Regardless of outcome | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of outcome

Great effort.

Proud of these guys. Clemson is just a better team with advantages on the lines. SU was able to hold their own for a half but it’s a sixty minute game and effort only gets you so far.

And they are going to go at least 4-1 the rest of the way
Given all the injuries the Dline held their own but the Oline got completely outclassed. A lot of those penalties came because our guy got beat. No excuse for Fuentes-Cundiff -reminds me of Keon's in the NWU game years ago. Very costly.

I guess they didn't meet your expectations for this game. Shame on them. The team we just played had won 37 games in a row at home. Might there be a reason for that?
Both are great football teams. Our team is every bit as good as Clemson and we showed that in the first half. We started playing like the game was over and didn’t put it away. Then we didn’t respond when punched in the face. The mistakes and hanging heads on the sideline tell you all you needed to know around the 4 minutes to go in the third.

I love this team, but I’m surprised the team leaders and coaches didn’t pick each other up.

It's little plays. Dropped pass to extend a drive, Barron with another atrocious angle in run support, Bleich too slow, the new Rhino's two penalty games...we can't overcome those against good teams.

Dino and Anae have had better days. McDonough witness protection comment when Tucker caught his last pass was classic.

I don’t think anyone quit. Just mistakes, and some questionable calls and no calls, and Clemson being Clemson.

SU is closing the gap. There are no moral victories, but SU is no longer going to be a bottom dweller team in this crappy conference.
Sideline reporter on our side of the field said around 6 minutes left that SU looked defeated on the sidelines

Both are great football teams. Our team is every bit as good as Clemson and we showed that in the first half. We started playing like the game was over and didn’t put it away. Then we didn’t respond when punched in the face. The mistakes and hanging heads on the sideline tell you all you needed to know around the 4 minutes to go in the third.

I love this team, but I’m surprised the team leaders and coaches didn’t pick each other up.
When the NFL draft comes around, we won't match Clemson. And I call crap on the hanging heads. We didn't quit and hung in and actually had a chance at the end of the game. Would have had a better chance had our coach known to call a time out and save us 30 more valuable seconds.

Wow college kids felt frustrated for a bit, burn them at the stake. Question the play calling on offense and the clock management but this team has heart and leadership, Bigtime

Sideline reporter on our side of the field said around 6 minutes left that SU looked defeated on the sidelines
Yeah, I think she doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

Who the hell is she? We were right in it till the end so that goes out the window. And that included the ridiculous pass interference call which made us go for 7 at the end instead of a tying FG.

I mean do we have evidence to the contrary. With how our offense played the second half it’s not that hard to imagine seeing players getting demoralized at being shut out

They quit?! Lol congrats you won the stupid comment of the day
And that is why we were marching down the field with 15 seconds left and almost pulled off a Virginia 2.0 win.

Who the hell is she? We were right in it till the end so that goes out the window. And that included the ridiculous pass interference call which made us go for 7 at the end instead of a tying FG.
A national reporter that is walking our sidelines and observing players and coaches?

I’ve never felt any worse after a game, this just sucks, I hate the “I’m really above blaming my officials crap, take a look at the flags during crunch time. And if this is not a thing explain to me how our hit out of bounds which led to their score was a late hit and the shove of Shrader was not. Go ahead, I’m waiting , feel free to use game tape or visuals.

She doesn’t, this team has as much heart as any SU team I have seen in about 35 years of following them. She can burn in hell with anyone who questioned if we were for real

I mean do we have evidence to the contrary. With how our offense played the second half it’s not that hard to imagine seeing players getting demoralized at being shut out
Yes, the fact that they kept fighting. Sideline reporter was looking for an angle that wasn’t there.

A national reporter that is walking our sidelines and observing players and coaches?
lol national reported who has never played a down of football. And the play on the field told you whether we quit or not. We fought right till the end. I would like to see what we could have done with 30 more seconds at the end of the game.

Good effort in the first half but they quite in the second half. I’m happy they played them close, but they quit and that’s what hurts about this loss.
They did not quit at all. I question some play calling but our under sized team battled and the defense was gassed. Hate this take.

lol national reported who has never played a down of football. And the play on the field told you whether we quit or not. We fought right till the end. I would like to see what we could have done with 30 more seconds at the end of the game.
Well Shrader threw a stupid pick so 30 more seconds doesn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom