Providence/UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Providence/UNC

Cotton reminds me of Isaiah Thomas (the dude on the Kings, not the legend).

I would have spent the last 2 minutes of that game fouling NC.

Oh well...

Looks like Cotton shrunk on that last possession. ;)

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse 58s
And the world was this close to Wake Forest fans having more to celebrate in the last 48 hours than the ACC's three Triangle schools combined.

Prov and Cooley just blew it. Had ball with 1 min left, tied. And they are walking the ball up the court

You HAVE to get the 2 for 1. You have to. Instead you get 0 shots to tie or win

Cotton isn't even their best guard, Kris Dunn had to sit out the season because of a shoulder injury plus their top 2 recruits were suspended for the year. They could've had a special year if not for that.

Cotton was awesome tonight, as he has been all season. I feel bad that he has to go out that way. PC had that game won and just couldn't get it done.

Cooley slowing it down with a minute left was the kiss of death. I was hoping he'd call a quick TO and set up a play to try to score quickly.

UNC was fortunate to win. PC just self destructed in the last 2 minutes. The ACC really needed that win after Duke's disaster today. If the ACC gets trashed it ends up hurting SU too.

Prov and Cooley just blew it. Had ball with 1 min left, tied. And they are walking the ball up the court

You HAVE to get the 2 for 1. You have to. Instead you get 0 shots to tie or win

Not going for the two for one was shocking.

Cooley had 2 TOs, needed to use one.

UNC was fortunate to win. PC just self destructed in the last 2 minutes. The ACC really needed that win after Duke's disaster today. If the ACC gets trashed it ends up hurting SU too.

I used to think that way too. Then I realized the B1G under-performs most years and every year people still think they're awesome.

??? Elaborate please.

How so?
You want the conference to be acknowledged as the best (elite). That position is important in recruiting. We're not an island. If the conference is viewed as the best it helps us. If the media is bashing and demeaning the ACC it works against us. I don't like Duke or UNC...I'm just being practical.

You want the conference to be acknowledged as the best (elite). That position is important in recruiting. We're not an island. If the conference is viewed as the best it helps us. If the media is bashing and demeaning the ACC it works against us. I don't like Duke or UNC...I'm just being practical.

I disagree. ESPN just paid 3.6 Billion Dollars to show ACC Football and Basketball games. They are the only media that matters and I'm guessing they wont be bashing and demeaning the ACC. On top of that...the next time I hear an "expert" talk poorly of Duke will be the first.

We all need ACC teams to advance...every W means that team plays again and chalks up another total of $1.5M in unitsfor the Conference. That adds up to millions more NCAA Tourney payouts every year.

Last year the BE paid out roughly $24M in units...the ACC did about $19M IIRC. And even an extra mill comes in handy...ask the ADs. :)

Cotton isn't even their best guard, Kris Dunn had to sit out the season because of a shoulder injury plus their top 2 recruits were suspended for the year. They could've had a special year if not for that.

Ed Cooley just can't catch a break. He is one of the most underrated coaches in the game. I was pulling for him tonight, not either of the schools. He's had a rough go of it at Providence, and none of it his doing. Just bad luck. He's made more out of tough situations than most coaches. I could feel it when his daughter was crying. Rotten luck again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom