Quarterbacks | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

Not today early drops and hail breaks
Last week yes he missed but today he was a lamb to slaughter. Again I want somebody to write a job description to come play here
List what u get if u play here I’m waiting to hear

i love Rex will always be happy for that kid
But it was the only time we had zero pressure on the Qb and Pitt coach said blown coverage again Rex doesn’t have to apologize for that he made the play good for him love that kid
The o line is b

the first 2 drops were to his r

I can’t post what I would like to it’s better I don’t but if anyone wants to DM go ahead pro or anti TD and I’ll answer what I can
I’m thankful he wasn’t concussed he is really beat up from head to toe on face time last night he called from under the covers with just his face showings . stupid covid we can’t even
Take care of him and risk infecting anyone

This right here is just really, really bad. Really bad.

I feel like Dino is loyal to Tommy because Tommy was loyal to SU during the recruiting process. Everything I read Tommy was all in for SU even after he was an elite 11. I’m sure there was a major push from bigger programs but Tommy stuck with Dino.

Dino probably thought(didn’t we all?) that landing Tommy we’d get all sorts of 4* receivers. Weirdly Dino hasn’t...

Do you know how many recruits get offers after committing, and stay committed?

Just because you do that, doesn't mean you should be gifted a starting job and literally stop recruiting the position.

I have. I think you need to find the post where his dad talked about him graduating (post 68). In it he specifically says Tommy wants ro help turn things around. He says nothing about transferring. Every post you just copied is conjecture from other posters.
OK, you're right, because people always say exactly what they are going to do. Especially when it goes against the program they are currently in. When I am looking for a job, I always tell my boss before I start looking.

In any case, he needs to be benched because of performance alone. The program needs to try and develop the next potential QB.

Do you know how many recruits get offers after committing, and stay committed?

Just because you do that, doesn't mean you should be gifted a starting job and literally stop recruiting the position.
I’m not saying it’s right. Just saying Tommy was Dino’s star recruit and might feel he needs to be loyal to him

Dino didn’t stop recruiting QB, he has just whiffed in all of his targets

I’m not saying it’s right. Just saying Tommy was Dino’s star recruit and might feel he needs to be loyal to him

Dino didn’t stop recruiting QB, he has just whiffed in all of his targets

Wonder how many QB's decided against giving SU a shot because they knew DeVito was never going to be unseated?

OK, you're right, because people always say exactly what they are going to do. Especially when it goes against the program they are currently in. When I am looking for a job, I always tell my boss before I start looking.

In any case, he needs to be benched because of performance alone. The program needs to try and develop the next potential QB.
Saying he needs to benched is one thing. Asserting the coach should tell him to transfer because you think that's his intention and he's going to just mail in the rest of the season despite no evidence of it, is another (never mind that mailing it in would look horrible to any potential transfer destination). Feel free to die on that hill though.

Big game on Saturday, for a few reasons. Very curious to see what our offense does, primarily from the QB spot. Big time anticipation from me.

I have to assume Dino likes his job and likes getting paid. Thoughts of him not playing the best qb available is laughable. Every year everyone here wants to see the backup play and when they do they are worse. Sure Rex made one good throw. That doesn’t make him joe Montana. I have to have faith that Dino is smarter then all of us and is playing the best qb because that gives him his best chance at winning which allows him to keep his job and or get a better one. This has nothing to do with loyalty. Lastly everyone here arguing with a parent should be ashamed. I would like to see any one of you sit there and either watch your kid get pounded on or sit back while a bunch of “fans” destroy your kid. At the end of the day Tommy is giving it his all on the field and that is all we can ask. Dino needs to bring in linemen, running backs, and receivers that are p5 players. If Tommy had any support you all would be singing a different tune.

I have to assume Dino likes his job and likes getting paid. Thoughts of him not playing the best qb available is laughable. Every year everyone here wants to see the backup play and when they do they are worse. Sure Rex made one good throw. That doesn’t make him joe Montana. I have to have faith that Dino is smarter then all of us and is playing the best qb because that gives him his best chance at winning which allows him to keep his job and or get a better one. This has nothing to do with loyalty. Lastly everyone here arguing with a parent should be ashamed. I would like to see any one of you sit there and either watch your kid get pounded on or sit back while a bunch of “fans” destroy your kid. At the end of the day Tommy is giving it his all on the field and that is all we can ask. Dino needs to bring in linemen, running backs, and receivers that are p5 players. If Tommy had any support you all would be singing a different tune.
What you say has a lot of truth. It probably isn't the wisest thing for a parent to be on a fan message board where it is expected that fan(atics) will react emotionally and treat their child the way they treat every player that has ever played for their favorite team.

Last edited:
The problem is Rex is physically incapable of performing. That won't ever change. Tommy is mentally incapable of performing. There is at least a possibility of that changing. That is why he should start. I think Rex gives us the best chance to win today, but playing Tommy gives you a better chance of winning tomorrow. A some point though you need to throw in the towel and move on. That IMO would be the second bye week if he still hasn't shown improvement. Until then I would play Rex a few drives a game. After that bye I play the freshman the rest of the year.

In college, the QB1 position is the driver. In Dino’s 5th year, we have failed to recruit a playmaker. That my friends is all the difference.
I would think with our O line off season injuries surgeries etc ...since the guard from Florida was less than a 50-50 chance of being eligible that we would have searched the country for O-lineman 5th year transfers(especially with some conferences indecisive about playing this year)...even average guys are better than what we have...we have a fullback playing guard...I can understand missing out on skill guys but this is a HUGE miss by the coaching staff and offsetting what is a very good defense!!

Nah. Impulsive, frequently irrational, emotional, prone to tantrums, and not particularly knowledgeable. But probably not certifiable...yet.

To be fair, I can only imagine the posts that never see the light of day.
I don't know, I see some delusional thinking. ;)

Reactions: 007

TD’s dad has every right to be here but anyone with half a brain could see this going sideways from the start. History repeats it self time and time again here. For god sakes he is the father of the starting QB of an offense that is a raging dumpster fire. No one is criticizing TD the person just his play on the field. In fact most people are stating how badly they want him to succeed and what a good person he is. I think most on here recognize that it’s a combination of issues with the offense not just TD. It would be in his best interest to avoid a fan forum for his own sanity but to each their own.

The problem is Rex is physically incapable of performing. That won't ever change. Tommy is mentally incapable of performing. There is at least a possibility of that changing. That is why he should start. I think Rex gives us the best chance to win today, but playing Tommy gives you a better chance of winning tomorrow. A some point though you need to throw in the towel and move on. That IMO would be the second bye week if he still hasn't shown improvement. Until then I would play Rex a few drives a game. After that bye I play the freshman the rest of the year.
This is right.

It's too bad culpepper was so sick and switched positions so much

QBs need reps. Air raid does it fast so the detriment of everything else. Covid doesn't help there either

Any 4-star QB out there should be foaming out the mouth with a wide open chance to start and star at an ACC school that plays in a refurbished Orange Dome.

Any 4-star QB out there should be foaming out the mouth with a wide open chance to start and star at an ACC school that plays in a refurbished Orange Dome.
Why would they want to come here? To have a second and a half to throw the ball to underwhelming skill players behind a consistently low talent level and depleted offensive line?

Any 4-star QB has plans to make it to the league and that doesn’t happen when you can’t display your talent. I’m not insinuating that TD is blameless but there’s not many QBs out there who could step in and make the offense what we want it to be.

Saying he needs to benched is one thing. Asserting the coach should tell him to transfer because you think that's his intention and he's going to just mail in the rest of the season despite no evidence of it, is another (never mind that mailing it in would look horrible to any potential transfer destination). Feel free to die on that hill though.
I didn't say that any coach should tell him to transfer. I said they need to end the experiment and get an underclassmen some reps. Especially even if there is a chance he won't be here next year.

And you don't think he needs to be benched simply for the performance to date...that alone should be reason enough, as I said above.

Now, as I said before I don't think that Dino will do that.

Oh yea, I hear ya! I think TD is better than Rex. I just think our options are...well, not good. And I could be wrong, but it seems like TD doesn't have the team's confidence. As a QB, you are basically forced into being a leader and he just doesn't seem to have "it." I'm praying Lamson comes in and is a healthy version of Dungey. But that seems like an awfully tall ask.

TD is better, way better than rex. What seems to be going on is the perfect storm of tommy losing his mojo, like a golfer with the shanks. Add in the horrible situation at wr and the coaching and lack of preparedness and play calling. THAT'S the problem.

I rewatched the game yesterday on espnu and it's actually worse than this board is portraying. we didn't run more than 8-10 different plays all day and its gonna get someone hurt and the wr group is small, slow, and bad.

The morning after the Pitt game, I woke up with the thought that Tommy might transfer. Best for Tommy, best for his family and best for 'Cuse.
Really dislike this post. I think it's fair game to criticize his play, but hate seeing someone basically tell one of our guys to transfer. I know it's just one poster, but our fanbase is better than that. I hope Tommy can turn it around, but either way, totally support all the effort he's put in at SU and would never root for him to transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom