Regardless of outcome | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of outcome

They did not quit at all. I question some play calling but our under sized team battled and the defense was gassed. Hate this take.
It’s a stupid and inaccurate take. 2019 against Maryland and BC? That’s quitting, today we didn’t quit at all

2nd drive of the 2nd half Tucker carries for 23 yards and one other carry for 15 yards the rest of the game. He is the best playmaker on the team so when the offense goes dead, maybe that's on the play caller.

Clock management before the last FG by Clemson just cannot happen.

Defense played its heart out and just got worn down in the end as a nearly 30 play difference cannot happen with the lack of depth on the defense
For me, criticizing play calling when I have no knowledge of the intricacies of the play or what is happening on the other side of the ball is a losing game.

Coach Anae knows his stuff.

It would be foolish for me to criticize him.

He threw that pick with the second ticking down. That is the point. If he knew he had more time, he might not have felt the need to force it in.
If the clock is moving then throwing it to a spot where Gasden is going to get tackled in bounds, with clock moving, is stupid.

maybe if the play is snapped with 50+ seconds versus 26 seconds then Shrader doesn't force it? those seconds lost, completely change the mindset of play execution.
Maybe is doing a lot of work here. I don't think the time had anything to do with his throw. He threw a stupid pass.

Great effort.

Proud of these guys. Clemson is just a better team with advantages on the lines. SU was able to hold their own for a half but it’s a sixty minute game and effort only gets you so far.

And they are going to go at least 4-1 the rest of the way

Yep. Can't quit on these boys. Let's get revved up for the Domers and get after them. Mistakes hurt but this team still fought like hell.

If the clock is moving then throwing it to a spot where Gasden is going to get tackled in bounds, with clock moving, is stupid.
I don't know that he felt he had a lot of choices. Some are saying that there was an open guy down field. I didn't see that. I will tell you one thing, I'm not going to knock GS. I will let that to others. His running kept us in the game and helped build up the lead.

I don't know that he felt he had a lot of choices. Some are saying that there was an open guy down field. I didn't see that. I will tell you one thing, I'm not going to knock GS. I will let that to others. His running kept us in the game and helped build up the lead.

Yep. This was our first loss and that hurt. We gutted it out vs Purdue and UVA. This one just couldn't get there at the most difficult place to play in the country.

Really? Between the clock/game management, and the play calling?
I think he is saying that the coaches got us prepared to play a great game and had us 6-0. That merits not dumping on them for one close loss. Unless you are on this board. Where knocking the coaches and the players is SOP.

He choked. It happens. First half Shrader was great. Second half was terrible. Offense lost this.

I think he is saying that the coaches got us prepared to play a great game and had us 6-0. That merits not dumping on them for one close loss. Unless you are on this board. Where knocking the coaches and the players is SOP.
Coaches have done a great job this year.
They choked with the wasted TO and the Wes Hough What call.

I think you are wrong. The clock was the biggest factor at the end.
It had nothing to do with his throw. He went to what he thought was security in Gadsden. If he had thrown it to Gadsden's left side it may be complete. Instead he threw it center/right and it was picked. Clock had nothing to do with the decision and throw.

It had nothing to do with his throw. He went to what he thought was security in Gasden. If he had thrown it to Gasden's left side it may be complete. Instead he threw it center/right and it was picked. Clock had nothing to do with the decision and throw.
You are missing the pt. Clock had everything to do with being rushed. And the choices he made because of it. Think what you want. You play differently with 50 seconds vs 20 seconds.

He choked. It happens. First half Shrader was great. Second half was terrible. Offense lost this.

Second half shrader hit the dude in the chest for a 1st down that was dropped

I don’t love everything he did but to say he choked is asinine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom