Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reading comprehension around here makes me wonder

I can read fine. You said what you said and it was dumb. Quade had a solid year as a freshman. Wasn't groundbreaking, but he was a contributor. Goodine isn't even proven at this level. What he has done in high school will be irrelevant once he plays a college game. We've yet to see what Carey can do at this level. We've seen what Washington could do in the time he was/wasn't given and it wasn't much...yet.

No I don't think Washington is better than Quade. I think the sum is greater than the part. People don't pay attention. JB prefers interchangeable combo guards who can do both rather than 'just a pg' unless that kid is a dynamic scorer like Johnny Flynn.
I mean, we seemed to like Green a lot before.

My concern with Quade is he is 5"11" and you know zone. We saw how that worked with Gillon. I'm sure he will get better offensively, but yeah ZONE.
I agree, but the coaches weren't hung up on that before.

I mean, we seemed to like Green a lot before.

Yeah that's not lost on me, but it was also a different scenario, with different players and different personnel.

Would Quade have been the backup point this year?

Maybe in 2 years Quade can co-exist with Carey and Goodine.

the reading comprehension around here makes me wonder
I see the point you’re making. I just see the scholarships available, who will likely be gone in 2019, and have a hard time not wanting to bring in more talent to compete.

The best player plays. Everyone earns their spot. Who knows if Quade would start.

He’s asking for a 2nd chance at an opportunity at this point, not at a guarentee

I see the point you’re making. I just see the scholarships available, who will likely be gone in 2019, and have a hard time not wanting to bring in more talent to compete.

The best player plays. Everyone earns their spot. Who knows if Quade would start.

He’s asking for a 2nd chance at an opportunity at this point, not at a guarentee
If hes looking for a guarentee, he wont find it at nova or su imo

Pride is at its finest in this thread. Did he kind of screw us originally? Yes. But that doesn’t matter. If he wants to be here we take him. He’s s 5-star talent who had a decent year as a freshman in the SEC. we had interest in him more then almost any player in program history and some think we wouldn’t a second time around? Yeah no. We may have been desperate the first time but he was also a need in which we turned down MULTIPLE other Pgs to make sure we could land him. Ask Kentucky fans who ran their offense better, Green or Alexander? They’ll say Green.

Pride is at its finest in this thread. Did he kind of screw us originally? Yes. But that doesn’t matter. If he wants to be here we take him. He’s s 5-star talent who had a decent year as a freshman in the SEC. we had interest in him more then almost any player in program history and some think we wouldn’t a second time around? Yeah no. We may have been desperate the first time but he was also a need in which we turned down MULTIPLE other Pgs to make sure we could land him. Ask Kentucky fans who ran their offense better, Green or Alexander? They’ll say Green.
Whatever. Pass. We can do better, and taller.

My question is why? Forget that he pissed in SU's face. He's 5'11. He may be good a PG, but so what. He's a defensive liability at that height in the zone. And we have better, taller players ... Goodine for example ... already committed. I don't know if JC will stick for more than one year. But that's crystal ball material. If Green's character is roughly the same as before, he'll demand the red carpet and an immediate starting role. BOL. I don't think SU is a fit.
Whats wrong with his character? He chose Kentuckt last minute over SU. I didnt see his name on the addidas report. Kid made a mistake and paid for it by essentially losing a year.

He’s a great point guard prospect that can facilitate an offense. We’ve had shorter players at the top of the zone.

Maybe someone who knows more than me can comment on his defense/athleticism. Howard Washington’s not exactly Brandon Triche or MCW in the zone either.

But both were just freshman this year, so who knows.

I'm fine with the height thing. He is a good 2 inches taller than Gillon was. My issues with Gillon were more that he could not feed the post at all or distribute well. Quade does not have that problem as he can distribute the ball and has a good handle. He can also penetrate and really help our offense. I would take a kid his height with his quickness in exchange for more offense even if it cost us a little on defense. Also the team Gillon was one did not have a elite 5 on defense and had AW3 on the wing so 2 of the other 5 were liabilities.

Why though. Like I respect the opinion would just like to know why.
Appreciate the question, but I'd like to turn it around. Why recruit him (again)? Forget that he pissed in SU's face. He's 5'11. He may be good a PG, but so what. He's a defensive liability at that height in the zone. And we have better, taller players ... Carey and Goodine for two examples ... already committed. I don't know if JC will stick for more than one year. But that's crystal ball material. If Green's character is roughly the same as before, he'll demand the red carpet and an immediate starting role. BOL. Plenty of prospects out there with more height and better character.

Boeheim, for a year, was all in on this kid. That should tell you enough about whether he’s worth the potential negative (we dont even know if it’d be negative) impact on the zone

Whats wrong with his character? He chose Kentuckt last minute over SU. I didnt see his name on the addidas report. Kid made a mistake and paid for it by essentially losing a year.

He’s a great point guard prospect that can facilitate an offense. We’ve had shorter players at the top of the zone.

Maybe someone who knows more than me can comment on his defense/athleticism. Howard Washington’s not exactly Brandon Triche or MCW in the zone either.

He was "all in" with us. He told JB and a bunch of staffers for months he was coming here. Then he bailed at the last minute for UK. I'll let you speculate why. But if it's the reason I suspect, he's not the kind of kid I want playing for us, and at 5'11 I don't see the fit anyway. If he was a world-beater, we could suck eggs and give him a free pass. But as I've said, lots of other better character prospects out there that are true to their word and better fits for the zone.

“This is the guard Jay Wright goes after”

Well he had a nova offer.

And a Boeheim.

And a K offer.

These coahes wanted him. Not like Girard or Bertram where they may be nice pieces or luxury gambled

Quade is good. I saw him play a decent amount. He didn't do as good of a job penetrating right out of the gate like I expected looked a little unsure of himself at first. The reality is that Shai came on and played really well that took his minutes. I don't think it was a Quade stinks situation but more a Shai played really well. They are recruiting over him which many knew would happen. I think Quade was hoping he beat out Shai and carve out his role before more kids came in. Didn't work out that way. Doesn't make him a bad kid or stupid or anything. I mean Quade averaged like 10 points, 3 assists and hit above 35% from 3. We would take that all day long.

Quade is good. I saw him play a decent amount. He didn't do as good of a job penetrating right out of the gate like I expected looked a little unsure of himself at first. The reality is that Shai came on and played really well that took his minutes. I don't think it was a Quade stinks situation but more a Shai played really well. They are recruiting over him which many knew would happen. I think Quade was hoping he beat out Shai and carve out his role before more kids came in. Didn't work out that way. Doesn't make him a bad kid or stupid or anything. I mean Quade averaged like 10 points, 3 assists and hit above 35% from 3. We would take that all day long.
And he only lost the spot because of his injury. He wasn’t bad by any means.

Appreciate the question, but I'd like to turn it around. Why recruit him (again)? Forget that he pissed in SU's face. He's 5'11. He may be good a PG, but so what. He's a defensive liability at that height in the zone. And we have better, taller players ... Carey and Goodine for two examples ... already committed. I don't know if JC will stick for more than one year. But that's crystal ball material. If Green's character is roughly the same as before, he'll demand the red carpet and an immediate starting role. BOL. Plenty of prospects out there with more height and better character.
So what you're saying is he would be the third best G on the team and second best if JC leaves but you don't want him?

But he's a bad character kid...he told the staff he was coming and then at the last minute he changed his mind and went to Kentucky. This was after Kentucky and cal made a hard and aggressive push to land him in the last hour. Shame on this 17/18 yr old kid to fall for a sales pitch from the likes of Kentucky! Who is Kentucky anyways? This definitely makes this kid a disloyal brat who is only looking out for himself! He also took a huge bag of money and we don't want that drama because cuse will certainly get in trouble for that! Was that wasn't even a possibility of happening this past year when he was at Kentucky? This kid has character issues that we do not want! (Sarcasm?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom