Quarterbacks | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

I think this year could be used to our advantage depending on what we are seeing in practice from the Freshman QB's. I would certainly give Tommy next week, but if we are seeing more of the same, and you think we may have something in one of the young guys, then i would go with them the rest of the season knowing this is a free year.

I don't put all of the blame on Tommy, but he certainly does not help himself with the sacks. It seems every time he drops back he locks in on the #1 WR, stares him down, and if he isn't open puts his head down and takes the sack. Was it a coincidence on Rex's TD pass he looked opposite field and then came back and hit Taj down the sideline? Not sure I ever saw Tommy do that. OC has to help him by calling more quick hitters. Will help him and the OL.

I have a feeling Tommy will transfer. If so i hope that
Rex takes advantage of the extra year. I believe that with a full year, next spring and fall camp he can become a good QB. Hopefully one of the true frosh win the job in the spring but either way Rex is a seasoned leader. I also expect Dino to go hard to get a transfer.
The morning after the Pitt game, I woke up with the thought that Tommy might transfer. Best for Tommy, best for his family and best for 'Cuse.

He actually went 28-42 as a starter a few years ago. He might need some reps in practice to get in sync with the receivers.

It isn't happening, look around the nation, college offenses hit the ground rolling and executing with young qbs that have chemistry with the recievers.

Lmfao if you think Tommy’s only option would be FCS schools you’re crazy. If he’s ever in the portal (I don’t think that happens) I’ll take any and all action on it, please.

I guess y'all missed the post from his father saying he is graduating in December.
I saw it. For some reason I’m holding on to faith that we turn this around haha

Nah. Impulsive, frequently irrational, emotional, prone to tantrums, and not particularly knowledgeable. But probably not certifiable...yet.

To be fair, I can only imagine the posts that never see the light of day.
Oh, they see the light of day...and sometimes night but are like a candle in the wind, they only live for a few seconds.

I guess y'all missed the post from his father saying he is graduating in December.
Doesn’t mean he is leaving though. Could stay for his Masters.

I hope you didn't read my comment as being critical of you. I was actually trying to point out that it carries a lot of weight with me, given what I know of your posting history.
Yes. Figured it out after. I was still waking up when I read it. Thanks...

I don't disagree.

But what if guys 2-5 are simply put really bad?

If there wasn't a sizable gap Rex starts the 2nd half.

I think we need to give Devito at least 1 home game before writing him off. Some of the responses make you question whether the posters think he should be blocking the D linemen as well as throwing the ball. You have people praising Rex for missing a open WR by 5 yards on the penultimate play of the game because at least he didn't get sacked by an unblocked blitzing linebacker. Can't make some of this stuff up.

Oh yea, I hear ya! I think TD is better than Rex. I just think our options are...well, not good. And I could be wrong, but it seems like TD doesn't have the team's confidence. As a QB, you are basically forced into being a leader and he just doesn't seem to have "it." I'm praying Lamson comes in and is a healthy version of Dungey. But that seems like an awfully tall ask.

Highly doubt it
Yeah, I think it depends if he can turn around his season or not and if there is a good landing spot for him.

If that is the case, then it is time for the Tommy experiment to end and start building for the future now. Start getting one of the Freshmen some PT as soon as humanly possible.

Tell him to enter the portal now.

We certainly can't do any worse...and what is the transfer market for a QB that throws for 70 yards a game?

If that is the case, then it is time for the Tommy experiment to end and start building for the future now. Start getting one of the Freshmen some PT as soon as humanly possible.

Tell him to enter the portal now.

We certainly can't do any worse...and what is the transfer market for a QB that throws for 70 yards a game?
I think a coach telling a player that sends a bad message to recruits. It says he doesn't have his players' backs. If the potential to produce is close between a young guy and a veteran, put the young guy in. But you don't just mail in the season after game two to prep for next year.

I think a coach telling a player that sends a bad message to recruits. It says he doesn't have his players' backs. If the potential to produce is close between a young guy and a veteran, put the young guy in. But you don't just mail in the season after game two to prep for next year.
If the player is talking or threatening to transfer and mailing in a performance, then the decision is justified in my opinion. But maybe I am crazy, if I knew an employee of mine had no desire to succeed or be on my team, then he would need to go elsewhere.

And in this exact position, the coach would be justified simply based on performance. You really need to play the kid that gives you the best chance to win. Period.

If the player is talking or threatening to transfer and mailing in a performance, then the decision is justified in my opinion. But maybe I am crazy, if I knew an employee of mine had no desire to succeed or be on my team, then he would need to go elsewhere.

And in this exact position, the coach would be justified simply based on performance. You really need to play the kid that gives you the best chance to win. Period.
Wow, that's quite a jump. Who said he was threatening to transfer or mail in performances?

Wow, that's quite a jump. Who said he was threatening to transfer or mail in performances?
1600656342918.png

1600656390010.png

You should read the whole thread before commenting and reading one post. And that Tommy's dad is on here.

So if he plans on only finishing out this year and transferring as a graduate, then we need to look elsewhere for a starting QB, like now.

View attachment 188337
View attachment 188338
You should read the whole thread before commenting and reading one post. And that Tommy's dad is on here.
I have. I think you need to find the post where his dad talked about him graduating (post 68). In it he specifically says Tommy wants ro help turn things around. He says nothing about transferring. Every post you just copied is conjecture from other posters.

View attachment 188337
View attachment 188338

So if he plans on only finishing out this year and transferring as a graduate, then we need to look elsewhere for a starting QB, like now.
I feel like Dino is loyal to Tommy because Tommy was loyal to SU during the recruiting process. Everything I read Tommy was all in for SU even after he was an elite 11. I’m sure there was a major push from bigger programs but Tommy stuck with Dino.

Dino probably thought(didn’t we all?) that landing Tommy we’d get all sorts of 4* receivers. Weirdly Dino hasn’t...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom