Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a hold of my buddy..basically confirmed everything that's in this thread...Q is most likely to transfer...waiting on SGA and Hagans decision to reclassify. He will stay if it's just him and Quick..but if SGA stays, he's gone...and/or Hagans commits and jumps to 2018, he's gone as well FWIW

Finally got a hold of my buddy..basically confirmed everything that's in this thread...Q is most likely to transfer...waiting on SGA and Hagans decision to reclassify. He will stay if it's just him and Quick..but if SGA stays, he's gone...and/or Hagans commits and jumps to 2018, he's gone as well FWIW
I can now reveal my source see above post. Lol

that's what many uk fans have been thinking.

You gotta imagine that JB told QG that this exact scenario would play out at UK. Must be a tough pill to swallow

You gotta imagine that JB told QG that this exact scenario would play out at UK. Must be a tough pill to swallow

Sure guy, lol. Right. The PG he desperately wanted then telling him he wouldn’t be as good as expected at UK. Or that SGA would be such a beast.

He insists he does not negatively recruit. You can bet Cal does, if he blasts Duke's recruiting pitch in public, I'm sure it's much worse behind closed doors.

Maybe Kentucky was just too much of a culture shock for the kid? I think it's hardly the case that Calipari is targeting him to push out. He can help them. He can help us in the future too. I just wouldn't assume that Green is thinking of the numbers game at UK alone in making this decision.

Maybe Kentucky was just too much of a culture shock for the kid? I think it's hardly the case that Calipari is targeting him to push out. He can help them. He can help us in the future too.
It doesn’t matter. Having guys stay too long doesn’t fit his model.

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

You seem to be wondering if we would accept him if he asked to come here. The obvious answer is yes, so long as he doesnt mind fighting for his spot and accepting it if he comes up short.

Im saying he won't ask to come here.

I simply dont think he will leave Kentucky because he doesnt want to compete for PT there, and then decide to come here where there will be in an equally difficult fight for PT.

You might see Carey and Goodine as 2 guards, but Boheheim doesnt. We have Hughes and Boeheim at 2 guard. We dont have 4 shooting guards and only Washington at point.

If Green does want to transfer, my guess is he will be able to find a pretty good program willing to build around him and make him "the man." That's not going to happen at Syracuse.

I get what you're saying. I'm just not sure that he'd be as scared by Carey and Goodine as by his UK competition. SGA, is going to be a lottery pick, or close to it (he's now gone, so maybe that changes the equation some). Hagan is the #6 overall recruit in his class. Goodine is rated by 257 as #138 in the same class. That's a BIG difference. Likewise, Carey is ranked #57 by 257. Do we think higher of them? Sure, but some of that is homerism, and I'm not sure Quade will see them the same.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that Carey and Goodine will really be pgs. Boeheim has a way of telling tall guards with good vision they will run the point here. Remember how Battle was going to be our PG? And I mean, for all intents and purposes, in our offense, there's often no difference between the 1 and 2, there certainly wasn't this year. But I think that if Quade were to be available, Boeheim would have no problem moving both Carey and Goodine to the 2. Remember, this is the kid we TOTALLY sold out for less than a year ago. We ignored interest from Matt Coleman, SGA, Isaiah Washington, and more because we wanted this kid SO bad.

I get what you're saying. I'm just not sure that he'd be as scared by Carey and Goodine as by his UK competition. SGA, is going to be a lottery pick, or close to it (he's now gone, so maybe that changes the equation some). Hagan is the #6 overall recruit in his class. Goodine is rated by 257 as #138 in the same class. That's a BIG difference. Likewise, Carey is ranked #57 by 257. Do we think higher of them? Sure, but some of that is homerism, and I'm not sure Quade will see them the same.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that Carey and Goodine will really be pgs. Boeheim has a way of telling tall guards with good vision they will run the point here. Remember how Battle was going to be our PG? And I mean, for all intents and purposes, in our offense, there's often no difference between the 1 and 2, there certainly wasn't this year. But I think that if Quade were to be available, Boeheim would have no problem moving both Carey and Goodine to the 2. Remember, this is the kid we TOTALLY sold out for less than a year ago. We ignored interest from Matt Coleman, SGA, Isaiah Washington, and more because we wanted this kid SO bad.
If we were to pick up another guard, I rather it be Marek's 6'4" friend from Slovokia. Good ball handler, play maker and creator.

Last edited:

Goodine will end up being ranked a lot higher than 138 when all is said and done. I’ll bet some money on that.

You’re also forgetting Buddy Boeheim is going to be playing a lot of shooting guard. He’s not your average walk-on. He’s here to play.

Sure guy, lol. Right. The PG he desperately wanted then telling him he wouldn’t be as good as expected at UK. Or that SGA would be such a beast.
Cal’s pitch to Quade was that he would run the team for 2 years and then could go to the NBA. I think he is saying Boeheim could have said year 2 they will recruit over you and take your minutes away. We won’t do that your our guy. Just a guess.

i look at the offensive numbers that green put up in kentucky this year, and then imagine what could have been had he been coming off the bench as the third guard for the orange
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors