RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

RB Cooper Lutz transferring to Vanderbilt

I'll say it again...Trebor Pena should be a running back and I bet he gets a long look at RB in the spring. Would be a great pass catching back on 3rd down plus his speed with trick plays.

Don’t see him as a RB as much as a slot guy. Maybe he can be lined up in the backfield for some plays but he’s not going to be an every down back IMO.

Are you friggin kidding me. This is getting ridiculous. I hate what the NCAA has turned college football into with allowing players to transfer at any time without having to sit out a year. I don't get why they had to do this.

Hopefully this decision can somehow convince another young talented RB to come here seeing a very wide open shot at playing time in 2023 and beyond.
Last night on College Football Final, Greg McElroy and Dusty Dvorchak went off about this. Joe Tesatore spoke about the NFL and other pro sports have organized deadlines, Free Agency, OFA's, Etc. and that College football has to address this because the time and $$ spent recruiting and development and then kids are just leaving whenever they want. It was tied into kids and recruits following coaches or leaving because of coaches. It seems like every week since September we have lost someone and now with signing day coming kids are trying to move and get spots. Crazy, Crazy Sh#t!

Don’t see him as a RB as much as a slot guy. Maybe he can be lined up in the backfield for some plays but he’s not going to be an every down back IMO.
Perfect Express Back

Last night on College Football Final, Greg McElroy and Dusty Dvorchak went off about this. Joe Tesatore spoke about the NFL and other pro sports have organized deadlines, Free Agency, OFA's, Etc. and that College football has to address this because the time and $$ spent recruiting and development and then kids are just leaving whenever they want. It was tied into kids and recruits following coaches or leaving because of coaches. It seems like every week since September we have lost someone and now with signing day coming kids are trying to move and get spots. Crazy, Crazy Sh#t!
Agree-This should apply to coaches, as well.

How is he a portal guy though? And again he only played due to injury. We had three guys play because of talent.

I only get 5. They may have been including Adams as a ST starter.

Doesn't make much sense no FBS school is making him a starter and he played and wasn't buried.

Who says that is his goal? If I were him I am hoping to get into Penn. Play there 2 years and get an MBA.

I thought Ivys don't do grad students?

I don't know I wouldn't' want to go through all the practices and commitments at a lower level. I guess if there is a degree we don't offer he covets it makes sense.

6 starters came out of the portal.
Its doable. We desperately need a RB, Dline players. Would be nice to add an Ol Safety and WR.
Lots of kids in the portal hope he can land a few.

I mean, our season cannot hinge on this guy…

It's not just the one guy; it's 11 or 12 of them now, and several were projected to be big contributors.

It's not just the one guy; it's 11 or 12 of them now, and several were projected to be big contributors.

Yea im more worried about the big contributors. Not lutz. No offense to him.

We are losing our super seniors, top WR, every back up RB, starting DB, DTs, TEs Kicker, a ton of important players and so far haven't added any recruits or transfers. In addition 2 of our best recruits have decommited. We dont have an OC, QB coach or WR coach which is probably by design. Today things dont look good.
Im hopeful that Dino pulls in some good players and coaches. The good news is that we added a solid special teams coach. Retained some very good coaches in the DC, LB, OL, and of course Swag which is very positive. Shrader will improve as a passer and i like the OL next year.
We desperately need Dl and RBs. Hough might not play or be back to full speed and we dont have any RBs behind Tucker. Forget the frosh hes not on campus and many have actually projected him as a DB.
RB is beyond critical.
DL is better but paper thin and very light. Without some ready to play cats we will get run over by teams.
We need a kicker and a punter.
Simply put the roster is very thin and has holes all over the place.
Dino has his work cut out for him. If he makes a bowl game next year he deserves an extension.

Dino is a RB. Does he have any eligibility left?

Are you friggin kidding me. This is getting ridiculous. I hate what the NCAA has turned college football into with allowing players to transfer at any time without having to sit out a year. I don't get why they had to do this.

Hopefully this decision can somehow convince another young talented RB to come here seeing a very wide open shot at playing time in 2023 and beyond.
What’s that? The NCAA is treating revenue generating professionals like revenue generating professionals instead of pretending they’re “amateurs.” The guys should be free to choose to do what they want, I can leave my job tomorrow if I’d like and the. start a new one that same day. Why can’t they start one the next year? This sentiment that NCAA has been doing what’s the best for players is riddled with hypocrisy and reeks of old-man-on-the-porch logic. “These kids have loyalty anymore! Back in my day you stayed at your company even if better opportunities came up! Yeah they could fire you at moment with no cause and you’d have no recourse, but that’s the price of loyalty!” They’re adults treat them like it and let them make their own decisions.

Who? They were all depth type guys who went portal.

This is going to look like college hoops, familiar faces in different places. (which stinks but that's a different story)

Yea im more worried about the big contributors. Not lutz. No offense to him.
He was a big contributor. Not at running back maybe but he was our second best special teams player and a captain there. It hurts to lose players like that.

Duke who doesn't have any fans or really care about football decided to move on from Cutcliffe, one of the only HCs to ever have success there, because he went 10-25 the last 3 years. Meanwhile Dino, who doesn't have the same track record, can go 11-24 and is safe.

I checked a few years ago and found that it is extremely rare for a P5 HC to take his team below 90th in the Sagarin and then recover.
Cutcliffe is also 67 years old and looks every day of it…

How is he a portal guy though? And again he only played due to injury. We had three guys play because of talent.

I didn't hear the comment, but it was something said in passing on the radio right? I'm guessing it was along the lines of we've had 6 transfers who have started.

Not we have 6 starters who all came from the new fancy transfer portal.

He was a big contributor. Not at running back maybe but he was our second best special teams player and a captain there. It hurts to lose players like that.

Eh id be much more upset if we lost pena v lutz, i just dont see it, i think we can get someone to fill in this void

Was talking to a guy whose kid is being recruited on the D1 level.

The new sense is, commit to the first committable offer that you get because it doesn’t end up where you go because you can always transfer but at least your secured an opportunity

It’s a wild world out there now

That's a silly silly take. If his kid isn't a starter? Hitting that portal is likely a 70% chance of quitting football.

… at least at their current level.

Gotta imagine current/former P5 guys would be welcomed at many G5’s, or FCS at least.

For every Cuse guy who ends up in the MAC, there’s a Jared Verse who ends up at Syracuse.

(Yes, I’m am speaking this into existence).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom