carey
Patterson

Hope Bell stays , lotta untapped potential there but if it means getting solid wing from the portal it is what it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom