- Aug 14, 2011
- I thought the board's favorite whipping boy, Macky McPherson played a great game today outside of that horrendous snap. Toledo never fooled with and stunts or A gap blitzes. His block on Bailey's td run was excellent. He's probably playing a year to early, but damn he moves well in space.
- Nassib went kind of hot/cold/hot for the game. Can't believe he missed a wide open chew on that excellent play fake of of the fake toss. That should have been 6. Really want him to start learning how to step up in the pocket instead of rolling out every time he senses pressure. He figures that out he will be excellent for us. Love the fact he isn't forcing throws this year.
- PTG showed a level of explosiveness I didn't know he possessed to be honest. I thought he was more of a quick feet kid (not necessarily shifty). Think we may have found a weapon.
- Much better patience my Bailey yesterday. Was also excellent in pass protection -- best game of the season.
- I think a poster used the phrase "not that good" when describing West or what they heard about West. Now the kid was wide open on both his catches -- but did anyone else notice how naturally he caught the ball? Used his hands and the ball got no where near his chest. Good set of mitts.
- Speaking of doubting thomases -- Nicky "Charmin" Provo looked pretty damn tough on that run after the catch, didn't he?
- Rough game for Danny Vaughn. He's about a half step too slow out there IMO. Probably better suited for MIKE speedwise, but not the size for it.
- Cam Lynch looked decent out there -- is fluid for his build. He looks a bit confused at times. Think he is thinking a lot out there but that will slow down.
- Get your nose in the playbook Coker. With all due respect to Anene who has done an admirable for a walk on, he also is too slow to be out there. Last year's LB corps would have eaten those jailbreaks alive. Those would have gone for 3-4 instead of 6-7.
- Defense looked hobbled as a whole. Didn't possess the same speed they showed against Wake. Really need Spruill, Shamarko, P Thomas, Anderson, Lyn, and Jones back at full speed for conference play. Really missed Shamarko yesterday -- both against the read option and short passing attack.